Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashanth
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Runny nose. Persistent stuffy nose. A feeling of mucus continually running down the back of the throat. Poor sense of smell. Poor sense of taste, Pain in the face. Headache.
Hi. Can you please help me for how to increase the penis size and prevent premature ejaculation. I am unmarried and worried for future life. Please help me. Thank you.
I am getting a headache every time when I watch system continuously and also when I get tensed, what can I do decrease this.
I am 72 years male. Wt 79 kgs. height a 5.7 suffering from muscles weakness. Cramps since long. What is the remedy? Medicines?Thanks
I am seven weeks pregnant. Can I have sex with my husband. To make him feel complete. Or is it harmful. please suggest. My vagina irritated when I tried a bit today coming upside on him. After a long time since I got confirmed pregnancy. please help with best suggestions.
I am suffering from low bp for last 4 years, I regularly take pills (panazep 12.5 and nishq 0.5) from last 3 years, when I take pills, all things goes good, but when I miss my pills for 1 day, my body need hospitalization, doctor says it's anxiety problem, they says you are in depression, how can I get rid from taking pills. Please suggest. Thank you.
If left fallopian tube ruptured and removed still chance is there fertilisation in left fallopian tube.
My age is 24. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that does high cortisol cause increase in testosterone?
Mind your headaches (All about headaches)
Headaches and migraines are one of the most common types of pains that patients can face. There are many types of headaches that may afflict people and there are a number of reasons that can be attributed as their cause.
Let's look at some of the types of headaches and their causes:
Facial headaches - This is an ache, which is usually centered on the face, the crown, and the forehead. In this headache, movements of the head and face may also cause problems.
- Causes: The main cause for facial headaches tends to be sinusitis, a condition in which the cavities in the skull get blocked. Sinusitis may also happen due to a cold as this has often been accompanied by a runny nose as well.
- Treatments: The best treatment for this issue would be to treat the underlying condition, i.e. the cold or the blockages. Using the prescribed variety of decongestants and inhalers can vastly improve the situation.
Migraines - This is an intense pain on one side of the head that can last for a few hours to a few days. Most of the pain is sometimes centered behind the eye, and many people report extreme sensitivity to light as well as sound. It can be debilitating to some people who suffer from a severe form of it.
- Causes: Migraines are one of the most complicated problems to diagnose and there can be a variety of reasons for it. Triggers may include food or lack of it and also be caused by other underlying physiological reasons.
- Treatments: Although there are certain painkillers, which are available, it is best to consult a doctor to know the root cause and thus, avoid the triggers or take appropriate medicines if necessary.
- Causes: These headaches are a result of stress, which may result in the decrease of the blood flow to the brain due to the stiffening of the head and neck muscles.
- Treatments: Over the counter drugs such as paracetamol or ibuprofen can help improve them, but it is better to consult a physician before undertaking self-medication.
Cluster Headaches - These are the most potent form of headaches that can be very painful. They usually originate as a piercing pain in the head with pressure on the eye and can even lead eye inflammation, and watery and droopy eyes.
- Causes: Certain neural functions originating from the hypothalamus can cause this issue and this type of headache may be triggered by alcohol, smoking or other forms of strong smells.
- Treatments: Generic painkillers may not be able to correct the issue quickly enough and this may require the administering of special injections or nasal sprays. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.