Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PrasadYour feedback matters!
I have a got a lot of mouth ulcers all of a sudden. What steps I need to take sitting at home to get rid of it?
I eat gutkha and now I have stopped eating. I can't open my mouth is there any medicine or exercise so that it can help me to open my mouth again.
Teeth stains are a major inconvenience as a well as harmful for your teeth. Teeth stains can occur due to consuming certain foods and drinks. It can also be caused due to unhealthy lifestyle choices, such as not brushing teeth or flossing.
Here a few tips to how to prevent teeth stains. Read on more to find out all about them:
- Practicing healthy habits: It is a good idea to brush, or use a mouthwash after a having a meal. Keep in mind that the foods and drinks mentioned below can stain your teeth more than others. Coffee or tea, soda, red and white wine, grape or cranberry juice, blueberries, beets, soya sauce and tomato sauce cause teeth stains so while consuming them keep in mind to always brush floss or wash your mouth after consuming these.
- Drinking with a straw: Drinking with a straw keeps away the stains from your mouth as the liquid doesn't go near the visible front surfaces of the teeth.
- Brush, floss and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash: By brushing, flossing and rinsing with a mouthwash on a regular basis you reduce the growth of the bacteria called plaque. Plaque is sticky in nature and promotes the formation of teeth stains. By eradicating plaque you also prevent teeth stains.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned: Make sure to visit a dentist at least twice a year. Even while maintaining your teeth by regular brushing, flossing and mouthwash, getting your teeth professionally cleaned is beneficial and can help you guard against teeth stains.
- Using teeth whitening kits: At-home teeth whitening kits are available in local drugstores, which help in preventing teeth stains. They usually cause slight discomfort, which goes away in a few days' time.
- Professional tooth whitening: You can also get your teeth whitened by your dentist. In this procedure, the dentist applies a bleaching agent to your teeth after applying a rubber shield on your gums. This procedure usually takes a single or in some instances multiple visits to perform.
I have got a dep cut in the gums in the left side of my mouth. Read on internet to take little warm water. But nothing is happening. Its been seven days and its not healing. Am not able to eat anything. Help me. Reply soon.
I (chinmoy 28yrs) hv done one root canal on tooth &one ct scan on whole body. After that I check side effect in Google and that is cancer. Now I m getting nervous day by day. Sir/madam kindly tell me is there any risk.
I have to enquire regarding some dental problems.I have one tooth completely damaged but not paining.I want to remove and implant a new one.Also after implantation can i go for ortho treatment?what will be the approximate cost for all these.I want to clear all the damages :) :) .I want to do treatments in chennai.
My mom is 55 years old and she has some dental problems. 4 of her upper left teeth are reduced in density and it is spreading to the other tooth also, it seems to be like skeleton teeth. She is ill now, so we are unable to consult the dentist immediately. So please tell me what would be the reason for this.
I am male 75, Recently a week back I have noticed that the stainless steel wire attached to my upper denture missing I doubt whether I might have swallowed the small steel wire during sleep, or it might have fallen while cleaning the dentures during brushing. I have not noticed any pain in my stomach even after a week now. Suggest me what to do?
I got some infection in my mouth. It did not get any problem but it creates small pimples inside mouth. I am in trouble.
Hello, sir my father have been recovered from cancer that is 1st n 2nd stage in neck behind the tongue he has been recover last year by month of september'2014. But still now he is not getting any taste while eating anything. He cannot eat spicy things. His tongue always remain dry due to saliva destroy, so how can he will be able to eat every thing specialy spicy.
Mera akal ka dant nikal gya h par doctor bata rha h k usse space nhi mil rha h niklana padega usko operate krke .bahut pain kr rha h.
Hello, everybody, I am Dr Priyanka Puri. I am an Implantologist and a cosmetic/ aesthetic specialist. I have been practising for the past 12 years now. Today we are here to discuss some common topics which everybody faces in dental. First, I would like to talk about the root canal.
A root canal is a simple procedure. Basically, in a root canal procedure, we make the tooth non-vital and in the procedure basically, there is 2-3 part of the procedure.
- The first part involves the opening of the tooth.
- The second part involves cleaning of the tooth nerves and the third part involves filling it with an artificial material which is bio compatible with the tooth structure and facing a cap over it for strengthening it.
And now, with latest technologies, a root canal can be done in single sitting also. When it is single sitting, the important part of single sitting is that your bone should not have any abscess or any pus discharge there. If it all it is there, then you will not probably want to finish it in a single sitting. And apart from that, the patient fears like how long the tooth will be there, how long the treatment will last for me and all those things. If you take good care of your root canal and if you maintain it well, the tooth is going to last you lifelong.
There is no issue that a patient should be facing with a root canal and then you are on your antibiotics and pain killers while you are going for a root canal procedure.
There are some symptoms which are very specific for a root canal like recurrent pain in mouth while eating, while not eating, while sleeping having shooting pain. Lot of pain while eating hot food or hard food probably that side will not be functional for the patient. So, all these symptoms also guide to a large extent that a patient is requiring or a tooth is requiring a root canal treatment.
A simple cavity is very different from a root canal with the symptoms itself. A simple cavity would not have all these symptoms aligned with it and root canal would be having these symptoms aligned with it. So, I should request all the people that you should be aware of the dental hygiene and in your mouth, if you see some cavities starting up, you should always get the preventive treatment done.
You should not wait for the decay to convert it to a root canal. Because then the tooth will be non-vital and will not help you with the preventive treatment.