Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental and emotional condition that is characterised by a heavily distorted thought process as well as hallucinations and even extreme fear that borders on paranoia. Let us find out more about this debilitating disease:
- Genetics: Genetic factors play an important role in the development of schizophrenia.
- Environment: Possible environmental factors include obstetric complications, the mother's exposure to influenza during pregnancy or starvation. It has also been suggested that stress, trauma even migration can lead to the emergence of schizophrenia.
- Neurodevelopmental Factors: Schizophrenia appears to be a neurodevelopmental disorder. That is changes that cause the illness have been occurring from the earliest stages of development even in utero, and may continue to influence the development of the brain over the first 25 years of life.
This disease has a variety of symptoms include cognitive and emotional ones that can vary in the degree and severity. One of the most common symptoms included hallucinations and delusions where the patient may end up imagining things that do not really exist. The patient may also be gripped by sudden and crippling fear like paranoia, which can be debilitating as far as everyday functioning of the person goes. The symptoms can also interfere with the way a person deals with situations and life skills on a cognitive basis. Withdrawal and hopelessness are also a part of this disease.
The earliest signs and symptoms must be referred to a psychiatrist. The treatment involves the management of the case of an individual basis along with psychological rehabilitation programs and inclusion of the patient in self-help groups. Housing and employment programs must also be availed so as to keep the patient busy. Also, behaviour therapy will be required in such cases. The mode of counselling should usually be on a one on one basis, although many doctors also suggest that group therapy can help in showing examples of progress so as to encourage the patient to change and get a new lease of life. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello I am suffering from stammering so how to control it & I have this problem from childhood so there is any solution for this.
Im a chain smoker how can I stop smoking as soon as possible I request to revert me as soon as possible.
There are certain ways in which families can stay together without any emotional problems that pull them apart. Here are some of the effective formulas in order to create a great emotional bonding:
- Learning: Families are the place we learn qualities, abilities, and conduct. Solid families oversee and control their learning experiences and methods. They set up an example of home life. They select suitable TV programs. They manage their youngsters into the world outside the home. They do not give social powers a chance to lead their family life.
- Dedication: Solid families have a feeling of inter-dependence and dedication toward relatives. The family sticks together. They remain by each other during times of inconvenience. They remain standing for each other when assaulted by somebody outside the family. Devotion works through affection and wellbeing, needs and favorable luck, disappointment and achievement, and everything the family faces.
- Adoring: All people want to love and to be loved; the family is regularly where love is communicated. Love is the mixing of physical and mental harmony. It includes protection, closeness, sharing, having a place, and emotional space. The environment of genuine love is one of trustworthiness, comprehension, tolerance, and forgiveness.
- Responsibility: Individuals from solid families are committed to the prosperity and joy of alternate individuals. They believe in family solidarity. Responsibility serves as a firm establishment for solid family connections.
- Appreciation: People from solid families show and discuss their gratefulness for each other. Alongside our requirement for affection, our most vital human need is the requirement for appreciation. One of the reasons why we work so hard in life is not inspiration by cash, power, or position; it is the yearning to feel valuable.
- Correspondence: People from solid families work at growing great relational abilities and invest a ton of energy chatting with each other. They discuss the little, insignificant things and additionally the profound, vital issues of life. Correspondence is the backbone of connections - the way love and different feelings are communicated.
- Time together: Healthy families invest energy and quality time in expansive amounts with each other. A few families may state, "We do not get to know one another all in all family, yet what little time we are as one is quality time.” The reviews on solid families demonstrate that both quality and amount are important for good relationship arrangement and upkeep.
- Spiritual well-being: Whether they go to formal religious administrations or services, emotionally healthy relatives have a feeling of a more prominent, greater power in life; and that conviction gives them quality and reason.
- Adapting capacity: Individuals from strong families can see stress or emergency as a chance to develop and learn. They have great adapting aptitudes. A past filled with critical thinking gives the confidence to manage most things that comes our direction.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!