Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Prajwal RaoYour feedback matters!
Sir/Madam, There is a continuous numbness in my left hand and also sometimes I get pain in foot. And also I started loosing body weight what are the causes for this problem? Some say these are the symptoms of diabetes. Is that true?
My mother is suffering from polio since many years but now I want her to be treated .so may I know the payment structure of the hospital?
I am suffering from migraine from past 3 years. Only at the time of treatment ill be ok ok but after completing the course again it will come. What to do?
Hi I'm 73 years old I have been suffering from hand shivering around 2 years it has been increased now I have tried many medicines the doctors say it is like Parkinson's disease what should I do to stop shaking my hands? The I forget thing very often Is there any way to increase my memory?
65 aged male. Numbness in hands and operation under neck spine. No improvement. After operation suffering from Gas trouble.
I am having bleeding in my nose what I do, sometimes it come from ears, I have migraine sometimes. I am 18 years old.
I have got highly shivering yesterday I don't know what is to be. I think it was fits but I cant analyzing! can you please help?
Is there any cure for migraine. My mom is suffering badly from this. 2 times a week this happens to her.
I am 27 year female I have migraine and frequent lower back pain also. I hv migraine since 2009 but backache since 2011. migraine is more frequent then backache. migraine triggers more due to sunlight or stress.
Hello doctor I have frequent headaches. I think I am suffering from migraine. What should I do to reduce the headaches?
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.