Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Body Ache
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam Patel VasaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the foot pain is something else. I am so thankful that Dr Poonam Patel Vasani has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The overall atmosphere in the SAHYADRI HOSPITAL is very soothing. Overall foot pain treatment was very effective. SAHYADRI HOSPITAL has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. Poonam Patel Vasani has expert knowledge in the field.
Krishna Prasad S
Dr. Poonam understands urgency of the patient's situation and reacts fast. My mother has a sever knee pain and my surgeon in Bangalore suggested immediate knee replacement surgery. How ever Dr. Poonam was kind enough to exmpalin the other alternative methods of treating the knee pain. Now i am feeling a bit of relieve and trying to contact pain management doctor. Dr. Poonam's advise was quite helful. I think I should refer her to my friends & relatives. Thanks :)
Overnite my neck pain aggravated. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that my Poonam Patel Vasani is the reason. The overall cleanliness in the SAHYADrI HOSPITAL was amazing. One of my colleague referred Poonam Patel Vasani. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I was suffering from neck pain for such a long time. The best thing about Poonam Patel Vasani is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines.
I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my shoulder pain. I am so happy that I chose Dr Poonam for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. I was amazed that other doctors before her were not able to even diagnose my problem, but she did it immediately and started the shoulder pain treatment for it.
I am so thankful that Dr Vasani has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing leg pain treatment was very relaxing. I read about her on one of the social media platform. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner
As someone I knew, consulted the Poonam Patel Vasani and they referred us. the overall cleanliness in the SAHYADRI HOSPITAL was amazing. she definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. It was amazing, the SAHYADRI HOSPITALl was so nicely made. she ensures that she listens to her patients.
Dr Poonam Patel Vasani is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I visited him for my treatment. The Sahyadri Hospital was equipped with various facilities. Overall treatment was very effective. It was worth visiting him as he providing quick and effective treatment.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The waiting area in the sahyaDri hospital is very comfortable for elderly patients. Over the period of time the knee pain treatment has helped me a lot. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I consulted Dr Poonam Patel few montsh ago. I am really grateful as her headaches treatment has give me a ray of hope. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the headaches is something else. Still the doctor was able to resolve the problem with ease.
Sarthak Son Of Sailendra
I was having a lot of discomfort due to pain in Right Elbow and Shoulder. Thanks to the advise by Dr Poonam Patel, I am almost relieved from the day one I started the treatment as the Doctor advised. I thank her for her regular tips and quick responses to my quires.
My grand mother is very frightened of doctors. But when she met dr Poonam Patel Vasani she came out of her fear and with all her happiness and willingness got the treatment of back pain done with her at her clinic SAHYADRI HOSPITAL in Pune. she is totally finw now.
Dr. Poonam Patel provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, sensible and professional. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Poonam Patel to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Poonam Patel to be very helpful. Thank you so much...
Darshan P D
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Poonam Patel to be very helpful. Very useful
Excellent consultancy by Dr. Poonam Mam very polite humble to discuss Thanks Lot
Dr. Poonam Patel Vasani provides answers that are very helpful. Thank You Mam
Breaking a bone no matter how small is painful. This pain is caused both by the actual break in the bone and the damage to surrounding muscles, ligaments, nerves and other soft tissue. There are three stages of pain caused by a fracture:
- Acute Pain: Pain that occurs immediately after a bone is fractured
- Sub-Acute Pain: Pain experienced while the one and soft tissues heal
- Chronic Pain: Pain experienced after the fracture has healed
Any kind of fracture can cause these types of pain. However, it is not essential for everyone who has had a fracture to experience all the three kinds of pain. Many people experience pain only when the fracture occurs but in few cases, a person may break a bone and not realize it. Each type of pain needs to be dealt with in a different way.
- Acute Pain: Acute pain reduces as the fracture heals. For this, the fractured bone must be reset in place and held together with a splint, brace or cast so as to immobilize it. In some cases, surgery may also be needed. Over the counter pain medication is often prescribed to help deal with this type of pain. The patient is also advised to rest the broken bone and avoid certain types of movement that could worsen the break. A broken bone takes a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks to heal. However, in cases of other conditions such as osteoporosis, this time period could be much longer.
- Sub-Acute Pain: As the injury heals, the sub-acute pain experienced reduces. Immobilizing a broken bone to help it heal causes the muscles and soft tissues around it to stiffen and weaken thus triggering this type of pain. Physical therapy can be very helpful in dealing with this type of pain. Along with strengthening the muscles and reducing stiffness, physical therapy also helps reduce inflammation and scar tissue. Physical therapy can be provided in many ways including exercises, electrical stimulation, ultrasounds, massage etc. It is important to remember that at this stage of treatment, the more the affected limb is used, the faster it will heal. However, it is advisable to avoid putting too much pressure on the bone.
- Chronic Pain: Some people may experience pain for several months and even years after a fracture has healed. This is usually caused by nerve damage or the development of scar tissue. Underlying conditions such as arthritis could also trigger this type of pain. Management of chronic pain varies from individual to individual. Treatment usually takes the form of medication, exercises and physical therapy. It is important not to avoid this type of pain and consult a doctor to ensure that it is not being caused by any other condition.
When a child falls down and starts crying, the first thing a mother does is to pick up her child and console him/her and rub where you are hurt. Even when we grow older, our natural instinct when we bang into something is to rub the affected part. Even with modern medicines, the healing power of touch has made massages a popular type of alternative medication for aches and pains.
A massage helps relieve pain in a number of ways.
- First, it relaxes the body and mind and keeps the mind from thinking about the pain.
- Second, a massage warms the body and increases blood flow. This is very beneficial in cases of pain caused by sore muscles and stiff joints.
- Third, studies have also suggested that a massage can promote the release of opioids or natural painkillers in the brain. This hormone relaxes the body and encourages feelings of contentment.
A massage also reduces cellular stress and boosts mitochondrial biogenesis. This helps speed up the healing process of cellular injuries and gives energy to the cells. Many pregnant women also find a massage very helpful in dealing with labour pains. Other benefits of a massage include reducing anxiety, exercising muscles, enhancing immunity and easing a person’s dependence on medications.
There are many types of massages, but there is no clear evidence that makes one type of massage more beneficial than the others. While some people prefer a Swedish massage that involves kneading the skin, others prefer a deep massage or pressure point massages. Some of the common types of body pain that can benefit from a massage include headaches, lower back pain, arthritic knee pain, neck pain and fibromyalgia. A massage is also said to be helpful in reducing pain triggered by cancer and cancer treatment.
As compared to painkillers, a massage is typically considered safe as long as you are being massaged by a trained professional. In the wrong hands, a massage can, in fact, worsen pain. For slight, occasional pains, a massage is great, but when it comes to more chronic pains, it is best to consult a doctor before getting a massage. This is because the pain may be a symptom of a larger problem. Other instances when you should not get a massage include in cases of a fracture, deep vein thrombosis, burns or open wounds, severe osteoporosis or thrombocytopenia or if you suffer from a bleeding disorder.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have allergy from sun. As I go out in the sun, soon I get the sun stroke I headache starts. And this headache remains for almost 3 days. What to do?
She have a Problem with Headache. The main problem is when she get headache, She is Feeling to Vomit and after some time of Headache she Vomits a lot and when She wake up in the Morning, She Finds a Swelling Eyes. Its repeated 2-3 times in a Month. Previously She had a problem with Sweating so Doc prescribe her a medicine which name is Tryptomer 25. Now the problem is in the worst condition that's why She Consulted a Neurologist, He Said that just Consult a gastroenterologist, She Also consulted but the Doc is not good he Said Just Do ultrasound, In ultrasound he find nothing and after then he Suddenly said that you intestine to worsen that's why you have to do endoscopy .But she has a fear of endoscopy. So she told to the Doc to prescribe some medicine for her but Doc get angry and wrote Some medicine with the words nothing will cure. Its a shameless version Now She got Depress with the words and problem is now as it is. Please Suggest the best for her. Thanking You.
Migraine headache is characterized by a severe headache usually affecting one side of the head. There are other symptoms along with headache like nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound. Some patients experience neurological phenomena like changes in vision, temporary loss of sensation and altered sensation, a phenomenon known as an aura (flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots, tingling in the arms and the legs). Migraine headache can last for 2 to 3 days.
Symptoms: The symptoms depend on the stage of a migraine attack. The stages of a migraine attack can be:
- Prodrome, Aura, Headache or attack, and Postdrome.
- Prodorme: One to two days prior to the migraine attack, patient may experience;
- Mood swings.
- Cravings for food.
- Increased yawning.
- Stiff neck.
- Constipation and frequent thirst and urination.
In case of an aura (during or before a migraine), there may be visual, motor, speech, and sensory illusions and disturbances such as,
- Loss of vision.
- A strange sensation of needles pricking an arm or a leg.
- One side of the body becomes weak and numb.
- There are visual illusions such as the appearance of flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots.
- There is a problem in hearing and speaking.
- In some cases, there may be a hemiplegic migraine (the limb becomes weak).
During a Migraine Attack (lasts for 4 to 72 hours), there may be
- A throbbing pain on either one or both sides of the head
- Blurred vision, light-headedness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Sensitivity to touch and smell (though rare)
In Postdrome (after a migraine), there can be
- Mood swings.
- A person may be sensitive to light and sound.
- Dizziness and weakness
- Extreme fatigue
An amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may be responsible for a migraine. Trigger varies for each patient:
- Stress and extreme physical exertion
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks and beverages
- Salty and processed foods
- Altered sleeping habits
- Hormonal alterations in women (Constant fluctuation in the level of oestrogen)
- Oral contraceptives and certain vasodilators (nitroglycerin)
- Preservatives like MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Aspartame (sweetener)
- Sunshine, certain odours, travel, etc can trigger migraine.
Treatment and Prevention:
- Medicines under supervision to abort an attack of migraine and special drugs to stop attacks.
- Lifestyle changes are helpful to decrease attacks:
- Other treatment options that can be availed from pain specialist:
- Transcutaneous supraorbital nerve stimulation
- Intramuscular stimulation.
- Botulinum toxin injection.
- Occipital nerve block.
Well, I oftenly suffer from Headache. Can someone suggest for any medicine with minimum side effects to get rid of the headache instantly. I have a tried few such like flexon. But want to know is there any other medicine better than flexon.
I have having pain in my left eye and then this pain reached left side of my brain suddenly it becomes full headache. Please suggest me what is going on help me out.
Sir me 28 years ka hu mu je puri body me thado pain hota alaga alag jagah par alag alag time pain hota hehatah me chesat me gal par pair me hatah ki ungli me par ke panjo me sir me etc sir ye kya ho sakta he.
I am having headache for the past 5 days Because of the headache I get little nausea feeling I do not know whats the reason for this headache Do I have got power so have to check with the eye doctor?
Many people across the globe are suffering from pain related sleep disruptions. Statistics show that almost 30% of the world population suffers from pain that leads to sleep deprivation. In medical terminology, this situation is often referred as the ‘vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ wherein pain adversely affects one’s ability to sleep. Furthermore, the lack of sleep worsens the pain condition for the patient. Back pain is the most common cause for sleep disturbance related to pain.
- Insomnia: One of the most common sleep-related disruption is that of insomnia, where patient complaints of their inability to fall asleep irrespective of their exhaustion.
- Hypersomnia: In this condition, patients find it difficult to keep themselves awake throughout the day, or they tend to fall asleep anytime of the day.
- Sleep Apnoea: In this condition, the patient has intermittent phase of breath hold during sleep. The risk factors associated with sleep apnoea include obesity and age. The condition can become chronic with problems like loud snoring and feeling of tiredness all the time despite a good night’s sleep.
- Restless Leg Syndrome: if a person is shaking his/her leg consistently while sleeping it means they are suffering from restless leg syndrome. If the condition worsens patient may have uncontrollable leg movements even during daytime.
- Apart from sleep disorders, patients suffering from chronic pain undergo depression sometimes with attempts at suicide.
Treatment of pain should be done under care of pain specialist as options can be availed for treatment like nerve blocks, spinal cord stimulation. Reduction in pain can drastically improve sleep and mood. Simple intake of sleeping pills is not the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
I'm 58 year old woman. There are too much pain in my bones. Got checked thyroid and it's in normal condition. Don't know what to do?
Modern women want to have it all, in personal and professional life. They want to experience the joy of motherhood but not the pain associated with normal delivery. For such women, epidural analgesia during labour is a blessing. Epidural analgesia/anaesthesia is given to pregnant women during childbirth. Epidural painkillers stop the pain signals transmitted nerves from uterus. This stops the pain sensation of labour. For epidural analgesia, a catheter (small tube) is inserted into the epidural space in the spinal cord. It is through this tube that the drugs (painkillers) reach the desired nerves.
Types of Epidurals:
Epidurals can be
- Injection with top-ups: Once given, epidurals help to relieve the pain that arises due to contractions. When the epidural starts to wear off, top-ups or refills are used. The refills can last for 1-2 hours.
- Combined Spinal Epidural: Compared to the regular epidurals, the combined spinal epidurals are powerful, quick, and more effective. Here too, epidural painkillers are made to pass through the catheter, once the first injection wears off. It is also known as Walking Epidural.
- Continuous infusion (patient-controlled epidural analgesia): Here, the other end of the epidural catheter is attached to a pump. This pump continuously infuses the painkillers into your back. For an effective response, top-ups may be used. Many hospitals allow patients to control the pump.
Merits and demerits of having an epidural--
- Epidurals make the delivery smooth and hassle free.
- Epidurals are relatively safe as only a small fraction of the medicine reaches the baby.
- Women stay fully awake and experience no pain during the cervix dilation. This enables them to push the baby out with more energy.
- Depending on the requirement, the dosage of epidurals can be adjusted.
- Epidurals help to lower the cases of C-section delivery.
Though epidurals make childbirth easy, one cannot overlook its demerits.
- Infections can sometimes occur.
- Sometimes epidural analgesia can have a patchy effect, causing some pain to persist.
- Though rare, epidural can result in nerve damage.
- Epidurals bring about a fall in blood pressure. At times, this can be risky for the baby.
- Nausea, headache, itchiness, backache, soreness are the common side effects of epidurals.
- Epidurals relax a woman, thereby reducing their urge to push the baby out.
Thus, they may take longer than usual to push the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
In continuation to my earlier problem of abscess in rectal area, I consulted one general surgeon and e told I will need an incision. He gave an antibiotic alternatively as I said I was not prepared for the procedure but he said incision is needed for complete drain. He said they will do a complete anesthesia where I will go to sleep for 10 mins or so and the job will be done. I may sound foolish but I want to know is the anesthesia effective or I will feel the pain of incision. I am little concerned as j have never been through such a thing.
I am suffering from palpitations, extreme sadness, body ache and isolation for the past 2 months. I got almost all my tests done from ECG, ECO,mammography, ultrasound blood tests. The result was hormonal imbalance and perimenopause. These days I am having headaches first few 2 -3 minutes either side of my head, sometimes numbness in the head for a minute. I am given menopace, calcium tablets and vitamin d3. I have been to several renowned doctors from forte, Max and I feel my problem has not been detected .I have no thyroid or sugar. Please help.
While injuries of any form can be painful, burn injuries are one of the worst to suffer from. While cuts and bruises can be temporarily assuaged with a proper dressing, burns are quite different in this regard. With burns, the damaged tissues will stay on the body and may cause continuous pain. Thus, burn injuries are difficult to treat and they require different strategies for pain management as well.
Treatment methods available for treating pain arising due to burn injuries
- Apply an anesthetic cream or aloevera gel to soothe the burnt skin. Avoid exposing the skin to air as that will cause painful sensations.
- Loose gauze or antibiotic ointment must be used to protect the influenced area.
- Soak the burnt area wound in cold water for about five minutes or more.
- If the burn escalates or affects a widespread area, seek medical attention immediately.
Pain management factors for burn injuries:
- Relaxation: During the phase of recovery, burn injuries put immense stress on your body and continue for a long period. Muscle tension is caused by stress that increases pain. Some relaxation techniques are proven to be beneficial to reduce the stress on body.
- Coping with your pain: Different people have different ways to cope with physical discomfort. Look out for situational aspects which are currently under your control and take it positively. The ‘what ifs’ or wishing that the burn didn’t occur in the first place will not help with your current situation. You should focus on things what you can control like self-rehabilitation, doing your daily exercises, physical therapy treatment or following a doctor’s suggestion of pain management strategies. This will help you cope with your pain to a greater extent.
- Sleep medications: If your normal sleep routine is hampered, consult your physician for safe sleep medications. Proper sleep is very important for the healing process and even more so in the case of burn related injuries.
- Antidepressants: Some people may not be suffering from depression, but they might still need antidepressants for relief and sound sleep. A health care provider might prescribe antidepressants as a way to deal with acute pain from burn injuries.
- Increase the pace of your activities: If you want to rebuild your health and stamina and get back in form soon, focus on the regular physical and mental activities. Exercise regularly, but don’t push yourself too much. Increase your physical activities gradually over time. Unless and until you are fully comfortable, don’t strain yourself too much. Occupational and physical therapists can help you with an appropriate activity program. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
Heels are weight bearing part of feet during standing, walking or running. Improper postures or foot wear can cause degeneration of heel and subsequent pain.
Causes for heel pain:
1. Sprains: Improper exercise and improper footwear like high heels can put unnecessary stress on heels and cause pain. Avoid such conditions by using excellent quality heels and avoiding them as much as possible. Exercise should be done under expert guidance.
2. Fractures: Stress or hairline fractures can occur even without trauma and cause pain. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
3. Plantar fasciitis: A common cause for heel pain, the Plantar fascia at heel can cause severe early morning heel pain. It can be managed with exercises, PRP Injections.
4. Arthritis: Gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis can affect ankle joint and cause heel pain. This can be managed with medications and exercises. In severe cases injections may be needed for treatment.
1. Change in shoes: Shoes play a key role in the development of heel pain. Avoid wearing heels for prolonged period and specially when walking long distances.
2. Foot supports: There are specialized heel supports and wedges, which you can wear with the footwear. These supports help redistribute weight from the problem areas and uniformly distribute it among the other parts of the foot. Heel cups are also another form of supports you could try.
3. Pain relief medications: Over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can help in reducing acute episodes of pain. Self - medication for prolonged periods should be avoided.
4. Ice packs: Application of ice packs decrease pain and stiffness of heel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.