Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Body Ache
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam Patel VasaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the foot pain is something else. I am so thankful that Dr Poonam Patel Vasani has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The overall atmosphere in the SAHYADRI HOSPITAL is very soothing. Overall foot pain treatment was very effective. SAHYADRI HOSPITAL has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. Poonam Patel Vasani has expert knowledge in the field.
Krishna Prasad S
Dr. Poonam understands urgency of the patient's situation and reacts fast. My mother has a sever knee pain and my surgeon in Bangalore suggested immediate knee replacement surgery. How ever Dr. Poonam was kind enough to exmpalin the other alternative methods of treating the knee pain. Now i am feeling a bit of relieve and trying to contact pain management doctor. Dr. Poonam's advise was quite helful. I think I should refer her to my friends & relatives. Thanks :)
As someone I knew, consulted the Poonam Patel Vasani and they referred us. the overall cleanliness in the SAHYADRI HOSPITAL was amazing. she definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. It was amazing, the SAHYADRI HOSPITALl was so nicely made. she ensures that she listens to her patients.
Dr Poonam Patel Vasani is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I visited him for my treatment. The Sahyadri Hospital was equipped with various facilities. Overall treatment was very effective. It was worth visiting him as he providing quick and effective treatment.
I consulted Dr Poonam Patel few montsh ago. I am really grateful as her headaches treatment has give me a ray of hope. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the headaches is something else. Still the doctor was able to resolve the problem with ease.
Sarthak Son Of Sailendra
I was having a lot of discomfort due to pain in Right Elbow and Shoulder. Thanks to the advise by Dr Poonam Patel, I am almost relieved from the day one I started the treatment as the Doctor advised. I thank her for her regular tips and quick responses to my quires.
My grand mother is very frightened of doctors. But when she met dr Poonam Patel Vasani she came out of her fear and with all her happiness and willingness got the treatment of back pain done with her at her clinic SAHYADRI HOSPITAL in Pune. she is totally finw now.
Dr. Poonam Patel provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, sensible and professional. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Poonam Patel to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Poonam Patel to be very helpful. Thank you so much...
Darshan P D
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Poonam Patel to be very helpful. Very useful
Excellent consultancy by Dr. Poonam Mam very polite humble to discuss Thanks Lot
Well, I oftenly suffer from Headache. Can someone suggest for any medicine with minimum side effects to get rid of the headache instantly. I have a tried few such like flexon. But want to know is there any other medicine better than flexon.
I have having pain in my left eye and then this pain reached left side of my brain suddenly it becomes full headache. Please suggest me what is going on help me out.
Sir me 28 years ka hu mu je puri body me thado pain hota alaga alag jagah par alag alag time pain hota hehatah me chesat me gal par pair me hatah ki ungli me par ke panjo me sir me etc sir ye kya ho sakta he.
I am having headache for the past 5 days Because of the headache I get little nausea feeling I do not know whats the reason for this headache Do I have got power so have to check with the eye doctor?
I'm 58 year old woman. There are too much pain in my bones. Got checked thyroid and it's in normal condition. Don't know what to do?
Modern women want to have it all, in personal and professional life. They want to experience the joy of motherhood but not the pain associated with normal delivery. For such women, epidural analgesia during labour is a blessing. Epidural analgesia/anaesthesia is given to pregnant women during childbirth. Epidural painkillers stop the pain signals transmitted nerves from uterus. This stops the pain sensation of labour. For epidural analgesia, a catheter (small tube) is inserted into the epidural space in the spinal cord. It is through this tube that the drugs (painkillers) reach the desired nerves.
Types of Epidurals:
Epidurals can be
- Injection with top-ups: Once given, epidurals help to relieve the pain that arises due to contractions. When the epidural starts to wear off, top-ups or refills are used. The refills can last for 1-2 hours.
- Combined Spinal Epidural: Compared to the regular epidurals, the combined spinal epidurals are powerful, quick, and more effective. Here too, epidural painkillers are made to pass through the catheter, once the first injection wears off. It is also known as Walking Epidural.
- Continuous infusion (patient-controlled epidural analgesia): Here, the other end of the epidural catheter is attached to a pump. This pump continuously infuses the painkillers into your back. For an effective response, top-ups may be used. Many hospitals allow patients to control the pump.
Merits and demerits of having an epidural--
- Epidurals make the delivery smooth and hassle free.
- Epidurals are relatively safe as only a small fraction of the medicine reaches the baby.
- Women stay fully awake and experience no pain during the cervix dilation. This enables them to push the baby out with more energy.
- Depending on the requirement, the dosage of epidurals can be adjusted.
- Epidurals help to lower the cases of C-section delivery.
Though epidurals make childbirth easy, one cannot overlook its demerits.
- Infections can sometimes occur.
- Sometimes epidural analgesia can have a patchy effect, causing some pain to persist.
- Though rare, epidural can result in nerve damage.
- Epidurals bring about a fall in blood pressure. At times, this can be risky for the baby.
- Nausea, headache, itchiness, backache, soreness are the common side effects of epidurals.
- Epidurals relax a woman, thereby reducing their urge to push the baby out.
Thus, they may take longer than usual to push the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
In continuation to my earlier problem of abscess in rectal area, I consulted one general surgeon and e told I will need an incision. He gave an antibiotic alternatively as I said I was not prepared for the procedure but he said incision is needed for complete drain. He said they will do a complete anesthesia where I will go to sleep for 10 mins or so and the job will be done. I may sound foolish but I want to know is the anesthesia effective or I will feel the pain of incision. I am little concerned as j have never been through such a thing.
I am suffering from palpitations, extreme sadness, body ache and isolation for the past 2 months. I got almost all my tests done from ECG, ECO,mammography, ultrasound blood tests. The result was hormonal imbalance and perimenopause. These days I am having headaches first few 2 -3 minutes either side of my head, sometimes numbness in the head for a minute. I am given menopace, calcium tablets and vitamin d3. I have been to several renowned doctors from forte, Max and I feel my problem has not been detected .I have no thyroid or sugar. Please help.
While injuries of any form can be painful, burn injuries are one of the worst to suffer from. While cuts and bruises can be temporarily assuaged with a proper dressing, burns are quite different in this regard. With burns, the damaged tissues will stay on the body and may cause continuous pain. Thus, burn injuries are difficult to treat and they require different strategies for pain management as well.
Treatment methods available for treating pain arising due to burn injuries
- Apply an anesthetic cream or aloevera gel to soothe the burnt skin. Avoid exposing the skin to air as that will cause painful sensations.
- Loose gauze or antibiotic ointment must be used to protect the influenced area.
- Soak the burnt area wound in cold water for about five minutes or more.
- If the burn escalates or affects a widespread area, seek medical attention immediately.
Pain management factors for burn injuries:
- Relaxation: During the phase of recovery, burn injuries put immense stress on your body and continue for a long period. Muscle tension is caused by stress that increases pain. Some relaxation techniques are proven to be beneficial to reduce the stress on body.
- Coping with your pain: Different people have different ways to cope with physical discomfort. Look out for situational aspects which are currently under your control and take it positively. The ‘what ifs’ or wishing that the burn didn’t occur in the first place will not help with your current situation. You should focus on things what you can control like self-rehabilitation, doing your daily exercises, physical therapy treatment or following a doctor’s suggestion of pain management strategies. This will help you cope with your pain to a greater extent.
- Sleep medications: If your normal sleep routine is hampered, consult your physician for safe sleep medications. Proper sleep is very important for the healing process and even more so in the case of burn related injuries.
- Antidepressants: Some people may not be suffering from depression, but they might still need antidepressants for relief and sound sleep. A health care provider might prescribe antidepressants as a way to deal with acute pain from burn injuries.
- Increase the pace of your activities: If you want to rebuild your health and stamina and get back in form soon, focus on the regular physical and mental activities. Exercise regularly, but don’t push yourself too much. Increase your physical activities gradually over time. Unless and until you are fully comfortable, don’t strain yourself too much. Occupational and physical therapists can help you with an appropriate activity program. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
Heels are weight bearing part of feet during standing, walking or running. Improper postures or foot wear can cause degeneration of heel and subsequent pain.
Causes for heel pain:
1. Sprains: Improper exercise and improper footwear like high heels can put unnecessary stress on heels and cause pain. Avoid such conditions by using excellent quality heels and avoiding them as much as possible. Exercise should be done under expert guidance.
2. Fractures: Stress or hairline fractures can occur even without trauma and cause pain. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
3. Plantar fasciitis: A common cause for heel pain, the Plantar fascia at heel can cause severe early morning heel pain. It can be managed with exercises, PRP Injections.
4. Arthritis: Gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis can affect ankle joint and cause heel pain. This can be managed with medications and exercises. In severe cases injections may be needed for treatment.
1. Change in shoes: Shoes play a key role in the development of heel pain. Avoid wearing heels for prolonged period and specially when walking long distances.
2. Foot supports: There are specialized heel supports and wedges, which you can wear with the footwear. These supports help redistribute weight from the problem areas and uniformly distribute it among the other parts of the foot. Heel cups are also another form of supports you could try.
3. Pain relief medications: Over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can help in reducing acute episodes of pain. Self - medication for prolonged periods should be avoided.
4. Ice packs: Application of ice packs decrease pain and stiffness of heel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am suffering from neck pain as I can't move around my neck and it's painful. Also I have LBP & radiation in both leg & it's always tingling.in night I sleep by bending my both leg & due to muscular pain some time unable to sleep. Pls suggest mediation.
I feel headache in the morning when I start to work in my office in front of computer. Because of this I am unable to work effectively. After some hours it decreases automatically. Is it normal or do I need a medicine.
There is hardly any individual across the world, who has not experienced abdominal pain. In most instances, these aches are not very serious and can be diagnosed and treated by addressing the underlying condition. It is very crucial to recognize the symptoms which are severe and know when an individual should seek medical assistance.
Most common causes of abdominal pain:
Some of the most common causes of abdominal pain include indigestion, infection, menstrual cramps. It may also be due to food poisoning and allergies, irritable bowel syndrome, gas formation and bloating, lactose intolerance, pelvic inflammatory disease or ulcers and hernia, gallstones and kidney stones, urinary tract infection, Crohn’s Disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Some patients have abdominal pain but the source of pain lies in the spine. These patients are often seen by multiple doctors and have undergone many tests but their diagnosis is never established. These patients should visit a pain specialist to reach a diagnosis and treatment plan. They have conditions like neuropathies or facet joint arthritis which cause abdominal pain due to a condition known as referred pain.
Symptoms of abdominal pain that are cause for concern:
- Abdominal pain along with any sign of dehydration or fever or is unable to pass stools.
- Abdominal pain associated with tenderness in the abdomen, painful and frequent urinations or persistent loose motions or bloody/ tarry stools.
- Severe or recurrent abdominal pain.
Determining the cause of abdominal pain and treating it.
- Detailed medical history and thorough physical examination would be performed. Further tests like USG, Endoscopy etc may be needed to reach a diagnosis.
- The treatment of abdominal pain is entirely dependent on the cause of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.