Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pooja Gaikwad
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja GaikwadYour feedback matters!
Sir, Meri mummy ko joint me pain rehta h or swollen bhi ho jata h joint me or is wajah se weakness bhi aa gya h Bahut jagah treatment chala lekin koi sudhar nhi aaya hum ghar me kya ker skte h ya kya khane ko de Jis se meri mummy ko thoda sa bhu aaram ho. Please sir help me.
I suddenly had a back ache when I woke up today I tried ointments but it not working. What should I do?
I am suffering with back pain while Driving bike for 1 hr is there any solution for that please suggest me.
Severe pain in right shoulder, radiating to right arm. C4-c5 disc degeneration on MRI. Possible treatments?
I am 57 years old man, weight 70 kg, height 5'6, having aching at my left heel, particularly in the morning while getting up from bed. Please suggest remedy. I am not diabetic and my bp is 117/77.
Lumbago or Lower back pain is a condition that is characterized by mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region. Lower back pain is more prevalent among the youth whose work includes physical exertion or sitting for long hours and is also common in individuals belonging to the 'retirement age' because of their sedentary lifestyles. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic if it has been endured over a span of three months.
The most common causes of lower back pain are:
- Overuse of the muscles and includes strains or sprains of soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments and vertebral compression fractures.
- Pressure on the roots of nerves due to conditions such as spinal canal stenosis (narrowing down of the spaces within the spine) or herniated disc (a condition of the rubbery disc present between the spine bones (vertebrae)).
- Osteoarthritis is a condition wherein the shock absorbers, found in the joints, progressively break down.
When it affects the spine, the condition causes back pain by stiffening the spinal joints. Symptoms of Lumbago (Low back pain) include:
- Stiff back
- Numbness in the legs
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, which is the pain running down the lower back to hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression by an intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
How to diagnose lower back pain or a slip disc?
Treatment options available -
Exercises along with correction of bad posture for relieving back pain are a common component of any treatment plan. Factors such as type and severity of the pain as well as the patient?s history can help in determining the type of treatment that can be administered. In most cases, the recovery time is usually six weeks without surgery. Typical treatment of back pain includes use of muscle relaxants, painkillers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and inactivity would help the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest lead to weakening of muscles and hence might prolong the existing back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapies are used according to the patient's preference to reduce inflammation.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. Examples would include acetaminophen, celecoxib and diclofenac. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!