Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ParshikarYour feedback matters!
Whenever I have some kind of anxiety or fear, I can't sleep properly in night, whenever I try to Sleep, my heart wakes me up, it starts to beat faster?
I HAVE B.P. AND SUGAR. I AM GETTING NOSE BLEED OFTEN. I TAKE B.P. MEDICINES AND CLOPITORVA. PL ADVISE.
I want to know various side effects of Prolomet AM 50 tablet I am taking for BP since last six years, and how to avoid those effects. Thanks and Regards.
I am feeling very depressed due to some family problem. My blood pressure also shows below normal i. E. 95/67. Please advice.
I have cholesterol how can I reduce without use of English medicines. If I use medicine it decreases cholesterol levels but it reaches high levels again after stops use medicine. So I request you to tell me permanent solution.
I had sharp pain in chest and upper part of back while breathing today. Even the same thing happened couple of times in last 2-3 months. Also pain in brest bone and rib cage is becoming frequent. Had feeling of vibration in left side of body while sitting or lying down since last month.
I am 20 years old female . I have some problems in my chest .I mean that my nipples are inside but there is no pain . What disease may I have .
Chicken eggs are high in cholesterol, but the effect of egg consumption on blood cholesterol is minimal when compared with the effect of trans fats and saturated fats.
The risk of heart disease may be more closely tied to the foods that accompany the eggs in a traditional American breakfast ? such as the sodium in the bacon, sausages and ham, and the saturated fat or oils with trans fats used to fry the eggs and the hash browns.
Most healthy people can eat up to seven eggs a week with no increase in their risk of heart disease. Some studies have shown that this level of egg consumption may actually prevent some types of strokes.
But the story is different for people who have diabetes. In this ever-growing population, eating seven eggs a week significantly increases the risk of heart disease.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, one large egg has about 186 mg milligrams (mg) of cholesterol ? all of which is found in the yolk.
When deciding whether to include eggs in your diet, consider the recommended daily limits on cholesterol in your food:
If you are healthy, consume no more than 300 mg of cholesterol a day.
If you have diabetes, high cholesterol or heart disease, limit the daily cholesterol intake to no more than 200 mg a day.
If you like eggs but don't want the extra cholesterol, use only the egg whites. Egg whites contain no cholesterol. You may also use cholesterol-free egg substitutes, which are made with egg whites.
My mother suffering hypertension last 5 years she take etopress at 50 you can suggest what should be done?
My triglyceride is around 450. And also I have uric acid around 8. Twice I have gout attack. My age is 36 years. FBS is 100 and PP is 115. Total cholesterol is within 200. Please advise.
Hi. I am lalatendu Pradhan 23 M. 1. While doing exercise I have pain at left side chest. I don't know if it is muscle pain or heart pain or it is due to doing exercise in wrong procedure. 2. How to know if I have any blockage or thicker vein which can lead to blockage in future. I have high cholesterol (223). 3. How to check VO2 max.
I am 63 years old male. I am diabetic and bp patient. Today I got sever pain in left kidney. It has been scanned. 20-25 mm stone in the lft kidney. Please give your advice for the further treatment without operation.
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace
I am 18 years old I was having increase in heartbeats after having fever so I went to heart specialist he told it is weakness bt said if you r not satisfied then carry an echo cardiograph test which was normal. This all happened in August. N now in October I have very light pain in left area of chest when I fall on bed for sleeping does it could be related to heart attack n I was unable to take deep breath doctor said it is becoz of hypothyroid. N I am also Having hypothyroid n taking thyronorm 25 mg. Where exactly is the pain?
I am suffering from Chest Pain in Top middle portion and it increases when pressing little bit and when on stretching and straight getup from bed. I am suffering from this problem from last 1 year and I had consulted in several hospitals (Civil Hospital - Faridabad, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Delhi) and they gave pain killers and some calcium granules/tablets. The reports shows - Normal in X-Ray, ECG and Endoscopy of Stomach. So please suggest the best hospital and department where should I consult and if you understand then please prescribe treatment.
Hi I am suffering from upper back pain including outer of the chest left hand side. What will be the problem and with whom I need to consult. Please suggest.
I am 52 years old man. I have diabetes and high blood pressure. Having pain in left side half head. Is this due to diabetes or high blood pressure.
My heart rate is high around 85 to 100 bps and blood pressure is around 130/90 (variate to upward) after the car accident last year (Jan 2016). Subsequent to that I go for the check up to Cardio Doctor. He suggest me for the proper diet, quit smoking/alcohol and not to worry as everything is normal with your heart. However since then I used to feel this high palpitation which lead me to anxiety. Suggest me Doctor what to do? As I even started cardiac and gym. I am 32 years old and my earlier profession was the Branch manager of the bank. From Bangalore.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.