Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj ChivteYour feedback matters!
I am 27 old male. Last 2 years back I got teeth sensitivity so I makes root canal Afterthat, my problems solved, Again from Few days (5-6days) I am feeling too sensitivity while I am taking Fish, goat or beef meat and cold waters Please help me... What type of food items I should avoid and consume? Please suggest me.
My teeth needs a root canal but I don't want any pain where can I get a dentist with numbness spray. I live at vasai, thane.
- On day 4 after extraction as the pain was too much and constant doctor again probed the wound for blood to come out and clots to form (In previous 4 days healing was very poor and less blood came out after tooth extraction). Doctor said I have less blood. - On 5th day I visited dentist again as pain was too much last night (I have to go to doctor at night and had an injection for pian), doctor filled wound with temporary cement for a week to relieve pain and heal. Now my concern is will this heal with this method? And is yes then how much time? If no then what is to be done?
Have some infection in his tongue like red bubbles with also causes pain he suffer with this situation twice in a week. What should I do?
Can I use backing soda and lemon to remove my teeth tartar nd plaque, is thr any side effect please help me Dr.
I had wisdom toothache and swelling 1 week back. When consulted dentist she told me to go for wisdom tooth extraction as according to her it is decayed. I am afraid to go for the same as I have heard that it will affect health of my vision. Is wisdom tooth extraction safe to go for. Also with proper course of antibiotics and pain killers the pain and swelling has subsided. Kindly suggest what is best to go for.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.