Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. OswalYour feedback matters!
Hello. Can I give Pediasure nutrition powder to my daughter. She is one year 2 months old. Please suggest.
Hello doctor, my son s nine month old. suffering from. Severe running nose n dry cough for past one month. Dr. saying his chest s clear n no wheezing. Initially we have raccezzine n levolin syrup n then we gave alcon n levolin syrup. Now we are giving allegra n levolin syrup. I'm realy worries. It's intake s reduced due to. Cold.please me out.
Sir, my son is 5 years old. He urinates in bed every night. We are giving him Depsonil 25 mg before sleep since two months. He is still unable to wake up timely. Sometimes he does it twice a night. Kindly provide some help.
I am blessed with a girl baby on 26.10.2016. While going to pediatrician on 2.11.2016 for general check up. He found that the baby eyes appears yellow. He advised us to take jaundice test. Test result exhibits that the baby has jaundice and the reading is 18 mg/dl. Baby is kept under blue ray light and she has no fever. Please give some suggestions. We are worrying about our baby health condition.
Dr. Her auditory and BERA reports are normal. But unable to listen .normally. Hearing aids are also not prescribed to her. Please tell me what is the problem and the best treatment to cure it.
My baby was born in eight months itself. But he is active and there is no problem with him so far. Will the be any problem in future?
My daughter is 8 year. Uske dil me janm se hi 13 mm ka hole hai. Jiski Myne injyographi 1 year ki thi tabhi karai thi tab se ab tak vo thik hai. Medisan me usko, Furoped syrap Tonoferan syrap De raha Hu kya ye sahi hai.
Dear doctor my daughter is 16 years, in 2014 she got typhoid, and again its repeat after that she is suffring from stomach pain hum ne saare bade hospitals me dikha liya magar koi faida nahi hua A to Z saare test karva liye magar kuch nahi nikla. Lakin stomach pain theak he nahi ho raha, medanta,fortis, colombia asia, jaise hospitals me dekha liya unk hisab se jo test kaha sab kara liye magar kuch nahi mila uski study bi distrub ho rahi hai pls help.
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.