Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nutan Jain
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Nutan JainYour feedback matters!
I have a son who is 19 years old he eats a healthy diet the also his weight is just 43 kilos I am worried abt him.
The thyroid gland situated in the neck (front of the neck) is responsible for the production of the thyroid hormones- T3, T4, and TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). Thyroid problem surfaces when these hormones are either produced in elevated or in reduced amounts. The problem is often triggered by improper functioning of the thyroid gland. Some of the medical complications that this gives rise to include Hyperthyroidism (elevated production of thyroid hormones), Hypothyroidism (reduced production of thyroid hormones), Goitre (enlargement of the thyroid gland).
Thyroid Hair Loss
The hair loss is one of the many associated symptoms of Thyroid disorder. Thyroid problems often trigger a hormonal imbalance, not only of the thyroid hormones but the steroid hormones as well. This imbalance contributes significantly towards a lot of hair problems including, thinning of the scalp, hair fall (can be quite severe at times). In extreme cases, this may even lead to baldness. Both Hyperthyroidism, as well as Hypothyroidism, may lead to the hair loss and other related hair problems.
Natural Remedies For Thyroid-related Hair Loss
While medications may go along way to keep the thyroid problems under control, there are natural remedies available to deal with thyroid-related hair loss.
- Coconut oil comes with a bag full of health benefits. A rich source of saturated fats, daily consumption of coconut oil (1 tablespoon) can bring about a significant improvement in people with hypothyroidism. You can also go for a hot coconut oil massage of the scalp. Keep it for about 30 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo. This hot oil massage will improve the circulation and stimulate the hair growth. You can also add curry leaves and fenugreek seeds to coconut oil, warm and strain the mixture and then use it for hair massage.
- The evening primrose oil is another oil that can work wonders to ensure a healthy hair growth. Laden with GLA or gamma-linolenic acid (omega-6 fatty acid), this oil is known to restore the hormonal balance (a factor responsible for hair loss). You can consume the oil in the capsule form as well as use it for a hair and scalp massage.
- Taking biotin supplements can be of great help but only when a doctor recommended.
- The role of Vitamins (especially Vitamin C and E) in ensuring a healthy hair growth is known to all. Enrich your diet with foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E (citrus fruits, avocados, almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, palm oil) to deal with thyroid hair loss with elan.
- Sea Kelp can also help to restore the normal functioning of the thyroid gland thereby reversing the hair fall. You can have it either as dried flakes or in supplement form.
- Ayurveda and the natural herbs can work miracles to deal with the thyroid disorder and the related hair problems. The herbs commonly used include Amla, Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Bhringaraaja, Neem, to name a few.
- Meditation and Yoga can play a significant role in arresting the hair problems.
How do I know my hormonal changes or body growth has been correct or not since 6 years my height weight and body structure have been the same I'm 23 now.
I was initially light toned. Bit due to tanning I am darker now. Is there any surgery that can help remove the tan and make me fair as I was before?
I am irritating when I look my hair because I am loosing my hair quickly but I want to grow on my hair. So for growing my hair what will I have to do and what should I do?
There are various known reasons why cancer takes root in a healthy body. The deadly disease takes away millions of lives worldwide and remedies in food to tackle it are constantly a subject of research. However taking this one food item off your daily diet can help becoming less prone to cancer.
Senior cancer experts stress that sugar feeds cancer. According to his belief, backed by years of research and medical expertise, it is possible to starve cancer out of a person’s body. When sugar breaks down in the body in a non-oxidative manner, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is generated which causes cancer cells and tumor to grow.
Research states that cancer is a dysfunction of the mitochondria caused by fermentation of sugar in the cells instead of orthodox respiration of normal cells. This can be tackled by limiting the supply, just by cutting down the intake of sugar every day. A small amount of sugar in a healthy and requisite proportion is acceptable but excessive sugar must be avoided in order to choke cancer out from the body.
Specifically, the intake of sugar in processed foods must be cut down. Everything that is sweet isn't sugar! Avoiding processed foods will simply eliminate the bad salts and bad sugars from your diet. Eating at fast food joints too must be cut down completely as the food they serve is frozen and needs a lot of preservatives. You can always switch to fruits if you have a sweet tooth. Diet-wise, consume more green leafy vegetables, developing a plant and natural nutrient based diet is an ideal method to tackle cancer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.