Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nivedita Ghogale
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita GhogaleYour feedback matters!
Hello I had my period on June 30th2016, then on July 15th2016 and now on 22nd August 2016, further we have sex on daily basis. If everything ok? Secondly when should I have sex for pregnancy? Some one guided me to have on 1st September to 10th September alternate days. So pls advise can I have sex after 10th September also? Is daily sex harmful? I always fell my stomach is turning hot why so? I even have hair growth bon face? What should I do? Pls guide for all the above questions.
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, the study says, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist emphasising on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
4. Folic acid for pregnancy
During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
6. Medical investigations
You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
a. Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
b. Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
c. Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
d. Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
e. HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
f. Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Diabetes is a chronic disease, which is linked with a malfunction of the pituitary gland. Once this gland stops functioning properly, the body tends to absorb the glucose that comes from food, in order to create insulin. This creates diabetes of various kinds.
Here are the facts that you should know about diabetes during pregnancy and the side effects of diabetic drugs taken during pregnancy.
- Women may be suffering from Diabetes Mellitus before they conceive, or they may develop gestational diabetes after they have conceived. In either case, the blood sugar levels will be adversely affected and the baby will also be at risk of being born with the same condition. This will also have a bearing on the diabetes medication that may be administered to the expecting mother at such a time.
- Control over blood sugar during one's pregnancy is of utmost importance. This has to be done in a natural way, rather than with the help of medication. This is due to the fact that changes in the blood sugar level where the same goes beyond the normal range can result in birth defects if it is not controlled within the first 13 weeks of pregnancy.
- Choosing the diabetes medication methods during pregnancy is of utmost importance. One can choose to use a syringe or go in for oral medication, depending on how far the pregnancy is, as well as the level of the blood sugar.
- Doctors usually try to prescribe oral anti diabetic medication for women who are suffering from gestational diabetes as well as those who have been suffering from Diabetes Mellitus before the pregnancy.
- More than medication, the doctors suggest that the expecting mother should control her sugar levels with the help of proper diet, plenty of pregnancy-safe exercises as well as lower stress levels, which may trigger a sudden spike in the blood sugar levels, in many cases.
- Low carbohydrate intake is one of the best ways to ensure that the maternal sugar levels are low during pregnancy. This can prevent birth defects like a head that is too large for the body of the baby.
- The timing and the dosage of the medication must be carefully monitored and reported so that the patient is able to take charge of the glycemic control duration and dosage on her own. This will also help ensure that the pregnancy is a perfectly safe one with minimum complications.
- The above evaluation must happen on an at least weekly basis so that the medication is prescribed at the exact dosage as required by the patient’s body. This will ensure that the medicines do not cause any undue side effects on the pregnancy or the baby growing within the womb, at that time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I have sex with my husband 1 month ago. Nd then I did not come in periods. I do not want to pregnant. Help me. What can I do?
2) You should get motion (natural call) immediately after you wake up.
3) You should get optimum evacuation of your bowel - once, in early morning. This is the proper period for motion.