Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin PokharnaYour feedback matters!
How can I improve the digestive system naturally? Because since 10 days am getting a problem of digestion.
My daughter is now in 8th month pregnancy. Her fasting sugar is 85 mg/dl, and 135 mg/dl after 2 hours of eating. Is it dangerous condition.
I am having cough and cold since last week. I am using vicks but still not getting rid of this. What shall I do?
I'm suffering from acidity. No matter what I eat or even stop eating, there is this burning sensation in my throat n intestines. Even fresh juices n bananas make me sick and force me to pop anti-oxidants like Jens.
Hi, I am 27 years old. My penis glans are sensitive to touch. I have discomfort when I touch my penis glans. Kindly advise on how to ease the sensitivity.
My penis size in excited mode is currently 5 inches and I want to increase it by 2 more inches please tell what should I do.
Having knee pain since 2 weeks. Cannot bend knee while walking. Ankle swelling is also there. Tried having cartigen and rumalaya. Having this problem since 15 years but last 2 weeks is really painful. He cannot walk properly. Please suggest something. Thanks in advance.
I have been done cataract surgery and implanted lens 20 days back. Now I have had a headache on my left side. So do I have any problem using tablets for my headache?
M 18 year girl and I can't sleep since last four nights bcz my legs r paining it's feels good when I put pillow on my legs and press it with pillow. I don't knw what's that but I feel good when it is press by anything and when nothing is on my leg I feel bad and can't sleep bcz I don't knw what's going on inside My legs. Please help me what's is that. please help.
Suffering from gas, acidity and insomnia from almost 1 year every morning, sometime it makes big problems, vomiting whatever I ingest. To control this situation I need to take rantac injection and gas control injection. Please help me out I am in big trouble and only 22 years old.
I am 26 years old. I came to know that I have been suffering with NMO spectrum disease. Can I be normal? Treatment continues from last two 3 months.
I am 24 years old, recently I am having pain near by ribs back of my stomach, does this mean stones in kidney?
Constipation in children is a common pediatric health issue mostly arising due to early toilet training and having an inadequate diet. Most cases of this condition do not last for long and can be easily treated.
Constipation in children is mainly caused by the following factors:
- Lack of fiber content in their diet caused due to an aversion to veggies, often result in constipation in children.
- Withholding stool: Your child may be holding his bowel movements in because of stress with toilet training. This maybe because he/she doesn't want to defecate in the school bathroom or in other places. Often if it hurts to poop once, the child might withhold his bowel movements and this leads to a vicious cycle.
- Side effects of certain medications.
- In rare cases, children facing abuse may develop constipation.
You will know your child has constipation if the following occurs:
- Your child spends a lot of time while defecating
- Your child complains of difficulty with bowel movement
- Bloating and stomach pain
- Soiling accidents
A combination of the following approaches helps in treating constipation in children:
- See to it that your child eats all his vegetables and fruits. Include more fibrous vegetables and fruits in the diet. Include food containing probiotics like yoghurt.
- Use a stool softener: While using a stool softener the most common mistake is to apply too much or too little amount of the concoction. Carefully use the right amount of stool softener for relieving your child of constipation.
- Ensure that your child has a lot of fluids in his/her diet. Fluids help to hydrate the body and lubricate the digestive system.
- Look into the fact that you child has regular toilet hours.