Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nithin PowarYour feedback matters!
Some of the worst scars are those resulting from burns. Burn scars are not only cosmetically unappealing, they can also hinder your mobility and cause a loss of sensation. Luckily, burn scars can be revised to a great extent with cosmetic surgery.
The first step in burn reconstruction surgery is the removal of debris and dead tissue. From here, your surgeon may choose to go one of the several ways depending on the nature of the burn and area affected. Some techniques used for burn reconstruction are:
- Skin grafts: In this procedure, healthy skin is removed from one part of the body and transplanted to another. There are two types of skin grafts; split thickness and full thickness. In the former, only a few layers of the skin are transplanted while in the latter, the entire dermis is transplanted. In most cases, the healthy skin is taken from the buttocks or inner thighs. The donor site usually recovers within 3 weeks, though full thickness transplant cases may take a little longer to heal.
- Free flaps: This procedure involves the transplantation of skin, muscle and bone tissue from one part of the body to another along with the original blood supply. It also involves the use of microsurgery. Free flaps take longer to heal than skin grafts.
- Tissue expansion: This procedure encourages the body to grow extra skin to be used for reconstructive surgery. It involves the insertion of an instrument known as a balloon expander under the skin. This balloon is slowly filled with saline solution and stretches making the skin above it stretch and grow. Once enough skin has been grown, it is then harvested and used to reconstruct the damaged part. Though the procedure results in minimal scarring and the colour and texture of the skin used to reconstruction are a near match to the surrounding area it is a slow process that can take up to 4 months.
The results depend on the type and amount of deformity, which are usually satisfactory, but are not appreciated immediately. Tissues normally take time to heal, which may be from weeks to months and in some cases one surgery alone will not be able to cure problems and repeated or multiple operations may be required. One should not expect miracles in terms of surgery, as the improvement will be slow and steady and will depend on factors like how the patient is taking care of its overall health and wellness post surgery.
I have an skin dullness problem as it is not have an charm I am of 24 year of age n I am male. What I use to get out from it an cream, face wash, or any thing else. Plzz help me out.
My body skin is very black. Please suggest me how my body skin turns into white. What nutrition I take daily for white body skin.
I have black spots on my forehead, on right side, I applied a sunscreen cream, but I didn't see any changes, what shld I do now?
I have a problem in my foot.in all season under foot surface dark and hard and skin from surface remove all time.
I am having scars and pores on my face and I am rolling ice cubes on my face I took many medicine. Please give suggestions.
Mere face me ek kala nisan hai jo ki mere birth ke time se hai pehele usme bal nhi the par mere 15sal ki umar k bad usme bal nikalne lage hain jisse mujhe kafi paresani me dal rakha hai mere nisan ka aur nisan ke andar ugne wale balo ka koi ilaz hai to please bataiye.
What should done for injury spot which remains on body after clearing injury And what should we used to remove acne or spots on face.
Hi sir this is raja I am student from andhra doing ca living in chennai I had scar on face which was happened when I am at age of 3 years I am feeling shy wid dat want laser treatment for dat is dis facility available wid u.please kindly help me.
• 2. Allergy is another major reason. Beauty aids, detergents, chemicals, plastic items, eating certain foods may cause allergy. We have to identify and avoid touching and using such items.
• 3. Sweat moisture is one of the major reasons for causing fungal infection. So, please ensure that your sweaty clothes are changed at the earliest and have bath thereafter.
• 4. If you are exposed to direct sun or hot humid weather, it is all the more important. Avoid exposure to sun from 10 am to 4 pm as far as possible.
• 5. Taking bath twice a day is better. We have to make it a point not to neglect cleaning any part of our body, particularly folds, narrow gaps between fingers and the like.
• If you observe all measures of hygiene, treatment of skin disease will be effective.