Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I am experiencing acne and facial hair from past 4 years. Now my face is filled with scars. My sister is diagnosed with pcod, just wondering if even I have the same and is it the reason for acne and hair. I did my hormone test as prescribed by the endocrinologist but didn't get time to show him the results. I have even thyroid and taking the thyro norm doses regularly. Can anyone suggest me something to get rid of acne and facial hair. I am 34.
I am suffering from Pimple's problem and their marks on face. I use a lot of face wash but no effect. My skin is oily please advice me for better solution.
I have been suffering from pimples on my face. What precautions should be taken, what medicines should I use?
My hair have turned white. Now what should I do to turn them black. I once balded my head, nothing happened. They are still white. I have tried many shampoos but they do not work. Can you give me a solution.
Doctor how to maintain body fat for lipoma, my all over body lipoma (extra fatty acids). how to maintain that? Please help me.
I'm just 23 and I losing my hair I tried many things but single one didn't resolve my problem. You just tell me what I have to to regain my loss hair or how to stop losing hair.
I have a lots of pimples on my face and my face is all the time oily any cream or medicine or soap to reduce this?
I am loosing hair on the sides, I tired using minoxidil but shows no effect. Please give a solution.
I am suffering of ringworm. I have gone through medical treatment but no results. Have you any treatment for it?
Dear Doctors Good morning Good day My name is shabib I'm from Mumbai I'm 26 years old I have so many acne, blackheads pimples in my chin Gaal par chote chote khaddhe bhi hai Kindly pls give some good suggestions.
I am stuffing from gastric problem So I am taking these medicines So I think due to this medicine my hair start falling down So now what can I do for stop my hair fall.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.