Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil KanaseYour feedback matters!
How to get out of depression. I have just broked up with my girl friend :( please help i cant live anymore.
Im in 2nd years nursing student. I dnt knw wht im thinking abt there is some stress or some fear abt nxt day .i cnt able to sleep well. My schedule start frm mrng 5-6 am ?i want to sleep.
I am 29 years old and i am very much addicted to alcohol and recently I managed to stop taking alcohol. So I want to know how can I reduce/detoxify alcohol. From my body.
His wife is not interested in sex due to being too religious. She feel guilty to have sex with her husband . What is the solution? Please tell.
Sir I have a lot of unwanted thinking about my past days and future days I can't focus my present life, even though I can't stop it please give an ideas how to relieve from my mind stress please sir.
An event or an accident that leaves us overwhelmed can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, also known as PTSD. A particularly stressful situation or event that has created terror or been overly dramatic or dangerous can lead to stress and anxiety long after the individual has physically come out of the situation. This kind of a traumatic condition is usually what characterises PTSD. This condition is something that is persistent, and can linger on for a long time, calling for medical supervision and care. Here's a list of things you need to know about PTSD.
- Duration: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder usually lasts up to six months. Yet, there are cases where it lingers on and requires treatment for some particular types of symptoms or behavioural changes. Usually, the patient's behaviour is a result of one or more of the symptoms discussed below.
- Re-experiencing Symptoms: These symptoms include flashbacks and life like re-imagination in the form of dreams and nightmares. In many cases, the patient may remember and re-experience the entire scene or series of events that have led to the trauma in the first place. This can be triggered by a memory or association with words, events and other such things that have to do with the memory of the traumatic episode.
- Avoidance Symptoms: A traumatised patient may go out of his or her way to avoid things that are remotely close to the traumatic incident. They may fear a reoccurrence or a reminder of the event and may avoid addressing the trauma altogether. Patients suffering from this symptom may have created a mental block, and may not be able to remember the exact details of the event. They may also feel emotions like fear, guilt, depression and even worry, over the past incident which led to the trauma in the first place.
- Arousal Symptoms: Arousal or reactivity symptoms may trigger the same reactions that the person showed during the traumatic experience. These may include being on edge constantly in anticipation of a reoccurrence, or even getting startled by the slightest thing since the mind is already occupied with thoughts of the event, constantly. Anger and emotional outbursts may also be caused due to these symptoms.
- Mood Symptoms: Mood swings are the most common outcome of these symptoms. The patient may experience a complete lack of enthusiasm and drive to indulge in activities like hobbies and socialising. Also, the patient may end up harbouring feelings of negativity towards family, friends and strangers, besides going through phases of guilt and self blame for the occurrence of the traumatic event.
PTSD can be a debilitating disorder in the emotional sense, and should be treated by a psychiatrist in case it lingers on for more than six months.
My cousin daily drink 500ml Rexcofe Cough syrup. And it is his daily habit. So I want to get stop the syrup. Please advise Me for stop drink syrup.
Sometimes I suffer from short term memory loss so what should I do. I just want to improve my memory power.
I have smoking habit since 4years. I want to quit smoking without using any nicotine tablets. Can I know what all natural things I have to do in order to quit that habit, and what I should eat or drink to clean my lungs.
I am preparing for state PCs but could not concentrate please suggest some memory booster my age is 28 I am male.
I have pain in my right side of chest at night but I smoke everyday what should I do I have a problem quiting smoking.
My hairs are falling from 2 years ago. I am very tensed about this. Please tell me how to control hair fall. Or tell me how to regrow the hairs.
Sir I have a problem watching videos in youtube in that heroine beats innocent hero by using whip (korada)(ex: film khaidi no 786) or villian beats innocent woman in the form of flogging (tied to pole). I am always searching whipping, spanking, or canning scenes in movies after watching within a fraction of sec. I will MASTURBATING by feeling fantasy of my schoolgirl thinking that I am a slave (servant) of her she giving coral punishment to me, After masturbating I feel guilty lot of time I am wasting unnecessary things how to overcome to it.
Hi. Recently, I got an extreme panic attack. Like sharp fear and pain in chest and light numbness in face and hands. This left me exhausted for 1 whole day. Actually from past 1 year I am suffering from severe anxiety, fear and depression. I am getting treatment from past 5 months. First 3 months I used to take betacap 40 and nexito 10 mg. And from past 1 and half month I am taking prothiaden 25 instead of nexito. I used to feel anxious and fearful sometimes but never got a panic attack this extreme that to in middle of my treatment. Is something wrong with my treatment? Is anxiety disorder curable? Please help I'm depressed.
I have one very good gynec doctor as my friend, she's very beautiful but due to the delay in marriage she is very depressed. How can I make her to take faith in herself to lead her life ?
5 Ways To Remove Stress Instantly
Feeling the blues once in a while is natural for the kind of hectic lives we lead. But feeling stressed and burned out deeply affects on our body, mind and soul. When you feel stressed, you need to take measures that can help you cope up. Something as simple as saying ‘I love you’ in the mirror once in a morning turns around the way you approach your day.
Try these stress reducing tips to rejuvenate yourselves immediately.
1) Meditate- Its the best way out. It eases anxiety, which is the culprit behind those stressed out moments. All you have to do is just close your eyes, focus your attention on positive thoughts or repeatedly chanting 'Om' which has a vibrational impact. Don’t let negative thoughts distract you.
2) Inhale Deeply- There are several occasions when you might not be able to mediate. In such a case, simply start to inhale through your nose, bring it to your abdomen and let it make way through your body slowly. Deep breathing can also reduce the instances of blood pressure.
3) Laugh Out Loud- Laughing can reduce cortisol, a hormone responsible for stress. You can watch your favourite comedy show, a sitcom or simply look for a few videos online.
4) Listen To Music- Simple but effective. Listening to music can lower your blood pressure, heart rate as well as anxiety. Go ahead and create a playlist of your favourite songs or music. And if you fancy, try to sing on the top of your lungs too!
5) Exercise- Exercising has too many incredible benefits. One of them is easing depression and anxiety. Deal with stress by exercising a few minutes every day. Ideally, 30 minutes a day is what you should aim for.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.