Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil KanaseYour feedback matters!
Science suggests that marijuana has anti-carcinogenic elements n it's cure to more than 20 life threatening diseases like Alzheimer n depression etc. Why is it still illegal? What actually makes it illegal? Does it cause more harm than a cigarette or alcohol? Please substantiate. Thank you.
Which type of brahmi medicine I have to use to increase memory power. Is it powder or liquid or leaves and what? Please tell me its use that before meal and after and when? Like thus please tell me its detail.
Hello doctor. M in relationship. Bt I am very insecure about my boyfriend. I don't allow my bf to talk to any girl ever his friends, my friends n even my cousins too. I can't tolerate that. I just want that he must talk with me only not any other girl. Because my thinking is like he talk to any girl he will give importance to her also. Bt I want him to be mine only. He is too humble. Too kind hearted, he loves me so much even after my so much restrictions he never question me. WHY' like why I am not allow him to do so. He just obey my opinion my wish. He leave his all friends in girls ka becoz of me. Sometimes I curse myself that is becoz of me he is alone. He left his social circle his friends in girls jz because of me I think that I am responsible for his loneliness and spoil his life n even don't allow him to enjoy his college life with friends n social circle. M very fed up from myself. He is suffering due to my suspicious nature. N jz bcoz I would not have any problem any insecurity any stress he leaves everyone. Mostly boys don't do that. Bt he did. Sometimes I am fed up from my nature that why I don't allow him to talk to any girl. What's wrong with me doctor? Why m like this. Why I am doing so. I need to get out of it. I want to. Bt how?
I am 18 years old but I can't able to remember what I read or any other works. So, please give me suggestions to get good memory power.
Remember those times when you just got engaged or were dating or even early months after marriage. How curious, open and enthusiastic you were about knowing every little detail about your partner. You would keep a tab on likes and dislikes, favorite restaurant and favorite food. You would absorb everything he or she would share like a sponge and hungry for more. Those were fun and exciting times. You seemed to be in a flow, it was effortless.
What happened to your dream of happily ever after. And, even important question is what have you been doing to achieve your dream of happily ever after. You might be thinking we are staying together, have known each other in a more realistic way, the 'honeymoon effect' and the initial romance has to fade away. That is the way of life. We are perhaps now closer to reality then we were in those months.
We need to compromise and adjust, isn't that the demand of each marriage. What if I ask you to think and compare your happily ever after with your dream career. Would you be able to achieve the same with this low energy approach of adjusting and compromising. No, rather you need to pursue it with lot of passion. You need to think about different strategies and grow continuously.
You would do anything and everything to make it happen. What will happen if your relationship is as important as your life's work. It is this shift and this desire that makes any relationship successful and make love last forever.
What is the secret?
The secret is to show up every day for your relationship to make it thrive. As you wake up each day commit to each other. Instead of taking each other and your relationship granted, give it your attention, time and efforts it deserves. Respect, accept and acknowledge your partner in little ways. Show love and support. It.s not just a surprise birthday party or grand annual vacation that takes you towards successful marriage; it is those little things each day that you do to show that you care! Each marriage is unique. Each marriage has its own struggles, challenges, successes etc. In my practice I help clients understand that it isn't healthy to compare their relationship with other relationships for a lot of reasons including you don't really know what goes on behind closed doors. What works for one marriage, may not work for another.
Focus on your marriage and identify your unique strengths and challenges. Then get busy creating a stronger foundation. These are the few tips that will help you get started:
- Listen to understand and accept, not to judge or blame.
- Turn towards each other, not against each other (you are a team not competitors!)
- Create daily rituals to connect and share about your day.
- Increase your emotional bank account, more positivity through small daily actions than negative feedback.
- Appreciate and acknowledge each other, not taking each other for granted.
- Support each other.s dream . not ridiculing them.
- Create your shared dream and meaning in life. (What do you stand for as a family. What do you want to achieve and how can you each contribute in this bigger picture).
Good news is that if willing, you can learn how to utilize your unique strengths as a couple to increase connection, love and intimacy in your marriage. In a 'Marriage Enrichment Program', you can also learn about utilizing conflict as a stepping stone to know each other at deeper level and feel understood and loved.
I am having prof bussiness my wife govt job holders from past 10y my bussi is not going well iam confidence it is difficult to get small payments and beca of my wife is also avoid me due to this i get dout on her se never speks with me prop even parents every one douts on my ability before i was known for good bussiness but now every thing opposit i dont know what to do
Hi. I always think questions in my mind. That whether he compares me with his ex. I always feel he loves me. More than anyone else. But still these questions cross my mind. I am married for six months.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
From last one week or so I am continuously had dreams in the night. The dreams are so real seems that happening with me right away. The strange part is I am remembering all my dreams which never happened in past at all. I do not know why this all is happening but definitely this is bothering me , in case I am pushing my self to some long term problem. Kindly guide.
People who stop smoking greatly reduce their risk for disease and early death. One is never too old to quit.
Smoking is now classified as a disease by many health researchers and sophisticated treatment plans are now available to help people cure the disease of smoking. I have been helping many patients quit smoking through a personalized smoking cessation plan which involves few medications, diet and exercise. Consult privately on lybrate for your own personalized smoking cessation plan.
Hello Doctor, I sometimes have burning sensation in the right side of my throat. Whenever there is acidity, the problem is predominant. I experience hoarseness in voice all the time and sometimes my voice gets choked up. This problem persists since more than 5 years. When I swallow, I feel existence of ulcer kind of thing in the throat right side. Please guide.
My psychology doctor suggest me felis s plus 5 tablets daily once, i'm taking this tablet from last 2 years, I want to quit this but can't do so, if I stop it I feel very uncomfortable, it was given me for anxiety, is this tablet harmful to me? please suggest me how to quit this or any alternative to this?
I can't able to go for my physical training because of my body pain it is normal but this time it is too much of time please tell me the cure for this.
He is very much addicted to liquor. He drinks very much. 4 times a day. In a higher amount.Please tell.
Shoulder pain while lifting overhead objects might be a result of strenuous activity involving tendons impinging bones of the shoulder. Impingement syndrome is also called swimmer’s syndrome.
What causes it?
It is caused by activities involving tendons and bones of the shoulder, for example strenuous activities, such as swimming, tennis and gym activities involving muscles of the shoulder. Even reaching for overhead objects and painting might aggravate impingement syndrome. If not treated at the right time, the syndrome might become extremely painful as the tendons begin to tear.
General pain in the shoulder is one of the most common symptoms, especially while reaching for overhead objects or using shoulder and arm muscles in general. If it occurs for a prolonged period of time, then it might actually lead to a tendon tearing and leading to a rotator cuff tear. This would overtime lead to decreased ability to use the arm muscles and the bicep muscles might tear as a result of prolonged negligence, despite swimmers syndrome. A doctor would recommend a physical exam and x-ray to rule out possibilities for bone abnormalities and arthritis.
How to prevent and treat it?
Those who have extreme shoulder pain and have been diagnosed with swimmer’s shoulder are referred to a physiotherapist with whom, regular sessions help restore mobility of the affected areas. The physiotherapist recommends the patient numerous stretching exercises to practise, preferably under a hot shower. In addition to physiotherapy, a doctor will prescribe powerful painkillers which have to be administered orally on a regular basis.
These oral painkillers have to be taken under the guidance and prescription of a doctor as they will have a host of side effects such as acidity and should be taken post meals. In case of ineffectiveness of orally administered painkillers, cortisone based injections might be given, but it is a double-edged sword as the effectiveness of these injections decrease over time and it might make the muscles and tendons weak. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.