Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. NikhamYour feedback matters!
I think I have knock knees. Coz the gap between my knees is about 1-1.5 cm. Does it can cure? I want to apply for army.
I got swelled when hit by anything, even small impact could make me swell and sometime even severe trauma couldn't. This swelling spread on the whole organ like getting hit on for head whole face get swelled. Is there any solution to this?
I AM 26 YR OLD LADY. SUFFERING FROM THYROID. USING MEDICINE SINCE 2 YEAR. HOW CAN I CHECK MY THYROID. NOW I AM SUFFERING FROM KNEE JOINT PAIN. PLEASE SUGGEST THE MEDICINE.
Hello doctor I am Mr. Bharat When I am running then there is no pain in my legs but when I stop the running There is very much pain in my legs What I do doctor? Please tell me.
I am a 24 year man. Recently i played shuttle then suddenly me shoulder got broken then I am not able to do exercise so please give me solution.
My grandmother feel vomiting when she eat spices food and sometimes she's legs and hand are panning What should I do?
I am 18 years old. I am having constant pain at my knee joints. Also I feel a little dizzy while being out in sun for even a little time.
Any gainacaligest doctors pleas clearly myproblem my back bones are very to hard pains౯of a ever day taken my case.
I have been suffering from backbone pain so I need a proper suggestion to get cured as soon as possible.
I am 30 years old male diabetic patient suffering from legs pain from last 1 year after taking painkillers it is OK but after some time again it is come what to do please suggest?
I have a problem of burning and pain in my both testicles and same type of burning and pain in my thigh. It's actually started from right foots nail infection after suggestions of doctor I have remove it but after six months I have facing above problem so please tell me what should I do and suggest to which physician I should visit about my problem.
Hi m bhavi. My husband suffering in gout about 6yrs. please advice to reduced uric acid level and diet chart.
My age is 21 years have a problem of sudden headache and my back pain is also increases so please give me suggestions for my problem.
I am 20 years old and I have lower backpain. Whenever I try to bend backwards it hurts at a point in lower back. What could be the possible reason?
I had acl reconstruction in jan 2014. Had my physio sessions and full movement within a couple of months. Played football and tennis in 2015. Had sever pain last week and couldn't lift my leg at all within 8 hours. No stressful activity and was following daily work routing which involves 8 hour desk job. Pain subsided in 2 days with painkillers only to come back 3 days later. Nothing abnormal in mri, ct scan, xray or blood reports. No clue why the pain started any how last it will last and how often. Had viral 2 days before the pain started in the knee but have no strong correlation between the viral and knee pain except the timing. Please advise. Would be glad to share the reports if needed.
Left side of my neck is paining due to lifting heavy weight in gym and what ailment should I apply on it.
My father is suffering from joint pains. Nearly from seven years he had gone to many hospitals for consulting. But no results and used many tablelts given by doctors.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. menisci is exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common injury faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of pain and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a menisci tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn menisci depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
- You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
- Stiffness and swelling
- You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
- You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not happening through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. The surgery is done through a small incision, called as arthroscopic surgery or key hole surgery, where in the torn meniscus is either repaired or trimmed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.