Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Neville MisquittaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 40 year old female and living in arkansas, us. I am hoping to find a solution for my problem. I am having tremor on my left hand which started very slightly a year ago. It increased very gradually and people started noticing nowadays. Not only tremor, but lack of strength and slow response on my left hand. Simple household activities are getting slow and hard. Also have a small bunion and hammer toe on my left leg. I don't wear heels or pointed shoes. Nothing wrong on my right side yet. I had a brain mri, neck mri and ncv testing so far as per doctor's suggestion. All of them looks normal. Doctors saying it may be parkinson after many years and he can give me medication right now for my tremor if its bothering me. This is my situation right now. I am working full time and the tremor is uncomfortable to deal with. The hammer toe bothers me as well as the toes are bent. Would you be please able to help me? or refer to someone who can? I am looking forward for your reply. Thanks.
Hi good morning just want to ask you abt alzimer, my mom has a alzimer and it is advance stage so Is there any new invention for alzimer
Sir I am very depressed because of jobless and I can't understand what can I do. And also suffering from hair lose problem.Do you have any suggestion for me?
Obsessive compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which an individual suffers from an unwanted repetitive thoughts and behaviour. They experiences obsessions - repetitive intrusive thoughts ideas or images which are unable to stop or control. It occurs in a spectrum from mild to severe if left untreated in severe cases it can destroy a person's capacity to function at work school or even at home.
Treatment: medications to control execessive thought process and psychotherapy is used frequently. Another popular therapy used is co ognitive behaviour therapy which is decided by psychistrists or clinical psychologists. A specific therapy approach called emdr (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing) is effective for many people suffering with ocd.
Neurological disorders are problems with any one or a combination of the central nervous system or any of its peripheral systems such as cranial nerves, neuromuscular junctions, and the autonomic nervous systems among others.
Some extreme examples of neurological disorders are:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Disorders brought on by strokes
- Multiple sclerosis and others
What is physiotherapy and how can it help?
Physiotherapy is a form of treatment where practitioners use physical forms of treatment such as massages, exercises, heat treatment and other controlled forms of external stimuli to treat physical disorders.
This method of treatment can be very effective in correcting neurological disorders.
Some of the physiotherapy techniques, which can be implemented to help patients, are as follows:
- Electrical Stimulation: This method is commonly used to treat muscular problems, especially incurred after an accident or any other form of injury. In this method, controlled electric stimulation is given to specific nerve areas over the skin to stimulate them.
- Heat treatment: This method involves applying heat to parts of the body such as joints or muscles where there is nerve or muscular damage. This treatment is especially effective for muscle related problems.
- Ice or cold treatment: Vertically opposite to the principle of heat treatment, ice or cold treatment is used to contract muscles within the body. This is especially effective where inflammation needs to be controlled.
- Manual therapy: Possibly the most common form of physiotherapy, this method employs massages, pressure points, stretching and hands on strengthening exercises and helps regularize nerve impulses to areas where they have been affected.