Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neha Gandhi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Neha GandhiYour feedback matters!
I had a backache and headache issue since last 2 years I sometimes cause serious issue when I got headache and I can see anything clearly but when I got checkup for my eye sight the doctor says everything fine and I know too that everything can see clearly but when the time of headache got blurred.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello there, please let me know that, is there any treatment available for avascular necrosis without surgery?
She has been suffering from knee pains for the last two months. Unable to stand n walk continuously for an hour. Prior to this she has been suffering from shoulder pain for the last one year. For that she is using tablets n shoulder exercises. Today she attended a medical camp served by indo-British hospital doctors, Vijayawada. An Ms. Ortho suspected Connective tissue disorders n asked for thorough clinical examination. Will it be true to suspect like that?
While sleeping my arms are paining? Usually I put my head on my arms but this problem started very recently. Help me please.
I have severe knee pain . Doctors says almost damage d . They suggest me for kneecap replacement . My age is 49 . I don't want to go for surgery . If you doctors have any treatment in Ayurveda Plz do suggest me . Thanks.
I am having pain in my left knee. I'm unable to move my leg freely and there is problem in running or going upstairs. I have done MRI scan of my knee also. Doctor has advised to operate, but I don't want to operate. Can you pls suggest me another option.
The carpal tunnel is the passageway for the median nerve to pass through on the inner side of your hand, when your palms are facing down. For example, while typing, there is a lot of movement of the fingers and this puts a lot of pressure on this tunnel. In fact, people who are involved in a lot of typing are one of the most prone people for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Other causes would include trauma, fractures, etc., where the tunnel is injured.
Conventional measures to treat CTS included a combination of exercise and pain killers in mild to moderate cases. In moderate (sometimes) to severe cases, surgery was also done. However, with advancements in medical technology, endoscopic surgical procedure is gaining popularity.
What is done?
In endoscopic surgery, a small incision is made in the wrist or one each in the palm and the wrist. Through this, a flexible tube with a camera and minute cutting tools are inserted into the wrist. Another ligament known as transverse carpal ligament is cut. This reduces the pressure on the median nerve, which provides relief from the CTS symptoms.
What to expect as benefits?
The intention behind the surgery remains the same in both traditional and endoscopic procedures. The pressure on the median nerve is released, restoring movement and reducing pain in the joints. In addition, the endoscopic procedure has the following benefits.
- Less invasive: Needless to say, there are only one or two small incisions done for this procedure, so less surrounding tissue is damaged.
- Same day surgery: No hospitalization is required, and unless required, the patient can return home on the same day of surgery.
- Reduced recovery time: The recovery period is usually substantially less compared to the traditional surgical approach.
- Back to work: Depending on which is your dominant hand, you would be able to return to your regular work earlier than with regular surgery. If your non-dominant hand is involved, a day or two of rest is required. If your dominant hand was involved, give it up to four weeks for complete recovery.
- Reduced chances of nerve injury: The area of operation has many nerves and blood vessels, and endoscopic surgery reduces the chances of damaging adjacent nerves.
- Anesthesia: This is done under local anesthesia. Therefore, complications arising out of general anesthesia are completely avoided.
While these sound promising, your doctor will decide if you are a candidate for endoscopic procedure depending on the following:
- Nonsurgical treatment including exercise and pain killers have not provided relief, even after several months.
- Severe symptoms including those of nerve damage, like loss of sensation, altered coordination, etc., is affecting your normal daily routine.
- Person requiring bilateral surgery like severe trauma, wheelchair dependent, etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!