Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neela Kumari
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Neela KumariYour feedback matters!
Recently I have developed a squeezing or twitching of eyes as a habit. I don't shut my eyes but partially squeeze the lower lid several times in a minute. I have observed this on different occasions like driving, watching TV or even when I am sitting idle. I can't trace a direct source to it.
I am 22 years of age and I am curious about sex. My friend passed me a number of an aunty. She is 38 or 40 and I called her. Should I go to her to unlock my curiosity? But I am deeply interested in sex. Suggest a suitable opinion. Masturbation won't help. I can't control it. If I control more the more curious I become. I am in a troublesome situation . "I want to go there but I don't wanna go there" tough situation. Plzz suggest me a solution.
I work at least 10 hour behind computer and it harm my eyesight and health also please give me suggestion regarding this matter.
I am getting pain in my eyes when I am reading books or in mobile and thwn my eyes becomes red what to do?
I am getting red eyes at night after I surf my phone about any hour. I cannot stay away from phone so guide me in this matter.
I am 21 years old, currently wearing glasses with -7 in right eye and -5.5 in left eye. I am in need of basic surgery I want to know that if there are any complications in laaic surgery if yes then kindly advise the basic things kept in mind while going through a basic surgery.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
- A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
- Mucous surrounding the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Redness of the eyes
- A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
- Problems in wearing contact lenses
- Vision problems, especially while driving at night
- Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
- Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!