Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Menopause automatically brings about a dip in testosterone and estrogen levels in a woman’s body. It leads to certain changes in the body and also reduces libido. A drop in libido means that sexual arousal becomes a cause of concern. This can bring in certain problems in your sexual/conjugal life. Lower estrogen levels reduce supply of blood to the vagina, thus resulting in lubrication problems. A dry vagina during sexual intercourse can lead you to experience pain during sex.
There are some other factors that can affect a woman’s libido after menopause:
1. Problems in sleep
2. Anxiety and depression
3. Problems of the bladder
4. Certain medications
5. High stress levels
To remedy lubrication problems, use water soluble lubricants to lubricate your vagina. Avoid using non-water soluble products such as petroleum jelly as it can weaken the latex. Non water soluble lubricants are also known to aggravate bacterial vaginosis. You may also use vaginal moisturizers to address the issue. There are oral medications that are available, which cause the tissues of the vagina to thicken, thus causing less pain during sex.
Improving your libido
You can opt for estrogen therapy to reduce pain during sex as this therapy helps in vaginal lubrication. The main objective of estrogen therapy (Hormone Replacement Therapy) is to ease the discomforts associated with a deficiency of estrogen secretion in the body. You should consult a professional who will be able to guide and counsel you.
Certain other measures to rev up your libido have been listed below:
- Indulge in foreplay: Try and include activities such as oral sex and erotic massages in your agenda. Experimentation with foreplay can help spice things up between you and your partner.
- Try out new things: Change your sex poses, read erotic books or watch erotic videos as these may help in boosting your libido.
Bear in mind that menopause does not prevent STDs; you still need to take proper precautions before engaging in sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
What are the fruits and all to be taken to increase Blood in the body when ia female is pregnant? Please suggest me?
I got married about 2 months back. Before we were known to each other and it was a love affair marriage. We had sex before marriage as well. Now after marriage for the last 10 days whenever we are having intercourse a yellow coloured liquid is coming out from my nipples and my breast size have gone larger by 2 cups. Most of my dresses are not fitting. And from the last 10 days I feel like wanting to have intercourse every now and then. And whenever I am thinking of sex by breasts are tingling and yellow liquid is coming out. Please help.
I think I am pregnant But not sure. So how to conform this. But sitting at home only without using pregnancy test kit? How to know the result. N if I am pregnant but I do not want the child now. So is their any medicine to take. To abort the child? What should I do. What are the SYMPTOMS of pregnancy? I do not want to go to doctor or hospital. I want to know all this at home only. N please suggest what to do. Bcoz I do not want the child now. What medicine or fruit to take for not getting the child now? please help.
Regular sex can actually make you physically healthier! Have a look at the benefits it brings, along with unmentionable pleasure.
1. More Sex, Less Stress: If you're freaking out about tomorrow's job interview, slip between the sheets. People who have intercourse at least once over two weeks were better able to manage stressful situations. That's because endorphins and oxytocin are released during sex and these being the feel good hormones activate pleasure centers in the brain that create feelings of intimacy and relaxation and help stave off anxiety and depression. You don't have to climax to net the effects, but you'll get the biggest surge of soothing hormones if you have an orgasm.
2. Sex Boosts Immunity: Good sexual health may mean better physical health. Having sex once or twice a week has been linked with higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections.
3. Sex Relieves pain: If you're using headache as an excuse to not make love, stop doing that. Have sex instead, because, when you're about to have an orgasm, the level of the hormone oxytocin increases by five times. These endorphins actually reduces aches and pains.
4. Sexual activity Increases blood circulation: Because your heart rate increases when you have sex, fresh blood is supplied to your organs and cells. While used blood is removed, the body also expels toxins and other materials that cause you to feel tired.
5. Sex is Exercise: Sex is a really great form of exercise. It won't replace the treadmill, but it counts for something. Sex uses about five calories per minute, four more calories than watching TV.
6. Sex Improves Cardiovascular Health: Researchers have also found that having sex twice or more a week reduces the risk of contracting fatal heart attack by half for the men, compared with those who had sex less than once a month.
7. Sex Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk: Frequent ejaculations, especially in 20 something men, may reduce the risk of prostate cancer later in life.
8. You sleep better: The sleep that you get just after you've made love will be much more relaxed. Getting a good night's sleep will make you feel alert and overall healthy.
I had sex with my boyfriend and he use 2 condoms but it's not leaked even though m getting very scare nd if still can I take the I pill for safer side nd is it cause any problems due to my periods pls suggest me.
Im 35 yrs old I get inserted IUD recently for the third time now I have white discharge after this what shall I do pls clarify.
After having Sex with will be there any late of coming periods my age 20 pls help me I'm not get my periods I had sex with condom itself will be there any delay of periods after sex.
Hi, I am 45 years old female. After intercourse there is lot of pain in my thighs. What is the reason and remedy. And during my periods headache is there.
My mother is 54 yr old before 10months ago she notice a tumor on left under arm after biopsy and ct scan doctors said she is suffering from breast cancer and a 2inch tumor is in her right breast. Is it iv stage cancer? but in iv stage cancer will reoccurrence.
Dear Doctor, I am pregnant. I am starting 9 months. In my scaling placenta- Anterior, Grade'lll' maturity, shows multiple anechoic areas noted in placenta -s/o placental lakes. If any problem. I am so sad. Please answer me Dr. In report impression is single live.
My niece had protected sex which was incomplete though cus he dint put it in completely but he came. She also had an ipill as she was scared. A week later he came n then he fingered her but he dint touch his cim his fingers wer dry. She constantly fears of being pregnant all the time amd does not concentrate. She also sees a drop of white discharge from nipples while squzeeing even before she was with a guy. Is there any reason for her to worry cus if she continues she will go mad. Plis she is very sure she can not get pregnant but still fears. Also is the nipple discharge normal? Please help.
Hi doctor we get recanalisation done about 1 and half year back my wife is now 40 yrs we are trying to have a baby her periods are normal but not conceiving can I know the reson please.
Hi sir, My wife got pregnant 1 month only. It's second pregnancy. But our financial situation is not possible to welcome our new kid. So kindly tell me.
1. The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
2. Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
3. Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
6. Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.