Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naveen
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NaveenYour feedback matters!
My daughter, ruchi, 22 yrs, is having a problem of poly cystic ovaries, for which she has been prescribed Diane 35. Is the medicines only solution or any not solution for this.
I'm a 28 year old female. I had sex with my husband on 7th of this month. I was about to get my periods on 5th but I had a tablet to delay my periods as there was a special day on 7th. Now I haven't yet get my periods. Most importantly we had sex without any safety and only once he dropped his sperms into my vagina. Is there a chance of getting pregnant.
People often confuse renal tumors with renal cancer. Not all renal tumors are malignant in nature. Some of them can be benign as well. Mentioned below are the renal tumors, both benign as well as malignant.
Benign Renal Tumors
As the term suggests, these tumors are noncancerous and do not metastasize. The benign renal tumors can be of the following types
- Renal Adenoma: One of the most common types of benign renal tumors, renal adenoma are asymptomatic, low-grade, solid tumors which are quite small in size. It is yet not known as to what triggers the occurrence of renal adenoma. The renal adenoma seldom interferes with the normal kidney function. There may, however, be a problem if this tumor grows in size, where they mimic the RCC (Renal cell carcinoma) in their symptoms.
- Angiomyolipoma: This type of benign renal tumor is rare and often triggered by a genetic mutation (inherited). Also called as Renal Hamartoma, the tumor is often found to be a complication associated with Tuberous Sclerosis (a genetic condition that results in tumor formation in different body parts including the kidney). Angiomyolipoma, not triggered by Tuberous Sclerosis is often found to affect women who are middle aged.
- Renal Oncocytoma: The trigger for Renal Oncocytoma is not known. Unlike the renal adenomas, renal oncocytoma can grow quite large in size and are usually asymptomatic, with males being more susceptible to the condition. Another striking feature about renal oncocytoma is that it can occur in the other body parts as well.
- Fibroma: As the name suggests, fibroma is benign tumors originating from the fibrous tissues on the kidneys or adjacent to it. These rare tumors are small in size, with the exact cause being unknown. Fibroma is asymptomatic, affecting women more than men.
- Lipoma: Mainly affecting middle aged women, lipomas are found to originate from the fat cells located within the kidney (renal capsule) or adjacent tissues. Lipomas can be painful and cause hematuria when they increase in size.
Malignant Renal Tumors
As the name suggests, there are cancerous tumors that can metastasize to other body parts. The malignant renal tumors can be of the following types
- Renal cell carcinoma (RCC): Known to develop in the kidney tubules, the cancerous outgrowths can cause renal obstruction. One of the most common types of renal cancer, RCC can affect one or both of the kidneys.
- Depending on the microscopic observation, RCC may further be divided into
- Clear Cell RCC: Accounting for nearly 80% of the total RCC, under a microscope, the clear cell RCC appears clear and pale.
- Papillary RCC: Accounting for 10-15 percent of RCC, the Papillary RCC is characterized by the formation of finger-like projections within the tumor.
- Chromophobe RCC: The Chromophobe RCC are large with microscopically appearing clear and pale.
- Collecting duct RCC: Being quite aggressive, cancer cells in collecting duct RCC results in the formation of irregular tubes inside the renal tumor
- Transitional cell carcinoma: Also referred to as Urothelial Cancer or Renal Pelvis Carcinoma, the transitional cell carcinoma forms at the merger point of the kidney and the ureter.
- Renal sarcoma: It is a rare type of renal cancer originating in the connective tissue of the kidney.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point of life, every person undergoes some large-scale tragedy. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others.
A large scale tragedy can cripple a person and devastate him. However, instead of breaking down, one should stand strong and face the situation. Here are 5 ways to cope with a large-scale tragedy:
- Talking to someone, honestly: You are not alone is this world and should not forget that there are many other people all around you. In case of a tragedy, you usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside you. Instead of keeping them to yourself, you must share these feelings with your friends or any person whom you trust. Venting out will enable you to relax.
- Act on truth: Always keep in mind that whatever happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. Always remember that you are not alone and there are people to help you out, no matter what kind of tragedy you have undergone. There is always some hope left.
- Be realistic: You have to differentiate between wishful thinking and hope and get it clear in your head. Wishful thinking might not get you anywhere and eventually you will be more disappointed. However, if you stick to reality and hope realistically, slowly you will be able to come out of your shell and face the world again. Face the reality that you have to struggle a lot for quite a long time and do not think about miracles.
- Second chances: In many situations, a tragedy comes with a blame. However, you should not confuse between condemnation and responsibility. Taking responsibility is wise, but self-condemnation takes you along the wrong track. You should give yourself another chance. You must let go of guilt and learn how to forgive and forget. By giving a new start, things will get back to normal. This is applicable in case of relationship-related tragedies.
- Have faith in God: When you are in a situation which is too tough to cope with, and you cannot foresee any hope, you have to believe in God. Keeping the faith is the best thing to do, and you should believe that hope is possible. If you have faith in a greater power, you will get through.
Large scale tragedies are difficult to cope with and can make you feel that your life is over. However, instead of isolating oneself and burying the grief, proper measures should be taken to cope with the tragedy for better and peaceful living. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.