Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandini MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in lateral side of leg since last few days. I was said that it was ilio tibial band syndrome. What should I do to take care?
I am resident of dengue epidemic area. I am having mild headache. May this be a sign of dengue fever?
My friend often watch porn. Later he came to know from some one that. Watching porn often results in to some side effects like. Losing memory, eye site problem, mental and physical problems. Etc. Now I wanted to know that if he stop watching he can be normal like before. I mean he can be free from the side effects?
Sir I have problem on face. Some itching problem on face. Some dark spot on face. Please tell me some home remedies. Thanks.
Why does happen head pain continuously. And cold and cough vry soon. I want to know wht are the symptoms of tumor? Why it happens and what are the precautions of tumor.
Hello sir, I have pain in my back head to shoulder from last 1 month. I am 35 years old. Please advise.
I am 23 years old girl. I have stomach ache frequently from last 5_6 months. I also go for checkups but their is nothing in reports. What should I do.
I am 18 year old male and I am a fast bowler. I am suffering ftom shoulder pain from last week. So, what can I do?
My hand was fractured one month ago. I had a plaster for 7 days but still after one month there is so much pain in my hand I can't pull a heavy objects and my hand also not twisting normally. please suggest me treatment.
I am 25 years old female. I feel like vomiting when I am tensed. I even vomit sometimes. I am a kind of person who easily get tensed for small reasons. Pls suggest some tips for my problem.
Doctor I am unmarried maine kafi months se Hand Job nahi ki hai Kya iss se body ke ander koi problem toh nahi aayegi?
I am carving a lot for food even after I have my meal is there any medicine which helps in controlling it with I am growing my weight.
I took emergency contraceptive pill a month ago. After unprotected intercourse. I had my last periods 2 weeks late than my normal date My date is 10th of every month. And, today once again my cycle is started as per my normal schedule. Is there any problem and could their be any chances of pregnancy? I already took 4 home pregnancy tests all were negative.
Swallowing food comes naturally to human beings. But when there is a problem, it is usually called Dysphagia. Esophagus, a muscular tube-like organ located at the back of our throat, usually helps in swallowing food and transferring them to our stomach. When esophagus does not function properly, dysphagia happens. Patients suffering from brain or nerve disorder, seniors and babies might have this problem.
People with dysphagia might witness the following issues:
- Difficulty in swallowing solids and liquids.
- Gaging, choking or coughing usually occurs when trying to swallow.
- Experience pain when trying to swallow and also heartburn.
- Swallowed food might come back up either through mouth or nose.
- A chronic problem might result in weight loss.
There are 2 main reasons, why the Esophagus might become dysfunctional.
- Due to some medical condition the muscles and nerves that help the esophagus work have stopped working.
- The esophagus is blocked by something.
There can be a number of reasons for both the condition. Here are the reasons why the muscles and nerves might not work.
Certain diseases can create problems with your nervous system, which in turn can affect the esophagus. These diseases are polio, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s disease.
- A brain stroke, spinal cord injury or brain injury can also affect swallowing.
- Polymyositis or Dermatomyositis are immune system problems that can cause swelling or weakness.
- The muscles of esophagus suddenly squeeze, which is called esophagus spasm.
- Scleroderma causes the esophagus to become thin and weak.
The esophagus might be blocked because of these reasons:
- Esophagus might have malignant or non-malignant tumours.
- Esophagitis is a medical condition when the esophagus is infected, got some allergy or even if a pill got stuck on it.
- People suffering from reflux diseases often experience the acid that backs up into the esophagus. This can cause an ulcer on it resulting in scars. Scars make Esophagus narrower, making it difficult to swallow.
- There are small sacs called Diverticula on the esophagus or the throat, often making it difficult to swallow.
- Lymph nodes, tumours, bone spurs can also obstruct esophagus and create difficulty in swallowing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.