Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. Nag ShonaYour feedback matters!
Hello. Im a 26 year old female In April 2016 I have diagnosed with an axillary tail in the right breast which is extended in my right armpit. I did needle test to diagnose whether it is a cancer symptom or not. All my reports were normal. The doctor said that it is not a cancer symptom, as just it is an extension of axillary tail. It was a small lump before 6 months. From 1 month its size is increasing. I want to why it's size is increasing and what kind of treatment we have for this axillary tale extension?
I am suffering from hodgkin lymphoma and going through chemotherapy. Please give me some guidelines.
My father is about 55 year old. He is suffering from prostatic enlargement according to ultrasound. Please tell me a doctor from govt hospital because I belong to poor family and can not afford more money please I request you.
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.
Agar mai anus se sex krta hoon or penis anus me daal ta hoon to kya aids ya cancer k chances hai.PLease tell.
I am 22 years old. Iam feeling something in my breast from the past 6 months. I feel them like hard stones. And iam afraid of it. Can you tell me what could it be?
Good morning, I am Dr Dinesh Singh I am director of Radiation Oncology at Max Hospital, Vaishali. Today we are going to discuss about cancer, the cancer is a group of about 100 disease different diseases and it is basically the cells they start developing, multiplying and then they do not stop first they grow locally and there and then they spread out to different parts and what are the different symptoms of the cancers, well it depends upon which part of the body the cancer is developing like we are discussing about the brain tumors that the patient might have difficulty in vision, he may be having headache, he may be having vomiting or he may be having fits. Then to further investigate we need do a contrast study of the MRI then we diagnosed and then we keep recording it. For head and neck cancers like they can wear ulcer or a soar which doesn't heal, there can be a change in the voice the person might have difficulty in swallowing or so these are the early symptoms of cancers originating into the head and neck area. Then we further investigate we take a biopsy and then we diagnose the patient. For breast cancer, the earliest symptoms is a painless lump usually in Cancer in early stages pain is not there, so whenever there is a lump in a breast it should be investigated to allowed cancer. More than 90% of the lump in the breast on cancerous but it should be evaluated and cure, when we come to the lung cancer the common symptom is a mild cough. So any cough which is not getting the cure for more than two weeks it should be taken seriously it can be tuberculosis, it can be cancerous, so it has to be evaluated and investigative. Talking about the GI cancers of the intestinal cancers, well it present like indigestion or the patient is not getting well some might discomfort in the abdomen. So any problem persisting more than 2 weeks should be investigated by ultrasound, by endoscopy and then we do it. Carcinoma of the rectum and anal canal usually present with a bleeding associated with the stools or without stool should not be confused with the piles because they have the same presentation. So any problem persisting for more than 2 weeks is the thumb rule has to be investigated diagnosed and they have to be treated. Once we see that there is a problem then what we do we have to do an investigation and the first investigation is the biopsy many times a general people they have a false notion that if a biopsy is done then cancer will spread, well it is absolutely wrong. The biopsy is a must and it does not spread cancer. Thank you.