Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nag ShonaYour feedback matters!
Homeopathic treatments heal a disorder by inducing diluted symptoms of the same disorder to treat it. There are treatments in homeopathy which are used in treating cancer. These treatments adopt multiple approaches to treating cancer such as inducing similar symptoms to treat the disorder or strengthening the elimination systems (kidney, liver and lymphatic system).
Some remedies used for treating cancer by following the principles of classical Homeopathy are-
1. Lapis Albus - This treatment is usually used in treating cases of breast cancer and malignant growths in the uterus.
2. Conium - Conium is used in treating cancers related to the genital area such as testicles and uterus.
3. Hecla lava - Hecla lava is used in the treatment of bone cancer.
4. Arsenicum - Arsenicum is used to treat almost all cancer-related disorders. It helps in easing symptoms of psychological fear that cancer patients have. It also detoxifies the body and eases the stress from the kidneys and nervous system.
5. Phytolacca - Phytolacca is used when malignant tumors occur in fat based tissues. They are also used in treating fibroids tumors in the uterus and hard tumors in the breast.
6. Condurango - Cancers related to the stomach respond well to this treatment. It is also helpful in treating symptoms of cancer that form in the epithelial cells of the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My wife Is suffering from stomach cancer stage4 and now vomits only blood no intake of food or drink not even medicine only survives on saline weight reduced from 75 kg to 40 kg. Age 65 years advise what to do.
What are the symptoms of brain cancer and is its treatment is available in modern world technologies?
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer.depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.