Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MonikaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old and my eyes are weak. Left eye is of 1.5 and the right one is of 0.75. Please tell me how can I make my eyes back to their original vision. How can I improve my vision.
I have got red eyes for the past 3 days. Now tears are falling often from eyes. I had eye drops for 2 days but it had become only severe. What should I do now?
I have suffering from fever last night and I have eyes pain for one days sir please help me advise me.
I have red eyes from many years. There is no problem with my eyes. What should I do to lessen redness of my eye.
I have a desk job and since a week my eyes gets irritated and lazy. please tell me the solution of irritating eyes.
I have -3.75 eye sight for both my eyes. I'm just 21 years old. Can you please give me some suggestions to reduce my eye sight? thanks in advance.
My left eye is aching frm inside nd I am nt able to study. Smetyms it waters lso. Wen I consulted a doctor they just delayed my treatment. They checked my eye and said that my retina and nerves are good nd fine but my sight is sinking. Plss help me doc. I am having my xams ahead.
I am 30 Years old I am suffering from headache. And eyes pain breathing problem please tell me what type of diseases.
Hi! Doctor Are the new eye drops developed in Russia for the removal of cataract serve their purpose?
I have applied veet (hair removal) for eye brows and forehead. Now it has swelled hugely so kindly tell the remedy for that swelling part.
Why is that it is said that if you look in a person's eye having sore eyes yu will get sour eyes too?
Hello, I am 27 years old, It has been a few months I don't get to sleep until around 4-5am. And I feel during whole day. I have tried all the sleep methods but they failed. Even when my eyes feel heavy when I close them they automatically open, they do that no Matter what. Do I have insomnia? Should I see a doctor?
I am 31 yrs old male. I feel very sleepy from the evening like my eyes are getting heavy and I am applying force to keep it open, my eyes get reddish and by 11 pm I collapse in bed. I get up at 6 am and often sleep in afternoon to 1 or 2 hours. Even in day time my forehead is heavy, some time I feel pain at the both side of forehead. I went to ent but no use. They write on prescription dns after putting torch light in my nose. I don't know how to get rid of this and where to go for treatment. Please help.
My eyes got operated 6 months ago by laser operation for removing specs. But now I feel there some bloodless in eyes. Words are little bit showing twice and sometimes showing faded. Pls suggest.
Hi I'm 24 years old, I get frequent headaches mostly on the right side. Whenever I go outside and face sunlight for ten minutes, I get headaches. I have already consulted an eye specialist and he said there is no eye problem. Is it normal headache or some sort of major symptom of anything? Kindly reply me with some solution. Thank you.
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.