Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Monica LodhaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. And I have an eyesight of -1D. I want to get rid of it in a natural method. What natural methods can follow for this?
I'm 18years old male and I have pain in my eyes I do wear spectacles but still their is itching what should I do?
Hello I am getting eye pain continuous from 5 days. What can I do. Could you suggest me some medicine that fix my problem soon?
My daughter is a polymiocities patient now is in remission she have a doubt in future she may be affect her eyes muscle also in this disease.
Hey doctor I am suffering from serious body pain. And eye pain from 9 days please help please reply fast.
A day before yesterday, I had a major infection in my right eye and consulted an eye doctor. He prescribed some medication saying I had some kind of viral infection. Today most of the pain and redness of the eye is gone. But, I still have that 50% blurriness in my right eye. I can't see objects properly with my right eye. It's been 50 hours since I used the first medication. Am I going to lose the sight permanently? Blurriness is not increasing, but I'm still scared. I would be grateful if you could give me a proper suggestion. This is the medication Tablets: Aceclofenac & Paracetamol Tablets (Acetop-P) Ciprofloxacin Tablets (Floxip-500) Rabeprazole Tablets 20 mg (Razol-20) Eye drops: Moxifloxacin Eye drops Ip 0.5% w/v (Moxigram) Carboxymethyl-Cellulose Eye Drops IP (Compu Drops o.5%) Prednisolone Acetate Opthalmic Suspension USP (allergen) Sterile 10 ml.
My daughter is 15 years old and she is having lazy eye in her right eye. She is wearing spectacles. Please let me know what should I do to improve her vision.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.
I am suffering colour blindness of eyes and many doctors said me that there is not cure or no treatment for colour blindness so I request for please inform me for any naturally treatment for colour blindness.
I use computers heavily most of my time I am in front of a computer screen due to which sometimes my eyes itch a lot and water comes out. Is it something serious I need to worry about?
I am 63 year old, diabetic patient for last 35 years. retina of my both eyes are affected, My blood group is 'O'Rh ve Can donate my few organs as mentioned in your article ORGAN DONOR?
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.