Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Milind Kakade Patil
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Milind Kakade PatilYour feedback matters!
I wanted to know what is cervical mucus. How to identify that to check for a girl she is ready to ovulation. Please explain.
Hi I'm 17 years old I have pimple, redness marks in my face I do exercise drink lots of water n just started using clean n clear pimple free face wash. Any one can please give me some suggestion which no side affect n helps prevent my problem I'll be very thankful.
Hi. I am 12 years old n my weight is 80 kgs n height is 160 cm. I want to lose 8 kgs in 7 days with medicines which do not hv any side effects so please anyone help me. N I want ayurvedic medicines they really work.
Normally, the body’s immune system recognizes any foreign body as an antigen and produces what are known as antibodies. However, in autoimmune disorders, the body produces antibodies against the body’s own tissue. This is an abnormality and depending on what factor is triggering the production of antibodies, there are various types of autoimmune disorders (AID). When we look at the musculoskeletal system, there are quite a few, the top 4 being:
In all these conditions, the body produces antibodies against its own tissue, producing these conditions.
- Family history is definitely an attribute to developing autoimmune diseases
- Environmental pollution
- Lifestyle including lack of exercise, smoking, excessive alcohol use
Know more about these:
- Scleroderma: Can be localized or generalized, the upper layers of the skin get thicker (sclerosis). This can be nodular or diffuse, and can also affect children. The skin and muscles are usually affected, but in severe cases, it can affect internal organs such as lungs and heart.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: SLE, as it is often called, is very common and can be diagnosed as scleroderma in the initial stages. It can also occur with other autoimmune conditions and some of the types include cutaneous lupus, systemic lupus, drug-induced lupus, and neonatal lupus.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: The most common autoimmune rheumatic disease is RA, which causes inflammation of the joint spaces. There would be pain, stiffness, and swelling of the joints. This needs to be segregated as RA, as the symptoms are similar to any other form of arthritis. Treatment includes a combination of pain killers, heat and cold therapy, massage, steroid injections, and immune controlling agents.
- Sjogren’s syndrome: The symptoms are characteristic with dry mucous membranes including those of the eyes, mouth, and vagina. There could be accompanying pain and redness, significant fatigue, fibromyalgia, and complications relating to other organs.
Diagnosis: Autoimmune diseases are tricky to diagnose as other diseases with similar symptoms need to be ruled out first. In some cases, there are specific antibodies, and checking their levels can help identify the underlying condition.
Management: For all the rheumatic autoimmune diseases, treatment is a multipronged approach with lifestyle changes, drugs, and alternative therapies.
Lifestyle changes: A healthy diet, regular exercise, and adequate vitamin and mineral supplementation is a must.
Drugs: Some drugs used are:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- ACE inhibitors
- Immunomodulatory therapy
- Stem cell transplants
Alternative therapies such as massages with herbal oils, acupuncture, and cold therapy are widely used to control inflammation. In addition, alcohol and smoking and exposure to environmental pollution need to be controlled.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having acne on my jawline right side from some last two weeks and that is very severe. I was not having any such type of acne previously. It erupted instantly two weeks ago and I have tried various home remedies but to no relief. There is swelling on these acne. I am very stressed. please help.
Sometimes I fell very lonely and depressed. I am a teacher. How do l increase my weight? How do l overcome from my depression?
I have headache problem from last two year. I visited so many doctor but I didn't got solution. Some doctor said me that you have migraine. So please suggest what will I have to do now.
- Prevents Diabetes: A single serving of onions contains 27% of your biotin DRI. Biotin has many positive impacts on your health, one of which is combating symptoms associated with type 2 diabetes. Early research suggests that a combination of biotin and chromium might help regulate blood sugar and even decrease insulin resistance.
- Healthy Skin: Biotin is also important in maintaining healthy skin. It is used to treat brittle nails, prevent hair loss (although research is still ongoing as to its effectiveness in this regard) and maintain skin health.
- Improved Immunity: Onions contain both vitamin C and photochemical that increases the effectiveness of vitamin C in your body. What does that mean? A healthier, more effective immune system, that’s what.
- Prevents Cancer: Quercetin is more than just a funny looking word. It’s also a plant flavonoid (another funny word that means plant pigment) that possesses potent antioxidants, which fight against cancer-causing free radicals. Free radicals are chemical compounds that damage cell membranes and cause cell death. Onions are rich in quercetin and thus are a powerful weapon in the war against cancer.
- Relieves Stress: Quercetin doesn’t stop there. It also helps protect your body against stress. When you are stressed out your body produces cortical. While cortisol is totally normal, too much of it can damage muscle tissue and cause protein breakdown in the body. That’s where quercetin-rich onions come in. During times of prolonged stress, quercetin suppresses enzyme required for cortisol release. Next time you have a stressful deadline to meet at work, bring along a few raw onions to snack on!
- Lowers Cholesterol: Raw onion also promotes production of HDL which is the good cholesterol that you need to stay healthy.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Onions have anti-inflammatory properties help those who suffer from joint pain and arthritis. But the benefits of betalain is not limited to those with swollen joints; all disease is rooted in chronic inflammation, and, therefore, everyone should seek out foods with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: The sulfur in onions acts as a natural blood thinner and it prevents blood platelets from collecting. This is good for lowering blood pressure and preventing risk of heart attack or stroke, because you are more susceptible if blood platelets clog up. And remember quercetin? Of course you do. Well it also helps prevent plaque buildup in arteries which is also good for preventing heart attack and stroke.
- Digestion: Onions are high in fiber, which is good for maintaining a healthy and regular digestive system. Fiber prevents digestive pain and breaks down food can keep it moving.
Bone Density: Onions bolster bone density for older women. One study found that menopausal women who incorporated onions into their diet had a 20% lower risk of health disease.