Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MehtaYour feedback matters!
The inability to conceive for a prolonged duration after trying to do so is usually termed as infertility. This is usually diagnosed when a couple is unable to conceive even after trying regularly, without any kind of contraceptives. There may be many causes and factors for this and it may occur in either or both partners. So, you all need to know the causes and treatment of infertility.
- Age: Age is a major factor that can lead to infertility for either partner. Usually, the trend now is to delay having a baby until a woman is in her thirties or even forties, in some cases. This has an adverse effect, particularly on the age of the maternal egg which may or may not be effective as far as fertilisation goes. With the advancement of age, one loses the guarantee of genetic normalcy of the egg as well.
- Disorders in ovulation in females: Ovulation is an essential function that helps in releasing the egg that needs to be fertilised when it comes together with the sperm at the time of ovulation. This usually occurs at a certain time every month. But disorders like PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can lead to an inability on the part of the ovaries to release these eggs. The treatment for this includes medication that will help in maintaining more regular cycles for the release of eggs.
- Male factor causing Infertility: In many cases, it has been seen that anomalies in the semen analysis reveal problems of infertility with males as of low sperm count, low motility of sperm, low quantity of alive and active sperm when it comes to natural conception. In such cases, a sexologist can prescribe you medicines that will increase the semen production for better quantity and quality of the sperm. The doctor can also ask the patient to go through a number of lifestyle changes too includes abstinence from smoking and excessive drinking, as well as the cultivation of a less stressful environment. Hormonal treatment or even surgery may also required to help in some severe cases.
- Endometrial Polyps: In such cases, the female partner may develop finger like growths that can protrude in the form of tissue and come out of the uterine layer or the uterus. The removal of these polyps with the help of surgical procedures usually helps in such cases.
In many cases where mediation fails, the patients may have to go through IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) or other such procedures to conceive a child with artificial methods. One must explore all options and find out the best one in terms of the infertility causes that the couple may be facing. You will also need to ensure that you have a well trained and experienced sexologist doctor who can help you with the process and guide you completely about the cause of problem and prescribe you best treatment to manage infertility at the right point of time.
Mam, I have physical relegation with my boyfriend one day we did sex without condom but my boyfriend had not released sperm inside and I took an I pill .the period was coming regularly but I have some fear so tell me what I do? I can't feel to eat sour taste and I have no vomiting so tell me suggestion.
My girl friend is suffering from her period problem. She is not getting her period in time. It 10 to 15 days late from her time. We did not involve any sexual activities. She suffering this problem from long time.
* पके केले को मंद आंच में पकाकर नमक,काली मिर्च मिलाकर दमा के रोगी को खिलाने से लाभ होता है।
* जिन स्त्रियों को श्वेत प्रदर की शिकायत हो,उन्हें पका हुआ एक केला पांच ग्राम घी के साथ कुछ दिन सेवन करने से लाभ होता है।
* बार-बार पेशाब लग रही हो तो बार-बार केला खाना चाहिए।
* टायफायड बुखार उतरने के बाद छोटी इलायची के चूर्ण के साथ रोगी को पका केला खिलाना चाहिए। इससे बुखार से आई दुर्बलता दूर हो जाती है।
* पीलिया रोग में रोगी को कम से कम चार पके केले नित्य खाने चाहिए तथा कच्चे केले की सब्जी का सेवन भी करना चाहिए।
* पेट में जलन हो तो पका केला खाएं।
* आधा कप गाय के दही में एक केला तथा छोटी इलायची का चूर्ण मिलाकर दिन में दो-तीन बार चाटने से मुंह के छाले ठीक हो जाते हैं।
*पका केला शहद के साथ प्रातःकाल सेवन करने से हृदय बलवान बनता है,दिल की धड़कन तथा दिल के दर्द में लाभ होता है।
* पके केले के लगातार सेवन से सूखी खांसी,गले की खराश तथा गुर्दों की कमज़ोरी दूर हो जाती है।
* पका केला कृमिनाशक है। इसके सेवन से रक्त की खराबी दूर होकर त्वचा के रोग नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
* दाद,खाज,खुजली में पके केले में नींबू का रस मिलाकर मरहम बनाकर लगाएं।
* जलने पर पके केले का गूदा मरहम की तरह लगाने से जलन शांत होगी तथा फफोले नहीं पड़ेंगे।
* पके केले के गूदे में आटा मिलाकर पानी के साथ गूंथ लें। इसे गरम करके सूजन वाले हिस्से पर बांधने से सूजन दूर हो जाएगी।
* चोट पर केले का छिलका बांधने से आराम मिलता है। घाव पर केले का पानी लगाकर पट्टी बांधने से घाव जल्दी भर जाता है।
* जो बच्चा मिट्टी खाता हो,उसे पांच ग्राम शहद के साथ एक केला प्रतिदिन खिलाएँ। इससे पेट की मिट्टी बाहर आ जाएगी तथा बच्चे की मिट्टी खाने की आदत छूट जाएगी।
* बच्चा कांच की गोली,सिक्का आदि निगल जाए,तो उसे केला खिलाना चाहिए।
* केले को दिन में ही खाना चाहिए क्योंकि गरमी में यह जल्दी पचता है। रात में खाया केला जल्दी हजम नहीं होता।
* खाली पेट केला नहीं खाना चाहिए। खाने के बाद या भोजन के साथ ही इसे खाएं।
* केला खाकर पानी न पिएं बल्कि दूध या छोटी इलायची खाने से केला जल्दी हज़म हो जाएगा
I am trying to conceive since last one year, my gynae suggested me to take HSG, but c z out of town now. Can anyone on board let me explain my report. It's saying the internal os is narrow, fallopian tubes appear mildly dilated proximal to their fimbria end, s/o Hydrosalpinx. What does that mean? Am I unable to conceive becoz of this? If it is a problem, is it curable?
My wife 2 time ot tube pregnancy same tube left and right tube block but we operate 3cm cut tube and new way open pls help what we do ?
So if I have sex once I finish my period normally on that for 2-3 days then can I become pregnant even if forget to have sex on day my egg releases there still be sperm in my vagina won't it waiting every time he cums in me from last time had sex just incase I forget to on day egg release and if I don't go toilet while after sex then sperm stay in won't it.
I have taken amoxicillin cetrizine after that breast milk production is less. Plus suggest how to increase the production.
5 cm chocolate cyst diagnosed doc said zoladex injection for one month and try to conceive ASAP for 3-6 months. Hope I will not get period for 3 months can I still conceive without getting period.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks.
My wifes after 1 year pregnancy her breast and vagina I feel loose thats y I am not enjoying my sex life that much any medicine for this?
I was advised by Dr. on Lybrate to take scalptone & R89 for hair problem. I am taking it from 3 months. This time my periods is delayed. Is it because of these medicines ?my last date was 9 nov. Usually I have periods 6-8 days before my last date but this time I am not having periods. My age is 36. Please suggest.
My marriage has past around 2 years but my wife did not conceive. Concerning these facts I first visited to the doctor and he suggested some test. The reports were normal. Thereafter I went for my wife. The doctor listened the case history and asked about the periods of my wife are normal or not. Her periods are normal, last month she bleeds on 17 and today is 19th Aug, she did not bleed yet. Although every month she bleeds 3-4 days earlier. The doctor has suggested novlan (descon) tablets to complete the course. The 21 days of pack is finished. Now what should we understand. Little confuse. Please help to understand me. Thanks.
I am 26 years old. Feb 2 2015 I got married. I am working in printing press computer designer. Still not conceive. I have regular white discharge (for ex. Emotion, happy, sad etc.) its coming. If white discharge comes my conceive is possible or not. Pls kindly tel me some solution.
There are a number of parts in the human body, which cannot be easily accessed. In times of disease or other complications, it becomes difficult for doctors and other medical practitioners to access those areas of the body in order to facilitate proper treatment. This not only leads to aggravation of the disease and further complications, but also prolongs the agony. However, technological advancements have made it possible for surgeries and other medical interventions to become easier.
Surgery for the skull base using endoscopy has become the chosen path these days. The reasons for these are as follows:
- The intrusion is minimum.
- There are no ugly scars or stitch marks.
- The patient feels the least amount of pain as compared to any other method of operation.
- It is likely to be far more effective.
The people who choose to go for this sort of an operation are most likely to be suffering with problems with regard to:
- Spinal cord
Since bones and cartilages makeup a major part of the skull structure, the medical practitioner who will be entrusted with the job of taking care of the complexity should be well-versed with the history or cause of the development of the following:
- Cysts that have developed over the years
- Problems which a person may be born with
- Cancerous swellings which may aggravate as the years go by
- Tumours which may not be that harmful as long as they are taken care of swiftly
- Fluid leaks which may make their way to other parts of the body
Different skull bade surgeries are done through nasal endoscope by an ENT surgeon. For example pituitary tumor surgery, repair of brain fluid leakage surgery, etc. Usually, below given are two types of endoscopic skull base surgery, which may be required for a person:
- The minimally invasive type, which does not cause much of an opening
- Open surgery where an incision has to be made in the facial area or somewhere in the vicinity of the complication
Nonetheless, both these measures are equally beneficial and effective as far as outcomes are concerned. Patients who come up with such complaints usually have symptoms like inability to hear properly, numbness, headache and dizziness, and facial pain. These are some of the preliminary signs when a person should get a check up immediately. Also, chemotherapy and radiation therapy can be considered to be some of the options that can be used in conjunction with the endoscopy method of skull base surgery. That way, the chances of a positive outcome will be higher. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Am 20 years old My last period is 12th august My cycle is 28 days I do intercourse daily in my 10th day I do intercourse today but I felt Pani in my abdomen We are in our pregnancy plane My question is Why I felt that pain.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder of the endocrine system in women. It has been found that women suffering from PCOS have enlarged ovaries. These bigger ovaries contain fluids called follicles. During an ultrasound examination, these follicles are seen. If you are suffering from irregular or prolonged menstrual periods, acne, obesity and uncontrolled hair growth, you can get yourself tested for PCOS. However, doctors have failed to determine the exact cause of PCOS. This condition can have dangerous consequences and affect the overall health of the patient. If left untreated, it can cause type 2 diabetes or heart diseases.
What happens in PCOS?
Women suffering from this disorder experience a hormonal imbalance in their body. The hormone changes triggers multiple issues in the body. Sometimes, the body produces an excess of sex hormone. Women may develop masculine features due to overproduction of male hormones or androgens. There might be an imbalance in insulin levels, increasing the risk of developing diabetes.
What causes PCOS?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of PCOS is not known. Researchers have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for developing PCOS. However, some believe that the cause has hereditary links. People with a family history of diabetes are more prone to have PCOD.
Symptoms of PCOS
The symptoms of PCOS are usually mild in nature during the initial stage. In the beginning, only a few symptoms are detectable. These include acne, obesity and extra hair growth on the face, thinning of hair on the scalp and irregular periods. The symptoms often get unnoticed by the patient first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can gynaecologist a doctor and ask a free question.