Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Surve
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi SurveYour feedback matters!
Desire is an elusive thing, especially in women. Anything can disturb it like a scent, a wrong touch or physiological reasons like vaginal dryness. If you want the top ways to treat this desire-dampener, read on.
One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause or perimenopause, after childbirth or during breastfeeding.
- One in every three women falls prey to vaginal dryness during menopause. It can afflict younger women too for a couple of reasons like chemotherapy, breastfeeding, removal of ovaries, certain medicines and endometriosis.
- The moisture in vagina keeps it elastic and once it tapers off, interest in sex wanes and intercourse becomes painful and the vagina feels itchy and stretched. It becomes thinner too.
- The condition is diagnosed through a pelvic exam by your gynaecologist. And the good news is that it can be treated easily.
Topical oestrogen therapy is the most common treatment for vaginal dryness due to low oestrogen levels. This provides oestrogen to the vagina for relieving symptoms. You can choose one of these three types of vaginal oestrogen:
- Vaginal Oestrogen Ring: This can be inserted into the vagina. It is a soft and flexible ring and releases a steady stream of oestrogen directly to the vaginal tissues. It needs to be replaced every three months.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Tablet: This tablet can be inserted into your vagina with an applicator as per instructions of the gynaecologist.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Cream: This cream can be inserted into the vagina using an applicator again as per the doctor’s instructions.
Several side effects are associated with these estrogen products like vaginal bleeding and breast pain.
- It is also contra-indicated for women who have breast cancer or those with a history of endometrial cancer.
- If you have any vaginal bleeding or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use such products.
- In order to keep the vagina more lubricated, try using a vaginal moisturizer like Replens, Lubrin instead.
- Using a water-based lubricant like Astroglide and K-Y jelly before intercourse can take away the pain of intercourse.
- Eat a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins.
- Include more of these- raw pumpkin, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and fish like salmon, mackerel and tuna for their fatty acid content. Also include foods with high plant oestrogens like flaxseed, soy, legumes, cherries, nuts, apples and celery.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- And, last but not the least, do regular exercise. Twenty minutes of fast walking will keep your heart strong and up the blood supply to your pelvic region and improve your hormonal balance.
Abortion is the process of terminating pregnancy. It is induced, either by the use of medications or by surgical procedure. The term abortion is usually used to denote induced termination. Unsafe sex is one of the major causes of abortion, even though it is legal under a number of circumstances in most countries. The term miscarriage is used to denote spontaneous termination of pregnancy before a fetus develops. In other words, miscarriage is denoted as spontaneous abortion in medical terms.
What are the causes of abortion?
Causes of an abortion or miscarriage may be due to fetal or maternal complications. Some of the fetal factors include:
- Unwanted pregnancy
- Abnormal development of fetus, either due to abnormal chromosomes or teratogenic factors.
- Immunological factors
- Problems with implantation
- Serious health diseases like kidney disease
What are the homeopathic treatments for abortion?
Homeopathic medication system is one of the most popular and widely accepted holistic medication approaches used all over the world. The choice of remedy for any disease is based on individualized symptoms and lifestyle habits using a holistic method. In such a way, a state of complete wellness can be achieved by eliminating all the signs and symptoms that the patient is suffering from. The main objective of homeopathy is not just to manage the adverse effects of abortion.
Some of the homeopathic remedies that are beneficial in treating abortion or miscarriage are given below:
- Aconite Nap: Helpful in treating anxiety, excitement or fear experienced before the procedure.
- Apis Mel: Medication used during the 3rd month of pregnancy
- Aletris Far: Treats conditions of typical abortion that is done due to anemia or weakness or other conditions affecting the mother
- Arnica Montana: To manage abortion that is done after an accident to treat the mother
- Baptisia: Used in treating abortion is done due to shock, fever or mental depression. Often used for women under the age of 21.
- Sepia: Used when there is an abortion during fifth to seventh month of pregnancy.
- Thuja: Used to treat women who have a history of gonorrhea.
- Syphilinum: Used for treatment when there the abortion is done due to syphilis.
Related Tip: "Methods of Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy"
I have sexual problem that I never do sex with girl or any women but I had physical relations with my male friends in past and now I am close to get married within year so please help me. I want to increase my male power male sexual power towards womens and girls. I seriously want to be with girl only but I have fear that what happened if I am not satisfying my partner sexually after marriage and specially at first night? I can not imagine. Please help. Me I can do anything to be change my sexual power and more sexual male. Help me please. I just want to be a stud. Sexually powerful men. Please help me doctor. Help me
Hi I am 28 years old. I am 14 weeks pregnant now. I have been diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and I am on medication with glycomet. I hav been closely monitoring my blood glucose level and it is always been under the normal range during fasting between 87-102 mg/dl. However, the post breakfast range (after 2 hours) keeps fluctuating between 141-157 mg/dl. My last post breakfast range was 145 mg/dl. My Doc has asked me to take insulin shots. My first question, is it necessary to take insulin for these ranges. I have been doing walkings and adapted to lifestyle changes and following my diet strictly. Is it safe to consume insulin? Would it affect my baby?
My daughter is 15 years old, she is having pain in stomach areas from three days, she passes stool semi solid form and pain is not continous it is generally twice or thrice in a day. She have irregular menstrual periods too, last period she attended was last week, after three months gap. Kindly suggest should I follow up her pediatrician or some other doc?
Last month my periods was late for 5 day s had cycloreg on 5th day n got my periods this month my periods were late for 8 days had cycloreg once on 8th day had my periods is there any side effects for this.
Hello viewers, I am Dr Purnima Jain. I am practising Obstetrics and Gynaecology from last 17 years. In this video, I am going to talk about Pregnancy Care and the different investigations required during pregnancy.
Pregnancy is the most happiest period of a women's life but at the same time, women goes through various emotional conflicts during this epriod. So, she is happy about her pregnancy but at the same time, she is worried about the various ailments which affect during pregnancy. Also, she is scared about various investigations and scans which are being done repeatedly. So, she should be explained and informed and explained about various things which are required during pregnancy.
I am tyelling you the things which are commonly practised by all the gynaecologist. There may be different view of different doctors but the goal of all is same, that is, to have a healthy abby and a healthy mother at the end of pregnancy. And to achieve this, I think that the patient should be well informed because a well informed patient will enjoy her pregnancy and after the period is over, she will have a better outcome.
How to calculate the expected date of delivery?
The first question which patient asks is when will be the delivery date. So, we should know that how to calculate the expected date of delivery. Usually the duration of pregnancy is about 40 weeks or 280 days and it is calculated from the last day of periods. It is a simple method of calculation is, from last menstrual period + 9 months + 1 week gives the expected date of delivery. Suppose your Last month od periods was 10th.oct, 2016 then the expected date of delivery will be 17th.july, 2017.
Secondly, we divide pregnancy into 3 trimesters.
1st Trimester is from 1- 12 weeks.
2nd Trimester is from 12-28 weeks.
3rd Trimester is from 29-40 weeks.
The division of these three trimesters is necessary because problems during different period are different and care during different period are different.
In 1st Trimester, as soon as you diagnose your pregnancy, one should visit a gynaecologist and get registered with the gynaecologist because at this time, we need to get certain investigations done and patients usually have some problems like vomiting and most frequent problem during 1st trimester is problem of abortion. The routine investigation which are done during 1st trimester are Haemoglobin, serum TSH level, blood group, HIV, Hepatitis B surface antigens, BDRL, blood sugar levels, routine urine test, microscopic examination, IGM levels and if required HPMC level.
Ultrasound scan is usually done on 6th week for the confirmation of pregnancy, viability and in the later time for dating of pregnancy.
2nd trimester is usually healthier period. Patient usually suffer least problems. But during the 2nd trimester, at 16th week, we give first tetanus toxoid injections. And on 18th week, we do anomaly scan and triple or quad test. On 20th week, 2nd dose of tetanus toxoid is given. On 24th week, we do blood sugar test fastinga nd after meals. On 22nd week, if required a Fetal echo is done. If required means, if there is a malformation history of previous child or if the mother is suffering from hypertension, heart failure etc. Duering 2ns trimester, irona nd calcium supplementations are usually started and diet counselling is done.
During 3rd trimester, on 28th week, a color doppler test is done to see fetal growth and well being. On 32nd week, routine check up is done. And on 36th week, a repeat ultrasound for fetal representation is done.
After 36th week, a patient should visit gynaecologist every week to avoid complications.
For further information, please contact me through Lybrate.