Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi BhagaliYour feedback matters!
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello mam yesterday mne ultrasound krwaya or travelling ki bus mai kisi wajh s muje Halka Halka brown discharge nikl rha h meri last period 20mar ko aaya tha per doctor k khne pr mne ultrasound krwaya jissmai baby ko only 5 week hui h or no heart beat please suggest me.
I am pregnant. Urine testing machine showed positive symbol. After Ultra Sono graphy doctor found a sac but no fetal pole detected. Doctor prescribed to take Fol123 and rest for two weeks and then I have to make another USG. Is this a symbol of miss-courage?
Hello, I am 20 years old and I want to loose my virginity with my boyfriend but I panic so much about the pain. I always stop when we reach there I am really ashamed of it. I am having doubts about myself now. Please help me be positive and give me the courage. I am not able to be mentally prepared. I am having doubts about myself and if I can ever do it. please help me overcome these negative thoughts.
I am 23 weeks and 4 days pregnant. My USG reports are all normal and baby measurements are also as per the time frame. Though I can't still distinguish the kicks, roll ups etc, I can feel the baby movement as well. However I don't have any baby bump. I'm still my normal self. How is that possible? When will I show up? Also, I have to travel almost 32 km each side to and from my office. The road conditions is not so good like rest of the part of Kolkata. Can this harmful movement everyday affect the baby? When would it be ideal to the break from office?
My wife is not pregnant since 8 month and he is depressed this problem. I have no idea. Before 3 days starting period his body is pain. White liquid continue passing. And after 2 day it is failure.
Hello, I want to ask about my mother. We have noticed that at night her BP increases to around 140. Why BP increase at night? She has feeling of ghabrahat. She has done ECG and ECHO test around 2 months ago and it was fine. Doctor has told to take BP medicine Telvas 40. And she also feels breathing problem at night. We went to ENT doctor and he said that mucus is there in sinuses. He has given allergy medicines for that. Please tell what to do.
Nowadays more and more homes and other buildings have air-conditioning to cool the place in the heat of summer. Consequently, many people now suffer From pain that becomes worse when they are sitting in their office equipped with air-conditioning, and they Improve spontaneously once they leave the office and go out in sun. Thus they form a clear impression that cold places are bad and warm places are good for them,
which is true. This is because our skin pores stay relatively open in the summer in order that we may sweat and keep our body temperature down. However, this Also provides a very good opportunity for invasion of
Cold, as the artificially cooled air can enter the body through the opened pores. Being characterised by Contraction and stagnation, cold may cause closure of the skin pores; this results in accumulation of cold in. The joints and muscles, so leading to pain due to qi And blood stagnation. Moreover, since the skin pores Are now closed, internal heat cannot easily leave the Body in sweat evaporation, so accumulated cold can soon change into heat, leading to symptoms of that aggravation, including redness, hotness, pain and swollen joints and muscles.