Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Bhagali
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi BhagaliYour feedback matters!
Hi there. She is 36 years old had lumps in right side breast 4 cm one year back it was 2 cm doc did mammography n scanning he said we ll see after 6 month no medicine nothing wt to do I want permanent treatment. please suggest can it turn in to cancer.
My wife has ovarian cyst I visit so many doctors but didn't work and I wanted know about it what happened in it?
I am 25 yrs old girl and I am not getting menstrual flow from past 2 months and I am getting married next month so please tell me what to do?
My wife has cyst in ovaries and fibrgolia in uterus. My doc says it is because of hormonal changes in females I hope it is not caused by masturbation in females and secondly it is uncommon in female as compared with mens.
I'm female, 30 years old me n my husband are at same age ,we are eagerly waiting for kids ,last year I got abortion In my 8 month of pregnancy due to iugri in kid doctor told me that it's seen in 7th month due to high bp ok now I'm pregnant after 1 years instead of that incident doctor told me there30,% of chance may be happened like last time I'm very much afraid for that now I'm pregnant of nearly 5th month please suggest me some thing Good that not to be happened in my past because I'm have no patience to listen any kind of bad news regarding this mentally n physically I'm very weak in this please suggest me Good food. Good medicine something please now I'm using folic acid tablet n iron tablet n escorpin 75 mg tablet anything else doctor please suggest me.
Conversion disorder is a psychological disorder in which psychological conflicts get converted into physical symptoms.
The disease is also referred to as a functional neurological symptom disorder. In most cases, this disorder has an impact on your ability to move, your senses, vision, hearing capacity and ability to swallow.
The main cause behind the onset of a conversion disorder is generally a sudden traumatic event (real or imagined). This may also happen due to an emotional conflict or any other mental health disorder, which directly or indirectly affects your brain in an undesirable manner.
Though the exact factors which cause the disease are still unknown, it has been proved by medical researchers that the disorder affects that part of the brain which controls the majority of the senses, muscles, and nerves.
The symptoms of this condition may usually appear immediately after a traumatic event, be it physical or psychological. Some of the most common symptoms of this disorder are listed below.
- Weakness or paralysis of a body part
- Loss of body balance
- Moments of unresponsiveness
- Abnormal, sudden and abrupt body movements such as tremors
- Swallowing problems such as lump in the throat
Some of the symptoms of this disorder might also affect the sensory organs, which include:
- Abnormal numbness of the body
- Speech related problems or inability to speak (psychological mutism)
- Vision related problems such as psychological blindness
- Hearing problems and difficulties
I am having cheese yellowish discharge with itching n folic Smell from last 3.5 yrs. Taken many medicines n tests done like urine culture, t sh, diabetes. All reports r nirmal. Still problem comes after 2 months of medications. Please suggest what I do now n what is the causes of this infection. How do I keep myself hygienic. I am 8 month pregnant n this is my first pregnancy.
Ayurveda addresses the physical, mental and emotional well-being of a person. According to Ayurveda, emotional instability is caused by miscommunication between the head and the heart. Here are ten ayurvedic tips to uplift your emotions and calm your inner self.
- Go to bed on time: A good night's sleep is essential not only for your physical health, but also for your mental health. Try going to bed by 9 pm on a regular basis. This will give you a restful night's sleep and allow you to awake feeling refreshed.
- Wake up with the sun: An early start to the day keeps you from feeling dull and tired and boosts your energy levels. This also prevents build-up of toxins in your body and helps keep circulation and internal communication lines clear.
- Go outdoors: Start your day by taking a walk outdoors early morning. This releases positive neurohormones that elevate your mood and activates the body's energy centres.
- Avoid constipation: Clearing the waste created by your body on a daily basis is crucial to having a calm persona and not suffering from low mood swings problem. Drink plenty of water and make it a habit to eliminate your bowels at a particular time of the day to prevent constipation. Eating food rich in fiber or eating a few prunes, figs or cooked apples before going to bed can also help prevent constipation.
- Eat food that is easy to digest: Food that is easy to digest does not cause bloating and other indigestion-related problems. It also prevents the buildup of toxic chemicals and boosts immunity. When your physical health is good, your mood gets elevated as well.
- Try herbs and spices: Spices and herbs help the body absorb nutrients and prevent the buildup of toxins in your body. Try including flavouring agents like turmeric, amla, peppermint oil, coconut oil and cumin in your food to make yourself feel happier.
- Get a massage: A massage relaxes the body and eases stress. It also releases toxins, improves circulation and invigorates the body. Use any oil you like for a massage as each has its own unique properties.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the cornerstones of good physical and mental health. Aim for at least half an hour rigrous exercise or break it into smaller intervals as per your time suitability. Yoga can also be very beneficial when it comes to elevating your mood.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is the yogic way of breathing. This teaches you to breathe slowly and consciously so as to release pent up anger, stress etc and calm the mind.
- Meditate: Regular meditation at the beginning or end of each day can also help calm the body and mind.
My cousin did not want any pregnancy but his girl friend getting 1 month of pregnancy what should he do for abortion by medicine.
I am a 20yrs old girl and I am suffering from severe stomach ache during my periods. So I am taking a tablet" meftalspas" I got married also. So I want to know whether it will cause harmful for my body or any side effects? How can I reduce my pain?
The vagina is composed of labia majora, labia minora and the clitoral head. In labiaplasty, the appearance of the external genitalia, specifically the labia minora are altered. The labia minora are the flaps of skin on either side of the vagina. With age and/or pregnancy, these can become dark, can sag or can enlarge over a period of time. While some women simply are bothered by the aesthetic appearance of it, others might have discomfort as a result of this.
This is where labiaplasty plays a critical role. It can remove the darkened folds and the excess tissue, creating a more symmetric and aesthetic appearance. The accompanying discomfort is also gone, producing both a psychological as well as a physical improvement. However, it is important for a woman to understand that having some folds in this area is quite normal and should not require any intervention. Also, this surgery is not for women less than 18 years of age as growth is not complete yet in these girls.
Once you have decided to go ahead with this procedure, be careful to place yourself in the hands of a good surgeon. Check for their testimonials and get all your doubts cleared. It is advisable to ask if there were failures and how they were handled, how complications that may arise are managed. In the wrong hands, things can go wrong in this surgery. Most doctors would like to set expectations and ask the patient in detail the exact reasons for and the expectations from the procedure. This is very important to avoid dissatisfaction for both the doctor and the patient.
What is done?
Using either a local anesthetic or a general anesthetic, the patient is sedated. The tissue of the labia minor is then reshaped using either a scalpel or laser. The loose ends of the tissue are sutured using absorbable sutures. These sutures will dissolve over the next few days. This procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and does not require hospitalization.
What should you expect after the procedure?
Complete recovery may take up to a couple of months. During this period, rest from work is advisable. In addition to ample rest, you must follow the suggestions given below:
- Use cool packs to reduce the swelling and soreness
- Take painkillers to manage the pain
- The area must be kept clean, dry and free of infection
- Prefer loose clothing to avoid rubbing in the area
- Refrain from sex for a couple of weeks
- Avoid using tampons; use sanitary pads instead
Complications could range from bleeding, infection, allergic reaction to anesthetic, blood clots, reduced sensitivity of the genitalia, to unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance. These need to be managed between the cosmetic surgeon and the patient.
The daily stress and responsibilities of modern life mean that it is hard for a person to feel on top of the world all the time. Many people have gone ahead and accepted this as a truth of life. But what if there was the possibility of feeling good each day? Can you imagine the effect it would have on the satisfaction and productivity of a person? Well, the ancient field of Ayurveda, to a certain extent, is beneficial in this case. Here are a few tips, which may help you feel better.
- Clean your tongue regularly using a tongue scraper. According to Ayurveda, cleaning your tongue helps clean your body and stimulate the internal organs of the body. In addition to this, it is also believed that the bad bacteria which is present in the body is reduced to quite an extent by doing this.
- Avoid having ice cold water, even when the temperature is at a peak. According to Ayurveda, this is not the right thing to be done. In fact, an individual should have warm water throughout the year. This helps in reducing the amount of metabolic waste, which is present in the human body. Also, warm water is a natural choice for people who are keen on not getting a bad throat.
- Have timely meals because each person has a body clock and when a person is following the tenets of Ayurveda, the meal times would be well in sync with the body clock. The risk of this not being the case results in improper digestion and leads to a person feeling heavy instead of satiated.
- Keep a check on the quantity of food you consume in every meal. For most people, lunch is the heaviest meal to be had. As a matter of fact, as the day comes to a close, the amount of food which one should eat must be reduced. An early dinner is a very good idea. Also post dinner snacks must be strictly avoided.
- Ensure you take adequate rest every day as it is very important for maintaining the fitness of a human body. Good quality sleep also plays a vital role in keeping you healthy. Avoid staying up late at night as it hampers proper sleep. Additionally, regular exercise is needed, which again is very helpful in keeping your body active and running. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Last year I had undergone pregnancy termination at 17 weeks due to spina bifida lumbosacral spine. Ths year I again conceived my lmp 22 march 2016. I am having thyroid antibodies tpo atg 613 and tsh now drag down to 1.64 as I am in 19 weeks. Also my hemoglobin getting down now at 7 and lost 6 kg weight from 67 to 61. I did anomaly scan thankfully seems to be alright. Pls guide me precautions measure and what diet and things to follow until my delivery and that can help my baby grow healthy and fine.
My actual periods time is 17th in a month. Before that on 12th I suck and fingering my gf pussy. Now it's 22 still now she can't getting periods on this month. Why still now she is not getting periods? She is any chance to get pregnancy?
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and cesarean section (c-section).
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition.
I am 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. I had my sonography yesterday. A septum is found out in it. Will I have a safe pregnancy. Please suggest something what should I do.
Causes and Symptoms of Hemophilia
Hemophilia is a genetic disorder, which is marked by improper blood clotting. In this bleeding disorder, a person suffers from low levels of certain proteins called clotting factors, which aid in the process of blood clotting. There are 13 types of factors that combine with platelets to help in the formation of a blood clot. People who suffer from hemophilia start bleeding due to minor reasons and their blood takes a very long time to clot.
Causes of Hemophilia
Depending on the type, the causes of hemophilia can vary. There are three types of hemophilia, namely hemophilia A, B, and C.
- Hemophilia A, the most commonly occurring form, is caused by a deficiency of factor VIII.
- Hemophilia B, also known as Christmas disease, is caused by the lack of factor IX.
- Hemophilia C, on the other hand, occurs due to the lack of factor XI.
However, hemophilia is a genetic condition, which usually passes down from generation to generation. A defect in the genes, which causes the body to make factors VIII, IX, or XI causes the condition. These particular genes are located in the X-chromosomes and, thus, it makes hemophilia an X-linked recessive disorder.
What are the symptoms of hemophilia?
The intensity of symptoms would depend upon the seriousness of the factor deficiency. A person with a serious deficiency may bleed for no apparent reason, which is also known as spontaneous bleeding.
Some of the symptoms of this bleeding disorder are:
- Blood in the urine and stool
- Large, deep bruises
- Excessive bleeding
- Bleeding gums
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Pain and stiffness in the joints
- Irritability and anxiety
- Severe headaches
- Repeated vomiting
- Neck pain
- Cloudy or foggy vision
- Extreme sleepiness