Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi I am 26 years unmarried girl, I missed my periods last month, my last period date was 13-02-2016. After that I had intercourse on 15th and consumed ipill and again on 19 and 20th I got period for two days. I got checked myself with pregnancy test card and blood test for pregnancy from lal path lab. But both tests were negative means I am not pregnant. Then I consumed 10 tablets regestrone 5mg tablets for three days (three tablets in a day) on 11, 12, 13 april 2016 and one on 14th april 2016. But till date no periods. Kindly suggest me on this. An early reply will help me to get out of stress. Thanks in advance.
Studies show that regular exercise makes our grey skills more active. That means we have a sort of a win-win situation - while we get a fit body, we also get smarter! here is how exercise impacts your intelligence.
1) exercise for greater endurance -all of us who run, cycle, swim or indulge in any similar activities face a challenge where we hit the wall. There comes a time when we feel we cannot go further and are ready to give up. Research has shown that regular exercise helps improve mental endurance and helps get rid of mental blocks.
2) yoga for clarity - yoga requires a lot of focus and patience. There are poses which require great amounts of concentration. Regular practice of yoga brings about improved mental clarity.
3) to stay focused - resistance training involves a lot of concentration and patience. Studies had shown that people who did regular workouts that involved strength training could stay focused better with almost no distractions even in their daily lives.
4) better decision making: studies have shown that people who worked out have better decision making power compared to people who didn't as their body as well as brain muscles are more active.
5) to increase productivity - on busy days, we decide to skip our workout because work needs more time. What we don't consider is that if we exercise, it will increase our productivity. This is solely because when our body exercises, more oxygen reaches our brain. This facilitates overall brain function.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have pcos problem from around 10 years. Consulted many doctors. They gave me BCPs for regularising it. But all and all in vein. I am fed up of all these things. Today my condition is that I am not getting periods since last 3 months. I am not married not physically intimated and clearly not pregnant. Situation is worst with my mental peace. I am fed up with that allopathy treatments because doctors say that there is no permanent cure. Only thing they want to do is to put me on medication until I complete my family and suggesting me to get marry soon and start family. I am literally fed up with this disease. Pls help me out any one. Is there any way to make my life normal again like via homeopathy, Naturopathy. Pls help me pls.
I have pcod since 1.5 year. Im taking ginette 35. I have taken 3 cycles. My thyroid and prolactin are normal. No anemia. I feel am gaining weight. My periods are irregular since 5 years. So please suggest me sme ayurvedic medicines for pcod and for weight control.
I have a babygirl who is 5 month old I want to know how I can avoid pregnancy for next 2 years. I want have sex with my wife on regular basis without using condoms. Is there any safe practice.
I am not happy with my wife in bed she don't support to me on bed She loves me also and she was virgin at 1st night what is the problem.
Hi doctor I'm 26 my wife 22 both r do sex first time. I insert penis to her vagina she get hurt and cried after later she have pain and irritated when urinate. Is there any problem Note: we get into relationships in 5th day of her period.
I haven't got periods for 3 months. I just have periods which is prolonging for more than 10days now. What should I do to stop it? Am a PCOD patient.
Doctor I want to get pregnant but not getting why I removed coper-t 11 months over but no result any tips for getting pregnant. I have 1 baby she is 2 years 5 months now c-section please tell me.
Hi I have my girlfriend her age is 28 and 55kg weight often we talk each other on different topics and my girlfriend feeling wet when we talk about sex. When we start romance aftr 3 minutes she is feeling wet and little fluid comes out. Is it ok? Please tell me.
I had sex with my boyfriend after that my periods were not regular. Before doing sex my periods were of 4-5 days but now only 2 days. Please tell me is there any problem. If it is then what is the solution.
Hi doctor. I am 3 months married girl. I am noticing from last two three times that whenever me and my husband do intercourse I get itching while doing and moreover we both can't discharge properly. Please tell me what is the problem my husband is under medication of depression ?
I am a 20 year old female, sexually active and I am 2 days late on my periods. I have thick white odorless vaginal discharge and a lot of gas. I took a pregnancy test which was negative, could I still be pregnant?
The diagnosis of menopause is made after periods have stopped for at least 1 year after the age of 40 due to reducing ovarian activity.The age span can vary between 45 to 55 and the median age is 52 years.Menopause occurring before the age of 40 is premature and one needs to consult a Gynaecologist.
The time span for several months to several years leading to menopause is called perimenopause.The periods during this time may become irregular and the patient may experience hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety, mood swings etc; 30-60% of women may experience emotional symptoms at this time. The major symptoms include:
- Hot Flushes and Night seats
- Vaginal dryness
- Tiredness and sleep disturbances
- Mood swings and lack of concentration
- Loss of interest in having sex
Every woman experiences menopause differently. A few will have a combination of different mild symptoms while others will have more severe symptoms.Some women choose to go through menopause without any treatment whereas others prefer to have hormonal or non-hormonal medications to help control their symptoms.
However it is important to consult a Gynaecologist as irregular periods and other symptoms may be due to other pathologies and may need investigating.
A healthy lifestyle is very important during this time to maintain good bone health and general health.Regular aerobic exercises like swimming, jogging, brisk walking and in general maintaining an active lifestyle and maintaining an optimal body mass index is very important and helps in preventing osteoporosis, heart disease etc;
- Low-intensity exercises such as yoga may help to reduce hot flushes and boost general well-being.
- Reducing intake of tea/coffee/ caffeinated drinks will help reduce hot flushes and night sweats.
- Vaginal lubricants and moisturisers help in reducing vaginal dryness during intercourse.
- Also equally important is having a diet rich in Calcium, proteins and low in fat and refined carbohydrates like sweets and junk foods.
- Soya-based foods like soya beans, chickpeas, peas are rich is phytoestrogens nad may help in reducing perimenopausal/ menopausal symptoms.
- Getting an annual health check up done helps in identifying risks earlier and taking appropriate actions earlier on.
- Women should have regular PAP smears, BP check, Mammograms, Lipid profile done and other tests if clinically indicated.
Finally, it is best to consult a Gynaecologist if a woman is having any perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be instituted.