Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManishaYour feedback matters!
Why there is burning sensation in the vagina after sex. My quest is why it is happen When I had intercourse wind by husband. After that whenever I pee there is a burning sensation. V use coconut oil as a lube. Plus ans.
I am 31 years old. Now I am planning for baby so I consulted Dr. In my ultrasound (tvs) result it is showing septa 6.4mm. My Dr. asked me for operation. So I want to know whether I should for operation or not.
Period ke baad kya karu ki pregnancy jaldi ho jae. Kya iski koi medicin ati h jisse ovulation time pe ho.
Mere breast m skin ke ander ek moti jaisa daana h jo kaafi mahino se ek hi condition m h. Dard nhi krta ise kaise htaya jaaye?
Can dual markers blood test for testing down syndrome in fetus happens in the 14th week? I am 13 weeks 4 days pregnant. Please advise.
My wife had thyroid? and her amh level is very low, she is not getting pregnant. Please any advice or treatment.
10 CARDINAL SYMPTOMS OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY-
1-EXCESSIVE BODYACHE- THIS IS MAIN SYMPTOM OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE LOSS ALL YOUR ENERGY AT THE END OF THE DAY AND IF YOU BECOME TIRED EVEN AFTER SLIGHT WORK, IT MAY REPRESENT VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
2-UNEXPAINED DEPRESSION-IF YOU HAVE LOW MOOD, WHICH IS UNEXPLAIN BY YOUR SITUATION, THAN YOU HAVE TO GO FOR VITAMIN D TEST
3- TINGING AND NUMBNESS OF LIMBS-IF YOU FEEL PIN PRICKING SENSATION IN YOUR HANDS AND FEETS, THAN YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
4- MUSCULAR CRAMPS-SUDDEN TIGHTNESS OF MUSCLES ESPECIALLY IN CALF AREA. SOMETIME IN ANKLE, THIGH, ARM, WRIST, FINGERS ETC. SUGGESTIVE OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
5-RESTLESS LEGS AT NIGHT-IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR BODY IS PAINING SPECIELLY LEGS, WHEN YOU ARE RELAXING. YOU FEEL SOME RELEIF BY MOVING YOUR LEGS. IT GENERALLY HAPPENS IN NIGHT AND FEELING OF RELATION BY STRACHING OF LEGS REMAIN UNTILL YOU ARE NOT FALLING IN SLEEP.IT ALSO SUGGESTIVE OF VITANIN D DEFICIENCY
6- UNCONTROLLED DIABETES- IF YOUR SUGAR IS NOT CONTROLLED BY MEDICATION, EVEN AFTER APPROPRIATE DOSE AND SUGAR LEVEL HAS FLUACTUATIONS THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING
7- RECURRENT INFECTION-IF YOU GET COLD/COUGH/FEVER ON SLIGHT CHANGE IN WHETHER OR SLIGHT CHENGE IN DIET, IT MEANS YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
8-NECK PAIN- IF YOU SUFFER FROM NECK PAIN A ND YOU THINK THAT IT IS DUE TO SO CALLED “CERVICAL”, THAN YOU MAY BE WRONG. MOST OF NECK PAIN IS DUE TO LACK OF VITAMIN D
9- BACKACHE AND LUMBER ACHE-IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM IN LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHT, BENDING, OR YOU HAVE PERSISTENT LOW BACKACHE SOMETIME CALLED AS “DISC BULGE” AND “SCIATICA”, THAN IT IS POSSIBLITY THAT YOU MAY SUFFER FROM VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
10- SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS-IF YOUR SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS IS NOT COMES UNDER CONTROL EVEN AFTER PROPER MEDICATION OR IT REAPPEAR AFTER SOMETIME , THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING.
I have a, STD not HIV and I would like to have, a,protected gay sex Should I have any problem would I catch hiv.
I am 27 and having severe body ache. I am not able to sit for more than half an hour as my back aches alot and can not walk for more than half a km. As m getting bad leg ache. I think it is due to pre-menstrual issues. Though, I got my periods today and still getting this issue. Kindly suggest.
It is likely for you to experience false labour pain or false contractions before the beginning of true labour during pregnancy. This is called Braxton Hicks contractions, and it is the way of telling the body to get ready for the real labour pain on the day of giving birth. However, these false contractions do not indicate that the labour has started or will begin shortly.
How do false labour contractions feel like?
Women may get a tightening feeling in their abdomen, which comes and goes away, due to Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. These false contractions may feel like menstrual cramps. These contractions are unlike true labour and usually do not cause pain. They do not occur regularly and do not get closer together. They do not last for very long or get worse with time. These false contractions may be felt during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
The difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions
There are several differences between true labor pain and false labour contractions. These are as follows:
- Comparing how often these contractions occur allows us to differentiate between true labour pains and false contractions. False labour contractions are irregular while true contractions occur at regular intervals. They last for over a minute, and they get stronger and closer with the passage of time.
- The change in these contractions are based on your movement, which allows us to differentiate between the two types. False labour contractions may end when you take a walk or rest, and stop when you change your position. In case of true labour pains, the contractions keep on continuing irrespective of any kind of movement or change in position. They do not stop even when you take some rest.
- The strength of true labour pain and false contractions is different. False labor contractions are weak in general and there are less chances of them getting worse. They are stronger in the beginning and gradually weaken. However, true labour contractions get increasingly stronger with time.
- We can differentiate between the two types of contractions on the basis of the areas which are affected with pain. False labour contractions only cause slight pain in the front part of the abdomen and the pelvis. True labour pain is much more intensive in nature. They usually begin from the lower back and move to the front abdomen region. They may start in the abdomen and move back as well.
If you are not sure and cannot differentiate between true labour pains and Braxton Hicks contractions, it is essential for you to consult a gynaecologist. A doctor will be able to identify the true nature of the contractions.
I was very Fair in my Childhood Mean till 3 rd Std. Aftr it bcoz of Playing outside whole day my fairness gone I wanna regain my Fairness again now am 21. please help.
As the new year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins c and e which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin e and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a herbal expert.
Every month before or during menstrual cycle I am suffering from headache nd vomiting. How can I get rid of this? Why it is happening to me?
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
- One of the two ovaries releases a mature egg.
- The egg is picked up by the fallopian tube.
- Sperm swim up the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube to reach the egg for fertilization.
- The fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- The fertilized egg implants and grows in the uterus.
In women, a number of factors can disrupt this process at any step. Female infertility is caused by one or more of these factors.
Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be caused by flaws in the regulation of reproductive hormones by the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland, or by problems in the ovary itself.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body, and acne. It’s the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) — are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle. Excess physical or emotional stress, a very high or very low body weight, or a recent substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt this pattern and affect ovulation. The main sign of this problem is irregular or absent periods.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased estrogen production under the age of 40.
- Too much prolactin. Less commonly, the pituitary gland can cause excess production of prolactin (hyperprolactinemia), which reduces estrogen production and may cause infertility. Most commonly this is due to a problem in the pituitary gland, but it can also be related to medications you’re taking for another disease.