Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Bhatia
Submit a review for Dr. Manish BhatiaYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of prostate enlargement and what are the steps to take to overcome it, if I have it?
I am recovering from blood cancer . It is been 4 years now and am unmarried. How about the possibilities of me getting into healthy land wat should be done to put on weight and be healthy. Recommend some intakes.
My name is Dr Vandana Singh, I am a gynaecologist practising at the women clinic at sector- 30, Noida and my field of choice are high-risk pregnancy and infertility.Today, I want to talk about cervical cancer which is the most common cancer in India in women.
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the lowermost part of the uterus called cervix. This virus is caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus. This virus comes around in 90-100 days but in that 4 types of human papillomavirus can cause infection and then cause cervical cancer in the future. Some women get infected with this virus in their early reproductive stage and in 5-10 % cases this HPV virus infection catch cord can cause cervical cancer in future. There is a vaccine which is available nowadays for last 10 to 15 years and the awareness for this vaccine is very less in our country. I want to create awareness for this cervical cancer vaccination. This cervical cancer vaccination is for females around 9-14 years, but we can give up to 45 years.
Cervarix is all against human papilloma virus and we give this vaccine in three doses, 0, then one month, then 6 months.
The Gardasil is also available against the human papilloma virus and the doses of this vaccine are at 0 doses, then 2 months, then 6 months. Gardasil can be given to male also to prevent the ward infection in males. This vaccine can be given at the age of 9 years, but according to the WHO recommendation we should give it to people at 10 to 14 years and the doses are different according to the age group.
If you want further information about the vaccination and the benefit of the vaccination and who can get this vaccination, you can call me at my number and can definitely book an appointment from the lybrate.com.
I am 30 years male, I would like to ask about my aunt who is suffering from colon cancer is there any way cure this diseases without operation.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer
1. Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.
Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
2. History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
3. Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
4. Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father side also has ovarian cancer.
5. Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
6. Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
7. Age of Menstruation and Menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
8. Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Walnuts Shields From Colon Cancer
Eating 28 grams of walnuts everyday may change gut bacteria in a way that suppresses colon cancer a new research has found by university of Connecticut Health centre in United States
Walnuts has the most poly unsaturated fatty acids of all the commonly eaten tree nuts as well as the highest ratio of Omega - 3 to Omega - 6 fatty acids and high levels of a form of Vitamin E with anti cancer properties
They found that walnut consumption tended to push the gut microbiome toward an ecology that was potentially protective against Cancer.