Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mandar RanadeYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had unprotected sex with my partner on 20th march night and had my last period on 1st march. I hv very regular periods. I took emergency contraceptive pill on 21st march. Could I get pregnant in this case? What are the chances of pregnancy? Can I take a home pregnancy test today?
My stomach is paining badly in the are where it pains during periods. But my periods are yet to come. What would be the reasons?
- Fight against excess weight.
- Natural source of energy & stamina.
- Low calorie seeds.
- Good for skin & hair problems
Hi, I am suffering from thyroid Tsh-6.10,pcod and overweight and also having a conceiving problem. Doctor prescribed me Thyronorm 25 mcg. Should I take metformin and folic acid for pcod and conceiving problem. Is it ok to take metformin with Thyronorm.
What is the right time for a lady in her menstrual cycle to achieve pregnancy? This is just a query.
How can a 3-4 months pregnancy be aborted using pills? Suggest me the required medicines please for successful abortion.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
Hi I got my periods 9 days ago and till date I am bleeding. I have no idea why is this happening its more than a week now. It makes me irritated and a lot weak. Can you advise what shall I do and why is it happening?
Dear doctor, My weight is so less just 33 kg and my breast size is 25 I want to increase my breast so please give me idea what I do. And How?
Psychosomatic disorder, now more commonly referred to as psychophysiologic illness, is an illness whose symptoms are caused by mental processes of the sufferer rather than immediate physiological causes. If a medical examination can find no physical or organic cause, or if an illness appears to result from emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression or guilt, then it might be classified as psychosomatic.
However, the term "psychosomatic" has developed a negative connotation in recent years, as many people mistakenly believe it to mean that the patient is "making up" his or her symptoms such as pain, has "mental problems," or is otherwise malingering. This is not its true meaning, as psychosomatic pain, for example, is very real pain, and is caused by unconscious rather than conscious sources, and is perfectly normal and not under conscious control.
Psychosomatic symptoms show that a human body can create physical symptoms that compensate for relationship deficiencies. (For example, hypnosis-induced allergic reactions indicate that a person's immune response can dramatically change during an intense mind-body relationship).
Very often, psychosomatic illness is influenced by external factors or players. Severe stress caused by factors in work, relationship, and family are known to cause bowel illness and accompanying dehydration, stomach or headaches, nausea, incontinence, or loss of hair.
Somatopsychic illness is an illness where the mental and psychological processes of the sufferer are affected by physiological causes. Emotional conditions similar to psychosomatic illness are experienced as well as decreased mental functioning. Physiological factors involved include, but are not limited to, cases of persons diagnosed with chronic pain and/or a physical disorder, cases where the person experiences frequent episodes of pain over a long period of time, and cases where a person has exacerbated levels of physical pain over a prolonged period of time..
Although psychosomatic disease might improve or disappear following suggestion by a recognized authority, both the psycho and somatic aspects of psychosomatic symptoms may vanish if people improve the relationship of mind to body. Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, for example, are usually considered to be psychosomatic illnesses. Like many eating disorders, they respond well to relationship coaching and various forms of psychotherapy.
It is often very difficult to distinguish if a disease has a psychological root, however, it is suggested that 70% of all diseases are the result of anxiety and stress and hence, have a "psychological" root in this sense, even though stress and anxiety themselves involve many biochemical, hormonal and genetic aspects.
Emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression and guilt can be treated using Hypnotherapy and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, among other therapies, although these two particular treatments are considered controversial by many.
Cognitive behavior therapy is a widely-used treatment for anxiety, depression and related disorders.
Many identifiable illnesses have previously been labelled as 'hysterical' or 'psychosomatic', for example asthma, allergies, and migraines. Some illnesses are under debate, including multiple chemical sensitivity, Gulf War Syndrome, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Some people suggest that stigmatics suffer a psychosomatic illness based on identifying with the biblical crucified Jesus.
Illness as Metaphor
Tension myositis syndrome
Theory of Deadly Initials
Placebo (origins of technical term)
Hi. For a few days , when I wipe, theirs blood coming from my private area (not a lot just a few streaks of blood on the tissue). I believe I had a uti or yeast infection earlier this week as well. My period is due in a few days. But theirs still blood when I wipe my private area. I've never had this happen. What could it be?
Modern women want to have it all, in personal and professional life. They want to experience the joy of motherhood but not the pain associated with normal delivery. For such women, epidural analgesia during labour is a blessing. Epidural analgesia/anaesthesia is given to pregnant women during childbirth. Epidural painkillers stop the pain signals transmitted nerves from uterus. This stops the pain sensation of labour. For epidural analgesia, a catheter (small tube) is inserted into the epidural space in the spinal cord. It is through this tube that the drugs (painkillers) reach the desired nerves.
Types of Epidurals:
Epidurals can be
- Injection with top-ups: Once given, epidurals help to relieve the pain that arises due to contractions. When the epidural starts to wear off, top-ups or refills are used. The refills can last for 1-2 hours.
- Combined Spinal Epidural: Compared to the regular epidurals, the combined spinal epidurals are powerful, quick, and more effective. Here too, epidural painkillers are made to pass through the catheter, once the first injection wears off. It is also known as Walking Epidural.
- Continuous infusion (patient-controlled epidural analgesia): Here, the other end of the epidural catheter is attached to a pump. This pump continuously infuses the painkillers into your back. For an effective response, top-ups may be used. Many hospitals allow patients to control the pump.
Merits and demerits of having an epidural--
- Epidurals make the delivery smooth and hassle free.
- Epidurals are relatively safe as only a small fraction of the medicine reaches the baby.
- Women stay fully awake and experience no pain during the cervix dilation. This enables them to push the baby out with more energy.
- Depending on the requirement, the dosage of epidurals can be adjusted.
- Epidurals help to lower the cases of C-section delivery.
Though epidurals make childbirth easy, one cannot overlook its demerits.
- Infections can sometimes occur.
- Sometimes epidural analgesia can have a patchy effect, causing some pain to persist.
- Though rare, epidural can result in nerve damage.
- Epidurals bring about a fall in blood pressure. At times, this can be risky for the baby.
- Nausea, headache, itchiness, backache, soreness are the common side effects of epidurals.
- Epidurals relax a woman, thereby reducing their urge to push the baby out.
Thus, they may take longer than usual to push the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.