Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
My eye is getting red when I used computer and my problem is I am software engineer and daily I have to sit on computer more then ten hours please suggest me what I do.
I am 20 old I have eye problem I was consulting doctor for last 10 months they given medicines but not getting normal there are its an allergy.
Are You a Good Candidate for LASIK?
First and foremost you should dislike the options of spectacles and contact lenses. It then means that you are well motivated.
Your age should be above 18 years and your spectacle power should be stable over past one year. Lasik works well for powers from about -10.0 to +6.0 including cylindrical power.
Certain tests will done to confirm you have suitable corneal curvature (topography), and that you have adequate corneal thickness (pachymetry)
You should have realistic expectations from the procedure this means you should expect significantly reduced dependence on spectacles and not an exact zero power.
If you satisfy above criteria and clear a routine eye examination you should be an ideal candidate for lasik!
My mom sometimes gets headaches during evening and during the other time of day she is alright and also her nerve pains near the eyes. She is 42 and have taken enough medicine but no results.
From my eyes when I see anything tears come & eyes become red. What it may be due too? I checked eyes several time but I have negligible (ie in0.06) no.
Hello I am 28yr old male 15 years ago I met an accident in that I lost my partial eye sight in my right eye now I only can see the side view not front. Please suggest me what should I do?
I'm working 8 hours in front of computer in a day. My eyes getting pain after coming to home. So what should I do ?
Dr. Shah Nawaz: as you advised If I want to remove spectacles, I can consider laser surgery. Just want to know how safe laser surgery is what is its cost criteria. My power is 2.5 & 2.75. Thanks in advance.
I had a femtolasic 11 months ago. And I am still facing lighting problem (more lines around the lights like vehicles, halozen etc) it is inconvenient for driving in night. So please give me the solution for my problem. Surgeon said it is not permanent.
I have red eyes for over three days. What should I do now? Irritation in eyes are more painful in the morning.
I have red eyes and head deck from last 5 days I don't knw what can I do please tell me what can I do for it.
My eyes are paining day by day. I haven't consulted any doctors yet, I have been using some eye drop, but couldn't get relief, So what do I do now?
I cant see long objects from 5 years. I doo wearing a spectacles. My age 19. Pls say me does it cure? Or any foods to take. How to improve my eye sight?
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.
I am 71 years old I am always gets weep from eyes, some docters said it is allergy, what should I have to do ? 2. I am having joint pains for long 4 years reumotology treatment follows but not so well give me suggestion.
Eyes are the most important part of our lives. There are various branches of medicine, which treat different aspects of the eye. Chief among them are:
Ophthalmology deals with the structure, physiology and diseases of the eye. On the other hand, optometry is a vision care science, which involves the treatment and rectification of the visual system. Specialists emerging from these two schools of medicines are called Ophthalmologists and optometrists respectively. Though, they both deal with the corrective measures and examination of healthy eyes, there are crucial differences between them.
Some of those differences are listed below:
- Meaning: A specialist in surgical and medical eye problems, who performs operations in the eye is called an Ophthalmologist. On the other hand, an Optometrist is a specialist who has a degree in Doctor of Optometry (OD). He is not a doctor but a trained individual.
- Area of Specialization: Both these specialists have different areas of specialization. An Ophthalmologist specializes in only vision and eye care. He/she has the necessary training to perform operations on the eye. On the other hand, an Optometrist is not a doctor, but a specialist who is involved in diagnosis, management and treatment of vision changes. He/she has the license to perform eye exams and tests and can prescribe corrective lenses.
- Training: Both the specialists differ vastly in their training. An Ophthalmologist is trained to treat all eye problems and is equipped to perform operations. He/she undergoes four years of medical school and one year of internship in any hospital. Optometrists on the other hand, after three or more years in college have to undergo four years of training before receiving a doctor of Optometrist. (OD).