Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
I am newly married. Me and my wife both are 27 years old. I want to know what quantity of sex is considered healthy? What are the physical and psychological effects of both excessive and minimal amount of sex?
I am 19 Years old and I am getting headache severely and it makes me sad and I am using the balm even though it is not working can you help me figure out the way please.
My mom has been feeling pain on her neck and lower head some lumps can also be felt. What has happened to her?
Hey I am suffering from hyperhidrosis. I have excessive sweating from my palms and feet. Kindly plzz refer me a doctor in Mumbai where I can get my treatment done.
What are the various tests that a t2 diabetic should do on a regular basis and what is the timeframe to be followed? this is for my mother who is on bedtime tresiba (8 units ave.) and also takes galvusmet 500/50 mg twice daily and amaryl 2mg twice daily.
If the body temperature rises above 40 degrees C and the body loses the ability to cool down, it is considered heatstroke/sunstroke
High body temperature
Increasing Heart rate
Nonexertional or classic heatstroke
In both cases, the effects of heatstroke can be exacerbated by wearing too much clothing, not replacing water lost to sweating and by drinking alcohol, which can affect the body's temperature regulation
Home Treatment for Heat Stroke
In order to treat a heat stroke a medical health care provider will focus on cooling your body so that it reaches its normal temperature as soon as possible. Some of the simple self-care steps that are advised in this case include:
- Cold Water: It may become necessary to immerse your entire body in cold water or ice water so that your body temperature can be brought down as quickly as possible. You could do this by sitting in a bathtub filled with cold water for around 5 or 10 minutes.
- Cooling Blanket: If it is not possible for you to sit in a bathtub, you could warp a special cooling blanket around yourself, after packing your groin area, neck, chest, and back with ice packs
- Rehydrate your Body: You need to alleviate body temperature internally and externally and therefore, it is important that you drink a lot of water. Drinking extra fluids can help reduce the risks of dehydration.
- Diet for Heat Stroke : Diet for heat stroke can help to prevent the problem to some extent.
Eat a high amount of fresh fruits and vegetables and especially those that have a cooling effect on the body and contain a lot of water
- Avoid any food items that are high in salt, as excess sodium could hamper the regular production of sweat in the body
- Drink an additional amount of fluids, like fresh juice or an energy drink as it could replenish the levels of water in your body
- Consume some buttermilk, made from yogurt. Not only is this very cooling, but can also be great for the overall health.
- Add healthy sources of protein to your diet, which mainly include nuts, pulses, and olive oil. This will steady your blood sugar levels, thereby preventing heat strokes.
Suggestion for Heat Stroke
First of all, choose your clothes carefully; opt for light fabrics in a loose fit, which will allow your skin to breathe. Moreover, if you are taking any medication, like antidepressants, antipsychotics, diuretics or beta blockers, it is best to check with your doctor, for additional precautions to prevent a heat stroke.
I am 16 year old. Now I am suffering in jaundice since 12 th April. So please give me a suggestion to relive from the disease.
I have stomach ache since morning and very severe pain. I had some junk food last night. So what medicine should I take now.
How many types of influenza virus are there, why we get suffer from cold mostly when season changes.
1) My left ear dum have hole. But the ear is dry for the past 3 years. Wil it cause any issue. 2) I have lower back pain urinating disc L4-S1. I started walking. Zym coach says it will cure automatically. Please advice. 3) I have stone 5.8 mm in left kidney. Its blocking urine. Its near tip of bladder. Due to that kidney got kettle swell. Doctor said it will fall down and gave medicines for 10 days. Using medicines for now.
I ejaculated within 2 minutes and I m not to play foreplay give me reasons and solution and recommend the pill's required to control.
I am suffering from pcos. Menses comes to me after every 2 or 3 months. This time menses came to me after 2 months and its continously bleeding from more than 30 days. I want to stop my bleeding. Please help.
Have a problem in sex life. I use to discharge very shortly and to able to get up for second time. How can I more power and good stamina in sex life?
1. Have five duly washed leaves of tulsi (known as basil in english) everyday in the morning. Tulsi has a large number of therapeutic properties.
2. Those who can take garlic, must have two pods of raw garlic first thing in the morning. To be swallowed daily with lukewarm water. Garlic too strengthens immunity like the earlier measures mentioned.
3. Those not allergic to milk, must take a glass of hot or lukewarm milk every night with a small measure of haldi (turmeric).
4. Aloe vera (kuwarpatha) too is a commonly available plant. Its thick and long, cactus-like leaves have an odourless gel. A teaspoon gel taken with water daily can work wonders for not only your skin and joint pains, but also boost immunity
5. Take homeopathic medicine -inflenzium 200
6. Do pranayam daily (preferably under guidance if you are already not initiated into it) and go for morning jog/walk regularly to keep your throat and lungs in good condition and body in fine fettle. Even in small measures, it will work wonders for your body's resistance against all such diseases which attack the nose, throat and lungs, besides keeping you fit.
7. Have citrus fruits, particularly vitamin c rich amla (indian gooseberry) juice. Since fresh amla is not yet available in the market (not for another three to four months), it is not a bad idea to buy packaged amla juice which is commonly available nowadays.
8. Last but not the least, wash your hands frequently every day with soap and warm water for 15-20 seconds; especially before meals, or each time after touching a surface that you suspect could be contaminated with flu virus such as a door handle or a knob/handle, especially if you have returned from a public place or used public transport. Alcohol-based hand cleaners should by kept handy at all times and used until you can get soap and warm water.