Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. MahamuniYour feedback matters!
I have epilepsy I am in medication with Oxytol 300 for two years Since then I haven't experienced any seizures my doctor says it will take 2-3 years to cure. I want to ask what is the reason for it? Can the medication cause long term health risks? My CT scan of brain is normal and my recent EEG report shows" Sharp transients occurring from both hemispheres of brain" as it showed two years before. Am I improving?
I am 42 years old working woman and I am obsessed with daily horoscopes and astrology I read daily horoscope and fear all day what should I do also I have a friend on whom I have spent lakhs rupees but I feel unappreciated I take venize xr and etirest
Hi. I am 30 year old. Suffering from depression and headaches. It seems that someone is twisting my brain often. Undergoing medications but not much relief. What can I do. please suggest me in detail.
My sister (45 years) has been suffering from schizophrenia since last 2/3 years. I consulted pshychiatrist and accordingly medicins were prescribed. But she does not want to take medicine claiming that she is not suffering from any ailment. We are helpless. Kindly advise.
with the exams approaching, the pressure increasing and the anxiety reaching the pinnacle; being able to concentrate on what you study and remembering it is the most important concern of the hour.
Here are some tips which will help you to concentrate on your studies and remember whatever you have studied:-
* keep your cell phone aside. These days, the cell phone addiction has become more difficult to cure than any other addiction. It is better to switch off your cell phone and keep it in a place far from your reach so that you can concentrate on what you are needed to concentrate on rather than what is pulling your attention.
* make a timetable and stick to it. Make a proper schedule of each day which will include what time will you wake up, when you will eat, when you will take a nap etc. Even include what subject and what chapters you will study each day. This will make your revision planned and hassle free.
* take adequate sleep. It is necessary to sleep at least 6 hours in a day even during exams as your brain needs that much time to recuperate from the stress and strain. Studies have shown that taking an adequate sleep of 6 hours in a day, increases productivity and improves your ability to remember what you have studied that day.
* take a short nap after lunch. The grasping ability reduces after eating lunch and hence it is a good habit to take a power nap of 7 to 8 minutes after lunch.
* keep your body properly fed and properly hydrated. There is no specific food that will help you improve your grasping ability. All the foods are important enough to provide the necessary nutrition to your brain and, in turn, improve its grasping and retaining ability.
* lastly, don't over exert yourself. Stress is only going to make you forget what you have read. If possible, perform meditation for 10 to 15 minutes in the day to relax your mind and refresh you for the whole day of studying.
What is Maximum stage (or) speed to be achieved by a 46 years old men. During TMT STRESS TEST. Upto what level can BP& HR reaches.
What's the actual difference between depression and pressure. I experienced both feels some how same mental pressure but in pressure it makes me aggressive to achieve tasks but in depression it makes me like crying and wishes to die.
I am a psychiatric patient till 10 years all anti anxiety medicines used nothing improved my problems. I have instability of mind. Mood swings. Can not able be on one decision of my future career. Trying lot but no use. My parents decided for something any GOVT job I want to be any small job enough or something financial problems. Tryptomer 10 mg using now so much of anxiety n tension depression IAm a smoker complete panic attacks for everyday pls suggest me medications pls urgent. If I get problem I can't bearable will take 10 mg clonazepam but no use of sleep pls suggest me anything ibs n migraine also I am consulting md now. All psychologists over in my area. Sucidial thoughts every time with severe headache. Pls concern.
I'm working at call centre but for few months my voice is become so heavy and I'm having problem with that.
One of the guy was having crush on me during my college days ie. E 22 year ago. After our college days we were not in touch to each other any busy in our married life. But suddenly after 20 years again he started messaging me on wts up and telling me that I am his gd frd and not having other intention for me. But I am superise of his behavior. Shall I continue to talk to him.
Hi i am 35 years old and I have 2 kids. 7 months back my mom passed away. After that one night I was sleeping and I got some shocked from that day I am not feeling well even i am not sleeping properly I consult the doctor he did some testing also everything is normal. But still I have some fear and I feel that something will happen to me and now i'm going to die or some bad dreams will come. I Am trying to come out of this fear could you please help me in this.
Depression is one of the complex physical and psychological disorders. The disease is characterized by loss of pleasure or interest, sadness, feelings of guilt, low self worth, disturbed sleep and appetite, poor concentration and feelings of tiredness. The common effect of this condition is leads to the decreased activity level in some parts of the brain. The disease is a mild one that causes little annoyance in daily life. But the extreme stages may lead to severe effects where the affected person may fail to participate in their social life. In rare cases severity of suicide is even possible.
Depression is diagnosed by these symptoms:
- Lack of interest or joy in activities
- Sadness or low mood levels
- Feel of guilt without any reason
- Inferiority thoughts
- Slow thought process
- Slow in interpreting sensorial stimuli
- Slow physical reactions
- Slow physical processes or digestion.
Types of depression
It can be either be a single disease or the effect of other diseases. It can also be due to two or more factors. Based on the cause the disease, it has been divided into six types, which are
- Reactive depression: Caused due to psychological struggle and stress.
- Endogenous depression: Caused due to strain or lack of rest.
- Depression by physical disease: This is caused due to any physical disease such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke, hypertension, heart disease, cushing’s syndrome, mononucleosis, hypothyroidism neurotransmitters in the brain etc.
- Depressive consequence of unsound lifestyle: This is caused due to less exercise, too much alcohol, coffee or tea consumption, least intake of necessary nutrients, too much sugar intake and fat.
- Postnatal depression: This happens mostly in women after pregnancy and child birth.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This happen due to cold and dark seasons of the year. The lack of light is the factor for causing depression as well.
Treatment of depression
Best way to treat depression is through Psychotherapy, also anti - depression medicines are usually prescribed to treat the effects of depression. But the intake of these types of medicines result in nervous disorder. However, the best way to treat is through environmental changes and positive and happy surrounds to the affected person along with psychological counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.