Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahadevi SirsilkarYour feedback matters!
I'm 30 year old. I have more pimples on my face and head. I suffering by it for 7 year. Please help.
I came a new city for reading and water does not suit on me my hair is falling what will do so that my hair will gain and no hairfall and my hai will become strong.
My wife is 53 years old. She has red patches on labia minora from 2 and half year. She feel etching some time and no other problem. No gynae problem. On consulting with dermatologist they started cap zincolak, cute, tacroz 0.03 and t- bact ointment and after they advised biopsy. As per biopsy report: muculenious junction shows chronic infection. No evidence of malignancy is seen (dt. 30.07. 2014) they continue t-bact, evalon, but no relief. They doubt erythropalsea and advised again for biopsy. On consulting with another dermatologist (head of skin deptt) and principal of sms, hospital jaipur they says not need for going for biopsy again and started: nedsoft-e, evata, nutoz-zc and ketoz-200 which she is taking from 1 and half month. There is no relief. What we should do? she is diabetic and hypothyroidic but both are in control.
I have pimples on my face and have tried many cream's but there no use I don't know what to do please help me.
I am 26 years old and I have suffered from 3 abscesses in 5 months on my back which are quite deep and extremely painfull. Kindly suggest me what precautions must be taken to prevent them.
For Ayurvedic Experts Dear Doctor Does Croton Tigillium (jamalgota/jaipal) powder if locally applied on the scalp helps in the regrowth of lost hairs. Is it effective in androgenic alopecia. What is the method of application and in how many months can be see the results. What internal medicine is effective for hair regrowth. Thanks in advance.
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!
My forehead and neck become darker compared to other body parts. This become worst if I exposed to sunlight. What is the reason for this?
I am using Patanjali Kesh kranti hair oil on regular basis can I mix vitamin e capsule in it. Is this mixture is good for my hair scalp. Vitamin e capsule can be mixed with any regular hair oil or not?
I want to know about glutathione iv injection? Will that injection makes us fair? How many seating we should take glutathione? Its benefits and side effects?
Hi. I'm 24 Yrs old. My beard has nt grown completely nor hair on chest. Could you suggest something for this?
I want to get rid of dandruff in my hair. What should I do? Is there any good home-made remedy to make my scalp healthy? *Plus: hair strands are thin and roots are weak*
I am losing my hair quickly and I do not want to lose all my hairs. Can you please give me suggestion?
Dear doctor, how to identify thyroid in the beginning stage? How to know it is hypo thyroid or hyper thyroid? Will it becomes serious? Does it cause hair loss?
Sir my lips had become blackish these days then how would I get my lips reddish i. E. Beautiful pls prescribe me any medicine.
Before 3 months I had not tice that a black mole on my face now it increased a lot and my face became ugly. I had consulted lots of doctor but I do not get any proper medicine. Can you give solution for it.
Psoriasis can be defined as a skin condition, which is caused due to autoimmune disorders within the body. This is a condition where the skin on the body develops raised and dry areas which are reddish in colour while also being bordered by silvery scales.
Treatment of psoriasis in Ayurveda: Ayurveda has a different slant to conventional medicine with regards to the treatment of psoriasis. According to Ayurveda, it is the impurities in the blood, which cause the immune system to react adversely and cause this condition. Ayurveda concentrates on treating the underlying problems through the combination of changes in diet, home remedies and certain medications to treat this disorder. Some of them are mentioned below:
Changes in diet which will help purify the symptoms:
Some advice that is usually given to patients to clean up their diet and include certain other items are as follows:
- Avoid spicy food and try to eat food, which can be easily broken down within the digestive system
- Inclusion of more fruits and fruit juices in your diet
- Also include vegetables and also have a mix of boiled vegetables daily.
- It is better to avoid animal products such as animal fats, eggs, canned and processed foods from your diet.
- Regular consumption of butter milk and curd are known to be very good in blood purification and thus should be consumed in large quantities.
Some Ayurvedic tips and ingredients, which can help treat psoriasis:
Other tips that can be implemented as skin applications to treat psoriasis are as follows:
- Use avocado oil to rub on the affected areas as it is known to be an effective treatment when applied long term.
- Ensure that the skin is always moisturized by applying a soft, cream or gel.
- Periodic baths in sea water if possible is also good for lessening the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Aloe vera cream applied specifically on the patches is known to also lessen them overtime.
Few other tips to follow:
- Get into deep breathing and meditation to ensure that your body and mind are relaxed as this is very important during the healing process
- Expose the affected areas of your skin to mild sunlight for about half an hour daily as it is known to improve symptoms.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.