Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LathiYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old, I am pregnant of 6 weeks, yesterday night I had bleeding of total one pad night, and went to doctor immediately when I saw the bleeding, am using pause 500 now, so please tell me how can I identify my fetus is Alive or not.
Hi, Is "tukhme gajar" or "gajar ke beej" helpful in hormonal imbalance. Is it safe to consume daily?
Hi doc, I have sex with my bf in April and I got my period in June month but after that I didn't get my period, am I pregnant? I don't want to become a mother right now, I want to do abortion could you please tell me which pill I will take for abortion? please tell me I can't tell this thing in my home coz no one accept my relationship with my bf? please suggest me what I have to do for abortion?
Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD may be difficult to parent. They may have trouble understanding important directions. Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD are usually in a constant state of activity.
This can be a constant struggle for parents at home leading to a lot of personal frustration (for parents) as well as a chaotic atmosphere at home everyday.These children can also be difficult to handle at school, leading to constant complaints from teachers and peers. You may need to change your home life a bit to help your child. Here are some tips to handle children with ADHD:
- Organize your schedule at home. Set up fixed times for waking up, playing, eating, doing homework, doing chores, watching TV or playing video games and going to bed.
- Set up house rules. Make the rules of behavior for the family simple, clear and short. Rules should be explained clearly. It’s important to explain what will happen when the rules are obeyed and when they are broken.
- Be positive. Tell your child what you want rather than what you don’t want. Reward your child regularly for any good behavior–even little things such as getting dressed and closing doors quietly. Children with ADHD need to be praised for good behavior.
- Make sure your directions are understood. First, get your child’s attention. Look directly into his or her eyes. Then tell your child in a clear, calm voice specifically just what you want. Ask your child to repeat the directions back to you. Then congratulate your child when he or she completes each step.
- Make sure someone watches your child all the time. Because they are impulsive, children with ADHD need more adult supervision than other children their age. Make sure your child is supervised by adults all day.
- Watch your child around his friends. It’s hard for children with ADHD to learn social skills and social rules. Be careful to select playmates for your child with similar language and physical skills. Invite only one or two friends at a time at first. Watch them closely while they play. Reward good play behaviors often.
- Help with school activities. School mornings may be difficult for children with ADHD. Get ready the night before–lay out school clothes and get the book bag ready. Allow enough time for your child to get dressed and eat a good breakfast. It would also be a good idea to collaborate with the teacher who could help your child deal with academic difficulties and handle mis-behaviour with extra care.
- Set up homework routine. Pick a regular place for doing homework. This place should be away from distractions such as other people, television and video games. Break homework time into small parts and have breaks.
- Focus on effort, not grades. Reward your child when he tries to finish school work, not just for good grades. You can give extra rewards for earning better grades. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Pregnancy is the most exciting period of a woman's life and has unique challenges. There are numerous well wishers - family members, friends, relatives- giving you free advice as what to do and what not to do for having a healthy baby. Many of these advices are just myths.
Following is a list of common myths and actual realities. It is best to follow your doctor's advice and not believe in myths:
- Your belly shape tells the gender of the baby: One of the most common myths during pregnancy is the shape of a woman's belly. If a woman is carrying high, it is a girl and if she is carrying low it is a boy. The fact behind this is the shape of a woman's belly during pregnancy depends upon her muscle size, tone, amount of fat deposited around her abdomen and also on the position of the baby.
- Your food cravings tell the gender of the baby: Craving for sweet food means it will be a girl and craving for salty food means you will be having a boy. According to literature food cravings have nothing to do with determining the sex of a baby.
- Eating more is needed for pregnancy: Another common myth is that pregnant mother must eat for two. Calorie requirements increase during pregnancy. Pregnant women require about 350kcals more to ensure that the baby is healthy. Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy rather than eating for two is required to fulfil the demands in pregnancy.
- Exercise will harm my baby : Exercises in pregnancy should be started after consulting your doctor and should be performed under a trained professional. Being fit improves your stamina and prepares you for the strenuous process of labour & delivery. Swimming, yoga, moderate amount of exercise, brisk walk are recommended during pregnancy, but should only be practiced after consulting with doctor.
- Sleeping on your back harms the baby: Sleeping on your back will not harm your baby, but you will feel better if you sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side actually increases blood flow to your body.
- Eating papaya increases chances of miscarriage: Raw papaya is suspected to be abortifacient. It contains chymopapain which is supposed to induce early labour. Ripe form of Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and is safe during pregnancy.
- Eating Saffron in milk affects the skin tone of the body: Remember skin colour depends upon the genes and food items have nothing to do with skin colour. Saffron has high nutritious content due to presence of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Because of its nutritional value it can be taken in pregnancy in very small doses.
Hello DR's, My TSH level was 11 during my 3rd month of pregnancy. I was medicated to have thyrox 2.5 and am having now at 6 months after delivery. I have three qs regarding this 1. I lost my baby due to trisomy 18. Will this thyroid not detected before pregnancy could cause this? 2. Due to need to continue the tablet even now? 3. Am taking it regularly, but for the past two days I feel a pain in throat, what can be reason?
I am six months pregnant, I want to know sometime I feel pressure lower there nd I get terrified that something is going to drop. Is it really weird at this stage. I just had my anomaly usg nd everything is normal. Nd also I feel my baby only n the right side. My placenta is left lateral grade 1.
I am a 24 yr old girl who is type 1 diabetic for the past ten years.In future during pregnancy will I have any critical complications even though my sugars are well controlled.
When I do fast I dnt feel hungry bt I feel so much thrusts so please help me what to do so I may not feel thrusts please let me know.
Me n my gf were having sex by mistake the condom worn out and then I gave her unwanted 72 within an hour it's been 3 weeks now last week she was bleeding dark brown red? What are the chances of pregnancy? How to make sure everything is safe?
Hello mam, my question is for my bhabhi, she live in Maharashtra & I am live in jaipur. She is 9 week pregnant. Bhaiya bhabhi consult the doctor ,doctor suggest for sonography. After sonography report, doctor told them for abortion because of the heart beat of baby is not perfectly & growth is also not well. So Mam please suggest us what can we do. Can we wait for 3 months? & Then again check by sonography & then take decision.
My wife having blocked fallopian tubes. 2times Ivf done with no result. Please guide us . wife age is 37yrs.
Make habit of fasting with only fruits or milk once in a week, this routine reduces toxins in the body.