Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kulkarni Dr R B
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kulkarni Dr R BYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. I got sudden pain in my chest for 10 sec, back and left arm was heavy/tighten, pain was I consulted cardiologist next day. He asked me to do ECG, blood test (Tropnin, CBC differential. Test result are normal, he has given ibuprofen & gastric syrup, asked me to see again tomorrow. Still I am feeling pain in middle fingers, some times pain in chest & some times upper back & some times in shoulder. I am driving car daily for 3 hr. Can you please tell me, is this a signs of any heart disease or some muscle/nerves pain. Thanks.
Hi im 33 weeks 7 days pregnant. I just want to ask my stomach is tightening a lot these days is it a serious issue. The movement of the baby is very slow it usually moves at night when I lie down. And the heartburn is also in a play these days. Can you please help me.
I get headache and feel ill and sick sometimes does this happen because of talking on phone every time or something else?
My mom is 54 year old working women and she is a sugar patient every she feel some pain in her keens so we went to hospital to check up doctors said its not an big issue because you walk much and bit over weight you are getting pain he gave some oil and cream to massage on it. I read some where after 50 women bone start losing calcium so I bought calcium tablet from helthkart. Com. But my aunt said IT WILL FORM STONE IF MY MOM CONSUME AT THIS AGE HAS MY AUNT ALREADY TRIED THIS TABLET AND SUFFERED LOT. Is it true please help.
I'm 32yrs old married male just want to know where is ashwagandga powder available and does it have any side effects. Is it useful to increase libido hardness of penis and delay ejaculation.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!