Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kowshick
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KowshickYour feedback matters!
From the last ten days while brisk walking suddenly every thing gets blurred and elevated heart beat after taking a small break of 10-15 second I regain my conscience and walk home slowly. What tests and precautions you suggest and to which doctor to contact. I am june'68 born male with 5.6 height and 80 kg weight.
I am not comfort I have slow chest pain continues im taken aspirin tab my cholesterol levels value total-236 hdl- 34 ldl- 179.
My SGPT level is 73, SGOT is 34, Bilirubin is 1.20 , Triglycerides level is 180. Are these level are very abnormal and please suggest how to lower down the SGPT and Triglycerides level.
Dear sir I am 61 years old, height 5' 9, wt-73kg bp- normal blood sugar-normal I do excercise daily and do yoga and pranayam my lipid profile is as under: total cholesterol photometry 211 mg% 125 - 200 hdl cholesterol - direct photometry 40 mg% 35-80 ldl cholesterol - direct photometry 87 mg% 85 - 130 triglycerides photometry 377 mg% 25 - 200 tc/ hdl cholesterol ratio calculated 5. 3 ratio 3. 0 - 5. 0 ldl / hdl ratio calculated 2. 2 ratio 1. 5 - 3. 5 vldl cholesterol calculated 75. 4 mg% 5 - 40 I do not smoke nor drink. I take green tea daily. Please advise me how to reduce my tryglyceride. Regards
Hlw sir I am 18 years Old boy. I have Blood pressure 160/104. Its very for me. Than what I have do next.
I am 52 years old man and have under gone angioplasty last year. I have pain in the hips and squeeze in the chest. Is it any related to my cardiac problem?
I have high blood pressure problem this also affects my eyes as well as the whole body. Body in terms of pain. Can you please suggest me a medicine for this?
If a heart patient's treatment is going on can we give him 2 time ayuvedic medicine with that also ?
lam suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard can suggest what should be done?
I feel restless, uncomfortable, nervous, uneasy from the last 10 days. I chked my bp. It was low. Nd wen I east fried food. sometimes I hv pain in the centre of the chest. So wat is the reason behind dis? Wat shud I do?
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I hve been prescribed to stop my high bp tablets (Amlopin 5) since my bp is going low for 4 / 5 days. Is this fluctuation of bp from high to low is OK or der any risk? My high bp tab was prescribed due to my pregnancy loss at 9th month last year on april. And I feel my heart beat faster some times. Is this palpitations and wat is it cause. please help?
Sexual problems might mean you have a broken heart, literally. The most common sexual problem in men is erectile dysfunction (ED). Erectile dysfunction affects >30% of men between 40 and 70 years of age. There are several different causes of ED, including depression, low testosterone, neurological problems, and some medications, such as beta blocker but the most common cause is a problem with the blood vessels called atherosclerosis.
Erectile dysfunction is frequently a sign of atherosclerosis, that can be the first clue to heart disease in men. It usually comes 3 to 5 years before a heart attack, so after ED is diagnosed, there is time to treat atherosclerosis and prevent a heart attack.
Sexual Activity and Cardiovascular Disease
Decreased sexual activity and function are common in patients with CVD and are often interrelated to anxiety and depression. In fact research has proved that there is a strong link between erectile dysfunction and heart disease. Studies have shown that if a man has ED, he has a greater risk of having heart disease. For instance, in one study, 57% of men who had bypass surgery and 64% of men hospitalized for a heart attack had had ED.
Several having ED can predict that a man will probably have heart disease symptoms within five years. In fact, having ED is as much a risk factor for heart disease as a history of smoking or a family history of coronary artery disease.
The Stockholm Heart Epidemiology Programme (SHEEP) study of post-MI patients (50% women) found that those who were sedentary had a higher risk of MI with sexual activity (relative risk 4.4) than did those who were physically active (relative risk 0.7).
How is the Heart and ED Related?
Deposition of cholesterol in the arteries causing atherosclerosis is taken as the most important reason for ED as the plaque formation reduces the blood flow in the penis, thereby affecting the erection process. However the latest studies show that ED is also due to the dysfunction of the inner lining of the blood vessels (endothelium) and smooth muscle. This causes inadequate blood supply to the heart and the penis which also aids in arthrosclerosis. Hence ED and heart disease are found to be inter related.
What to do?
If you are suffering from ED or heart disease , it is best to discuss your concerns with a specialist - for the heart a cardiologist and for the ED a urologist