Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KaviYour feedback matters!
I have pains in both the legs I if I stand for at least3 minutes then it stays hurting what should I do?
My mother has trouble walking, but she refuses to get a walker or cane. I worry about her. How can I convince her to get some sort of walking aid?
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.
I have a lot of back pain just below my shoulder blade and when I like sit for a long time or use laptop for a long time this pain and there is a lump under my right nipple which pains a lot with this backpain sometimes this pain is unbearable. I talked about this with my parents they said its just normal back pain and this is because of my gym exercises. Its been three months since I left the gym and the pain is going nowhere.
My X-ray report of both knees shows - Non uniform joint space reduction noted in both knee joint. Mild degenerative osteophytes noted involving femoral, tibial condyle and patella. Bones are in normal alignment. Soft tissues, fat planes normal. Impression: Early Osteo Arthritis both knee joints. Kindly explain the report and help me to get recovery.
I getting pieces of blood after four months of my Cesarean is it normal? And I also getting backache ,is it safe to use shelcal daily twice?
I am 23 year old female. I am having pain in my arm and shoulder for five days continuously. I took my pain killers bt they were not effective. So what should I do now.
How can we control gout problem by diet management? What in our diet increases uric acid level also what to consume more?
After pregnancy I got severe back pain and leg. I cant able to do any work. Cant able to sleep at night because of severe pain. Why lik this. Can you give solution.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own. Physiotherapy has been proven to provide very good relief and render it pain-free.
The aim of physiotherapy is 3-fold - reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
The nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the low back are supported by the abdominal muscles and the back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/low back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
In addition to being used a sole means of treatment, physiotherapy also is used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that the physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients don't adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long-term success depends not just on getting the relief but on following the maintenance exercises that are prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.