Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KavehYour feedback matters!
I am a 46 year old female. Need to permanently remove dark circles from under the eyes. Furthermore, I have fat deposition below my right eyelid which too needs to be removed.
I have black spots and also pimples on my back. And I have used many scar creams. But no affect. Please suggest me something.
I have received treatment for guttate psoriasis, I still have black pigmented marks all over the body where I had the disease. Its not troubling or itching. Those pigmented marks would stay for life long?
I am a 38 years old man, I have some black spots on my nose please tell me a permanent solution to clear it.
I am 22 yr girl. I am having dark circles around eyes. I have consulted with dermatologist she told its from allergy. I used many gel and creams. M fed up. My marriage is nearby please help me to get rid of my dark circles.
Sir My colour is black, not fully in my face only, which medicine is better to remove black color in my face.
My friend met an accident on her Scooty and she met an accident. She got stitches near eyebrows and upper lips. Just wanted to know whether this will any scars/marks? Can we remove those marks permanently? As face is important feature of girls we need a solution for this so that there are no marks.
Examination of a sample of skin (removed/extracted from the body) under a microscope is known as skin biopsy. It helps in diagnosing skin infections, conditions like psoriasis and diseases like skin cancer.
There are some things you need to know before getting a skin biopsy
How to prepare for this procedure?
You need to inform the doctor about several things like-
1. If you have any allergies
2. If you are or might be pregnant
3. If you are suffering from any kind of bleeding problems and taking medicines like Aspirin or warfarin
4. If you are on any kind of anti-inflammatory medication like prednisone
How does it feel?
When the skin sample is removed, it is done under the influence of anesthesia. Therefore, no such pain is felt at all. The only time a little sting is felt, is when the local anesthesia is injected.
What are the risks associated with skin biopsy?
There are no life threatening risks associated with a skin biopsy. But sometimes, a skin biopsy can cause skin infection or may result in persistent bleeding or even a scar may develop.
Post procedure care tips
After a skin biopsy, you will be instructed by your doctor on how to take care of the area of the skin where the procedure is done. Some of these instructions include
1. The biopsy site must be kept clean and dry
2. It would take 3-14 days for the removal of the stitch from the site
3. In case of pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, redness or fever, inform your doctor
The results of such biopsy tests take 3-10 days to get available. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I want my skin color be fair, clean. Will anyone please suggest me creams, soaps for skin whitening without any effects.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.
I am 42 years old male with dark skin. My face is oily and darker than my body, please suggest solution.
I have lots of pimple marks, scars, dark patches, and my skin is just starting wrinkle, I am 28 years old but due to this looking more older than I am actual.
Hello I am 52 and suffering from DVT & varicose from past 10 years, please suggest any treatment and diet which I Should follow. Thank you.
I feel tired all the time during day as the day passes dark circle below my eyes increases if I didn't take nap during day. Age - 23 weight - 57 height - 5" 8.
I have many dark spot on my face. My face is oily. What face cream and face wash I should use? My age is 28.
- A callus (tyloma) is a thickening of the skin that occurs in response to excessive, repeated shear or friction forces, commonly due to constant rubbing of the skin. Calluses are similar to corns, but calluses occur when abnormal forces are exerted over a larger area. Certain deformities of the feet, such as crookedness of the toes, may predispose to the development of calluses. Calluses may cause pain, typically a burning sensation. Excessive weight bearing and certain types of shoes are often contributing factors u.
- Calluses may occur in all people with the exception of non-weight-bearing infants.
Signs and symptoms
Calluses are most frequently located on the feet and sometimes on the hands. They usually are located next to bony prominences.
- Avoidance of the repetitive forces causing calluses, such as altering shoe style, is the best method of prevention. Gentle paring with an emery board or a pumice stone may help to decrease the thickened skin. A soft fabric, such as felt, should be applied after paring to protect the underlying skin. Or, shoe pads that go inside your shoes should be used to help relieve the pressure so foot calluses can heal.
- Calluses do not require medical intervention, but seek evaluation if they become bothersome. Diabetics should pay careful attention to their feet given the risk of development of diabetic ulcers on the feet.