Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Kaustubh A JoagYour feedback matters!
My husband is 32 year. Now facing mood swing problem in working time like dream, old memories, flash back. And we have done mri. Some minor thickness on rt. Brain side but dr, said that its not a big issue it is a migraine aura and give medicine. But what is the treatment of mood swing? neurologist said its not a psychological problem.
I am usually very unpredictable and easy going but lately I feel like sitting in front of my laptop and open my books and never get out of my room and listen to music all day and drown out other things in my life. What do you suggest I do? I think I have depression but I am not sure. So your opinion will really help thanks.
What's the reason of mental disease? Whats the reason of obsessive compulsive disorder? Give me answer in detail. Plz.thank you.
What is Maximum stage (or) speed to be achieved by a 46 years old men. During TMT STRESS TEST. Upto what level can BP& HR reaches.
Want to Reduce cholesterol levels and Reduce weight. Please suggest something. I am a social drinker. Alcohol twice a month.Please tell.
I am 26 year old and having habit of chewing tobacco and cause of this habits my mouth jaws is lock and only 2 fingers I can open my mouth so please help to open my mouth normally firt how it was opening wide and im quiting this habit slowly slowly.
Many of us may feel stressed out in our daily lives without knowing why, actually the real problem is the stressful situation is that we are enduring, either in our minds or in reality.
Identifying stressors is not easily done for most people, while some of us can point to different stress factors that have occurred recently in our lives, others have no idea why we are stressed.
If you are feeling" stressed out" sit down with a pen and paper and try to identify the causes of your stress. In most cases, it will be more than one different problem that is causing stress.
Keeping a journal of your day to day activities and how you feel periodically throughout the day is also a great idea. Think about the different people with whom you interact and how you feel about each interaction.
Once you have identified the source of your stress, you can then make a determination on how you can handle the stress that is affecting your daily life.
Need to understand that some of the stressors you will be able to control, others you will not be able to do anything about. But in order to help yourself you are going to have to know what are the causes of your stress. Often we don't realize that we are in control because we feel so out of control at the time of stress, but the tools are there, you just have to use them.
I Am 52 years old and taking allopathic medicines for depression as prescribed by PGI Chandigarh, for the last one year. Having depression for the last 10 years and taking medicines since that time. Now having ED problem which again has become another reason for depression. Pls advice.
I am having problems with erectile dysfunction for the past two years. Though I am healthy and physically fit and wants have intercourse I am not able to perform due to anxiety. Some other time I get erection but can't do it because of timings and place. Kindly advise.
Sir my brother is schizophrenic since 1998. Engineer by profession. In 2008 he moved to australia for studies and work. Before that in india he was not doing anything but to disturb other family members. He uses to get violent. Mom. N dad used to cry. We tried various doctors for treatment n succeeded a little bit. After moving to australia he took. Medicine for 1 and half years then he stopped it saying that he is alright. Recently I lost my father. ME n my mom. Are staying here in india. Whenever my brother comes home I get very scared. I'm a working woman, unmarried. Recently I feel a little disturbed so as to how to handle all the pressures. MOm's health, brother's erratic behaviour etc. I'm 35 years old. Let me know what I should do when my brother comes to INdia and how to cheer myself up.
I am 19 years old. I am male. I have sinus. I am also some fat. I am non-veg how can I reduce the effect of sinus on my body. My blood group is A+ and weight is 75 Kg. I Don't have any smoking or drinking habits. Is there a chance that I will get any other diseases.Please suggest.
While most of us consume alcohol on a social basis, or during certain special and momentous events of our life, there are some people who may be classified as heavy drinkers. There is a certain alcohol limit as per the sex, age and climate that a person can have on a daily basis. When a person overshoots that limit on a daily basis and that too by a large margin, he or she may be known as a heavy drinker.
If you fall in this heavy drinking category, then you may want to go through the following tips in order to bring down and curb your habit so that you can drink in moderation, without causing undue problems for your mental and physical health.
- Use bitters: Using bitters, especially digestive bitters, with your drinks can help in bringing down the amount of alcohol that you consume in one go. This can also help your body in digesting the alcohol in a better manner so that you do not wake up with a hangover. Also, the use of digestive bitters can help in detoxification of the liver and prevent it from getting coated with toxins released by alcohol.
- Water: It is a well-known fact that one must stay hydrated while drinking so that he/she does not get carried away and drink too much. You can easily have a glass of water between each drink so that you keep the buzz at a stable level rather than letting it get to your head, to a point where you start to ask for even more alcohol. Moreover, before a big party or event, it is best to first have plenty of water so that you do not end up going overboard.
- Cleansing juices: The latest diet and fitness fad includes a dose of juices churned from various kinds of fruit and vegetables. You can also try this cleansing juice menu every time you feel like reaching out for a drink. This will help you in keeping things in perspective and then drinking moderately, if and when the need arises.
- Set a drink deadline: If you want to cut back on your drinks significantly, then one of the best things to do is to set yourself a drink deadline. As per this deadline, you will set a number where you will stop. For instance, once you have reached 2 to 3 drinks, you will automatically stop so that you do not binge.
- Find a support group: It is best to find a support group of friends or even an alcoholic anonymous group so that you can share your experiences and find motivation at the same time. This is especially important for those going through withdrawal symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.