Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti PotdarYour feedback matters!
Sometime I feel my mouth is very watery while speaking I can feel more sliver in mouth. tongue also gives me sensation n I feel very similar symptoms when you couldn't sleep long hours. I am taking at least 6 hrs sleep. What could be the reason.
I get a sound of click at the end of my right jaw when I move it, there is no pain in it but it's happening from few years, please give some remedies for this.
When you think you see your teeth bleeding, your gums are the actual source of the problem. Several causes can contribute to your gums bleeding, including a sudden impact when you fall down or your tooth or gums are impacted by an injury. But if your gums bleed when you have not bumped them, there may be cause for concern. When gums are bleeding, it can be a sign of something as simple as a new dental care routine or a sign that you need to consult your dentist for extra care. Read on to learn about causes of gums bleeding, ways to gently relieve the discomfort & methods to stop the bleeding.
When you first notice your gums bleeding, grab a washcloth or gauze square & soak it in cool water; if your teeth are sensitive to cold, use warm water instead. Wring out the excess water & gently put the cloth or gauze square against the bleeding area on your gums. Although the application of direct pressure can stop bleeding, do not press too hard on your teeth.If you are experiencing pain along with the bleeding, you may be able to get instant relief by spreading a couple of drops of numbing oral gel along the gumline. Avoid pain relievers such as aspirin because they can thin the blood & cause your gum bleeding to worsen.
Changes in Your Dental Care Routine
If you have not flossed regularly in the past, your gums might start to bleed between your teeth when you first begin to floss. Also, your gums might bleed if you floss too vigorously. A new toothbrush can cause minor irritation & bleeding, too,especially if you opt for a toothbrush with firm bristles.
If you floss or brush too vigorously, do not just give up the practice — both flossing & brushing are absolutely vital to good dental care. Instead, switch to a soft-bristled toothbrush, & simply use a gentler touch while your gums heal. The bleeding should stop within a few days.
Gum diseases, such as gingivitis & periodontitis, can cause bleeding along the gumline around your teeth. Both gingivitis & periodontitis are caused by plaque buildup on & between the teeth. While a dental exam is the safest way to identify these problems, you can look on your own for redness or swelling around the gumline as indicators of a condition.
Careful brushing & flossing will help you to avoid these problems, but if you are already having trouble with sensitive & bleeding gums (not teeth bleeding), you should make an appointment with your Dentist as soon as possible to get a professional opinion.
The key thing to remember is to not wait a single minute! When you realize you have a BLEEDING TEETH, call your dentist immediately and ask them to squeeze you into their schedule. This is, by far, the best solution to any tooth, gum or mouth pain.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.
Dentures are prosthetic devices and their purpose is to replace missing teeth. Dentures are basically false teeth, which are supported by the tissues of the oral cavity. Most dentures are removable, while some are permanently fixed. Dentures are widely used by people all over the world, who have missing teeth.
Here are the ways in which dentures can improve a person's life:
- Speaking becomes clearer: Missing teeth make it difficult for a person to speak clearly. Using dentures will fix this problem and you will be able to speak clearly and properly as dentures take place of the natural teeth. It takes some time to get adjusted to dentures and many people practice pronunciation of difficult words in front of the mirror after getting dentures fitted in their mouth.
- You can eat normally again: Missing teeth cause difficulty in eating and you are unable to eat many of your favorite dishes, which require strong teeth. After getting a denture fitted, you can get back to eating all sorts of foods again and biting or chewing won't be difficult anymore. This too takes some time to adjust and in the beginning, you should eat soft foods by cutting them into small pieces. You should abstain from having chewing gums or hard food initially.
- Your self esteem gets improved: Losing teeth makes you look bad and many people feel embarrassed or ashamed because of missing teeth. A denture is a perfect remedy for this. After getting dentures, your teeth will be back and will look and feel natural. There is usually no worry about the dentures falling off or slipping out as they are fitted properly in the gums. You will look good, and the lost confidence will be back.
- You will have improved oral health: Missing teeth cause health problems, such as bone loss in the jaw area. To avoid this from happening, dentures should be used. These teeth implants will replace your old teeth, and bone loss will be prevented.
- You will appear younger: Missing teeth alter the structure of your face. Wrinkles might appear or the face may seem to look collapsed, then dentures can effectively support the structure of your face and make it appear to be more youthful with added fullness.
Dentures improve the quality of a person's life greatly with missing teeth. They should be taken care of properly, cleaned regularly and you should have regular dentist appointments to ensure a proper fit of the denture. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.