Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanth KatteYour feedback matters!
I am participating in sex with my gf. But can't release my sperm in to her. is there any chances of pregnancy ?
Hello doctor, I have met a gynocogist by last monday. Dr. find small cyst on my right overy. She was suggested to eat medroxyprogesterone acetate. Bt I am still not getting my period. please help me.
Doctor if my husband touch my breast or vagina or kiss me but he didn't allow his penis into my vagina am getting sex mood immediately and white discharge is coming am pregnant of 55days if I gets sex mood am scared of my baby. Did it will cause damage to my yolk so please help me.
Nutrition for you will never be as important to you as it is during pregnancy, because while eating you have to think not only about you, but also the development of your unborn child. However, merely eating is not enough you have to eat right. Here is your guide of what to eat and what to avoid, during pregnancy, so that your child gets the best nutrition.
Things to eat:
- Whole grains: Whole grains, which can be found in food items like cereals, whole-wheat breads and pastas, are rich in folic acid, iron and fibers. Make sure you incorporate ample amount of whole grains in your diet to remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Beans: Beans are extremely nutritious for pregnant women, as they contain protein, fiber, iron, folate, zinc and calcium, which are much needed for the development of a healthy baby.
- Fish: Incorporate enough fish in your diet because they contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon, for example, is exceptionally good for health since it contains less mercury than other fish.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein, and is also a good source of other nutrients like amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including choline which is crucial for the baby's brain development.
- Berries: Berries contain vitamin C, calcium, folate and fiber, which is important to your diet, besides being a delicious addition to your meal.
- Low fat yogurt: Sweetened yogurt is extremely bad for your health, but a cup of plain, low fat yogurt contains copious amount of calcium and is also a good source of proteins.
Things to avoid:
- Soft cheese: Soft cheese, like feta, blue cheese, brie, etc. are made of unpasteurized milk, which contain listeria bacteria which might be fatal for you and your child. Hence, they are best to avoid.
- Undercooked or raw food: Raw meat may contain toxoplasma and other bacteria. Raw eggs in sauces like mayonnaise, uncooked dough, desserts like tiramisu and salad dressings are also harmful for you. Fish in sushis or self caught fish may also contain harmful bacteria and parasites or chemicals released from nearby factories. Do ensure that your meat and fish are thoroughly cooked while dining out as well.
- Unpasteurized juices: There is always a risk of juices, which are squeezed and unpasteurized, being contaminated with E-coli or salmonella, which can be very harmful for you.
- Pre-dressed poultry: Poultry that has been dressed and stuffed at the market often run the risk of being contaminated by the juices of slaughtered poultry, proving to be best breeding grounds for bacteria.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables: Toxoplasma can breed on unwashed raw foods, which also cause harm to your health, mainly in the prenatal period.
- Alcohol, coffee and unpasteurized milk: These beverages have been deemed unsafe for pregnant ladies since they can cause severe health damages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I took an ipill on the 25th of December and then again on the 1st of Jan. I got my period also on the 1st of Jan, and they weren't due for another 17 days as per my cycle. They started with slight bleeding and are still going on with the flow like a regular period. Is this normal?
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection of the vagina that occurs due an imbalance of the vaginal bacteria. The naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina overgrow in number and this creates the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially who are pregnant. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to go away in 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they can cause serious complications:
The symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are:
1. You may experience vaginal discharge that is white or gray in color
2. You may have constant itching in your vagina
3. The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odor
4. You may have a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes behind it:
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners increases this risk. Other factors can be:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, then it may create bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis.
This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chance of premature birth.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
1. Using soaps which contain no or very little chemicals
2. Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
3. Don’t clean your vagina on a regular basis
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My period date was 17 of this month but m still not on my periods, m getting scared now, on ma last period first day only I had sex with my boyfriend with out condom, but aft my periods got over we had sex lot of time but we always used condom only the day I was on periods n very first day itself we didn't used condom he didn't cum also inside me, but every single time after that we used condom but from last 4-5 days m having sings periods like stomach pain nall but m not getting periods please doctor please help me out tell me why it's happening n how to get out of this please doctor please.
9 months back my wife given birth for a baby girl, now she got pregnancy, we don't want any second baby for 5 years, what can do for remove, give me suggestions.
I had ultrasound yesterday at 7 weeks 4 days but there is empty sac with no fetal pole. And usg age was 6 weeks 4 days. Impression was missed miscarriage. Is there any hope? Dr. Told me to wait for more 10 days.
My wife is 5 mths pregnant Please suggest me some good and healthy food for my baby so that baby will remain healthy.
Hi doctor we got married on SEP 2017 her periods are irregular after marriage before marriage the period never missed. And we want baby as soon as possible we have sex daily or twice a day her this month also her date is 13 she didn't got her periods she is pregnant or not and want to do get pregnant fast suggest me.
Sir, I need some clarity about how to get the pregnancy Unfortunately I had sex with one girl yesterday but I never ejaculated my sperm into her vagina but I was tried but it injecting time she got huge pain me also scared and then I didn't try. Even I did not fully injectetip of the tip of penis if any chance to got the pregnancy? Because before ejaculation some water is coming to the tip of penis that why I am scaring.
I have my last periods start on 10 nov and ended on 13 nov, I had unprotected sex on 14 nov, I tested on 8 dec and 9 dec for pregnancy by prega news and both test showed negative result (one line) ,my next periods were due on 8 December but till now my periods are not starting, am I pregnant or not? Please suggest, I tested in the morning for better results. I am too much worried as I don't want pregnancy right now.
Having sex on 12th day can be a pregnant? What are the days to get a pregnancy? What are the tips of getting faster pregnancy?
I am 25 yrs old, female and I have thyroid problem from the past 6 years. I'm taking thyronorm 25 mg present as the recent tsh report shows 1.50uiu/ml which is within the normal range. But I have irregular menstrual problem. I have used hormone tablets several times for 6months to 1 year during which the cycle is perfect but after that again repeates the same irregular. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
The study explains the relationship between diabetes and vitamin d. Irrespective of weight. Men with low vitamin d are susceptible to pre diabetes and diabetes specially type 2. Vitamin d is naturally produced by the skin after it is exposed to sunlight. Anothef source of vitamin d is milk that has been fortified with vitamin d. And over 1 billion people the world over suffer from vitamin d deficiency