Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JavedYour feedback matters!
I have getting a savior headache since last fifteen days when I Rome morning to evening on bike why because my job was field work marketing.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last weeks and I have chest pain can you suggest what should be done.
I take tazzle 10 mg once a week. 4 times a month.. My question is it safe to have once a week? Tazzle 10 sildenafil.
I have sever head ache, I consult doctor. My bp is 180/110. Doctor prescribe me among 5mg for morning and night, and atenol 50. Is it right.
Sir bachpan mein main galat dosto ki sangat me pad gya jisse maine hasthmaithun kriya krne lga or jb mujhe samjh me aaya to maine krna bnd kr diya jisse mera ling chotta or ptla aur tedha ho gya h aur mujhe kamjori bhi bhut hoti h nd full josh nhi aata h.
My baby is 6 months old. My periods r nt regular ,first of had my period after a month then after 20 days then after 2 months. I am breastfeeding my baby n m weaning him 2. Wats the safe period for sex?
I have pearly penile papules on my penis. What it is actually are and how to get rid from them early?
Dear Sir/madam I am suffering with premature ejaculation can you please tell me some name of medicine which can increase the asexual timing.
I'm 21 year male. I have night fall since 5 years. I had suffer from jaundice, chickenpox 2 times. Now I have been suffering from Urticaria (Both rashes and swelling) since 1 yr. Now doctor said me for CBC.
Hi. I'm 20 years old . Whenever I eat sweets , ice creams , drink any beverages or any citrus fruits or when the season changes , I suffer from severe cold with flowing nose. Because of dust also , the problem exists . I have this problem from childhood. At least once in a month I consult the doctor for this problem. I'll be alright until I use the medicines . After that problem persists. I can't go to college regularly because of this problem. Please help me. And give me a suggestion that to which doctor I should consult. Kindly looking forward for your reply.
I have been suffering from headache from past few days. It is not a regular one but I get it quite often. Sometimes I get high temperature due to it. Can you suggest me which medicine or tablet to take for this?
Pain in my head all the time. In reading too am unable to concentrate the mind and not feel pain, sometimes slowly, sometimes painful.
Sometimes I get breathing problem, especially when I'm in cleaning side. When I use asthalin inhaler I feel comfortable. What should I do now.
An injury runs its course of a few days to weeks depending on the size and heals and closes. There could be scarring or mobility issues in some though. However, this does not happen in all cases, and a wound that has not healed for more than 6 weeks is termed as chronic. They are most common in the hands and feet. In those who have mobility issues, hips, buttocks, and thighs are also common areas.
Read on to know more about why this happens and how they can be treated.
Reasons: Though there could health conditions aggravating the healing, most wounds heal late due to 3 reasons:
- Poor circulation: A healing wound requires nutrition for the cells to repair, and if there is improper circulation, then healing is definitely delayed. This can happen due to diabetes, malnutrition, reduced mobility, vascular disease, etc. In many unsuspecting people, nonhealing wounds have led to diabetes being diagnosed. Diabetes also affects nerve supply, so delayed healing may go unnoticed too. Post injury, it is also important to completely stop movement, as circulation needs to be maintained for proper, quick healing.
- Infection: By preventing tissue regeneration and interfering with blood clotting, they can prolong bleeding and cause chronic inflammation. This leads to delayed healing and in most cases, worsening of the current situation.
- Fluid accumulation/edema: Any injury causes leakage of cellular fluid into the surrounding tissues. This causes edema and the surrounding tissue is often swollen. This leads to poor circulation also, which is another cause for delayed healing. Edema also reduces tissue repair difficult, not allowing skin to form over the wound.
Symptoms: While the wound per se is an indication, there are also other symptoms which indicate a non-healing wound.
- Pain, which has not subsided
- Swelling, discharge, odor, and skin color changes due to the ongoing infection. A thin discharge is not worrisome, but a thicker or foul-smelling discharge is definitely a cause for concern
- Open wound: Most wounds heal within the 30-day period. If the wound is open beyond that, it is always advisable to seek medical support.
Management: This would include generic and local treatment.
Generic treatment would include a nutritious diet, good sleep and rest, adequate exercise and rehab program to ensure adequate mobility, and frequent monitoring. In addition, conditions like diabetes have to be monitored and brought under control.
Local treatment options would be:
- Wound debridement and skin or tissue grafting
- Medications to improve wound healing
- Hyperbaric oxygen to provide more oxygen to the wound in particular
- Vascular repair to improve circulation.
Delayed healing of wounds should not be ignored; timely medical help can avoid complications.