Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagtap SulakshanaYour feedback matters!
Could you advise the appropriate tablet, how do we get this tablet and how much time does she has to consume that tablet to ensure she won't be pregnant.
Ever been in a situation where a medicine you used to take regularly to deal with something, has suddenly stopped being effective? This is because of antibiotic resistance. This refers to the ability of bacteria to change their structure so as to resist the antibiotic. Thus, an illness that was once easily treatable is no longer affected by the same medicines and the bacteria causing the infection multiplies, thus worsening the condition.
How do bacteria develop antibiotic resistance?
When you take a drug, not all the bacteria present is affected equally. While some bacteria die out, others turn dormant. Repeated and improper use of antibiotics can lead multiplication of the dormant bacteria, which results in spreading of disease, instead of containing the same. One of the main causes of this is using strong antibiotics to treat minor viral illnesses.
What can you do to fight antibiotic resistance?
- Follow your prescription: When taking a course of antibiotics, it is also essential to complete the course and not leave it midway just because you are feeling better. Antibiotics are also most effective when taken regularly. Hence, avoid skipping a dose in your treatment. Doing this does not completely cure the infection, but increases the bacteria's resistance to the drug.
- Do not take someone else's medicine: Self medication can do more harm than good. Each drug attacks a particular combination of symptoms. Taking medication prescribed for someone else can increase the bacteria's resistance to antibiotics. It can also delay correct treatment, thus allowing your condition to worsen.
- Discard the leftover medication: When stored for a long period of time, medicines lose their potency. Thus if you were to take them later, they would be less effective against the bacteria.
- Do not take antibiotics for a viral infection: In any case, antibiotics to not address viruses and hence, the medicine will not have a beneficial effect on the virus. However, it can affect the bacteria present in your body by making it resistant to the drug.
- Do not use antibiotics for an extended duration: Use of antibiotic for treating issues such as acne can contribute to antibiotic resistance. If you must take any such medication, ensure that you are being cared for by a healthcare professional. Most doctors will suggest giving your body breaks between antibiotic courses when it comes to long term medication.
- Try natural remedies: Many common bacterial infections can be successfully treated naturally in their early stages. Aloe Vera, turmeric, garlic and tea tree oil are some of the natural cures for a range of bacterial infections. The biggest advantage of these natural cures is their lack of side effects.
Sir maine apni wife ke sath 6 april ki subh sex kiya or 6 april ko hi uske period ho gye .uske baad 19 april ko uske stomach m bhut pain ho rha .thkan v lg rhi h.or sar dard v h .medicine lene pr v thik nhii ho rha h.kya wo prgent h .sir abi hamari marriage ko 1 month hi hua h.kya ye symptoms pregnancy ke h .hum abi baby nhii chahte h.
New study published in Journal of Biological Chemistry, NewYork, that "Lack of Vitamin-A found in many fruits, vegetables, meat & dairy products may be also the one factor in development of Diabetes(type-2)". Vitamin A helps to boosts the activity of Beta cells(Insulin producing cells).
A combination or standalone mineral and/ or herbs has proven excellent for vaginal wash to cure infections of different aetiology especially white or yellowish thick discharge. Though for complete treatment oral medicines are recommended but sometimes patient is not mentally ready to start proper course of treatment.
In such cases we recommend adopting vaginal wash approach for instant results. However its not the complete regime. At least patient feels relief to a large extent. Cost is very economical i.e. As low as INR 10/- per wash.
I m 19 year old. I have some problems in serious. I have back pain in period. And also body pain what can I do. And my period gape is 40 day. So what can I do for clove that kind of problems.
I am having sugar and I got married 3 months back now I am pregnant can you give suggestion for not getting sugar to my child.
I lost my periods dis month my date was feb 27th. 2 days back I have done pregnancy test it showed positive how should I take precautions n also With this is that conform I am pregnant When should I go to Dr.
Sir/mam, my wife having 27years old is pregnant of 4 month, from last 2o-22 days she is suffering from taifod. We are consulting with medicine specialist and he says that the fever is not going suddenly, it will take more days to recover. Sir I am very much worried both my wife and baby. Sir please advice me what should I do. Any suggestion for me. Plz.
I am 26 .I am married for 2 years. We did unprotected sex for 2 years. I did not take any precautions nor did he. Usually he used to bring out his thing at the time of discharge. I dint get pregnant anytym. Now as I want to conceive, I thot to consult a doctor for dos and do nots. Bt the doc, much to my irritation, only asked weather I take any precaution or not. She told me it is worrisome how you hvnt conceived yet if also your husband does not discharge within you. She has told me to do some test. So I want to ask is it really a danger?
Monsoon is that delightful time when the weather finally takes a positive turn and we are relieved of the scorching heat. Along with the easily visible temperature change, monsoon brings a number of changes which can have an increasingly positive impact on our health.
Read on to find out four effective ways to make the best of this season:
1. Train your brain - it has been proven that a walk amidst nature is the most effective way to increase brain function. Monsoon season provides an ideal temperature for you to go out for a stroll to your nearby park or street and this can do a lot of good to your brain. Such walks have been found to increase both memory and focus to a considerable extent.
2. Indulge in outdoor activities - it is almost impossible to step out for exercises during the sweltering summer months as it can cause severe dehydration of the body. However, autumn brings a considerable temperature decrease with it and is the perfect time to indulge in healthy outdoor activities such as cycling, running, hiking etc.
3. Utilize the extra sunlight - autumn grants us one extra hour of sunlight and you should make the most of it. Exposing your body to the sun for a time period of 10-15 minutes on a daily basis can effectively cover the amount of vitamin d required by the body.
4. Consume seasonal fruits - a number of healthy fruits are available in autumn such as apples, which are packed with vitamin a and are extremely beneficial for eye, hair and skin health. Moreover, pumpkin and squash are other fruits which are rich sources of beta carotene and thus help in building immunity against diseases such as cancer and hypertension.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Long Term Health Consequences of PCOS
You are at greater risk of developing the following long-term health problems if you have PCOS:
1) Insulin resistance and diabetes
If your blood glucose does not stay normal, this can lead to diabetes. One or two in every ten women with PCOS go on to develop diabetes at some time. If you have PCOS, your risk of developing diabetes is increased further if you:
- Are over 40 years of age
- Have relatives with diabetes
- Developed diabetes during a pregnancy (known as gestational diabetes)
- Are obese (body mass index or BMI over 30).
2) High blood pressure
Women with PCOS tend to have high blood pressure, which may be related to insulin resistance and to being overweight, rather than the PCOS itself. High blood pressure can lead to heart problems and should be treated.
3) Heart disease in later life
Developing heart disease is linked to health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. If you have a high cholesterol level you may be advised to take medication (statins) to reduce the risk of heart problems.
If you have less than three periods in a year), the endometrium (lining of the uterus) can thicken and this may lead to endometrial cancer in a small number of women.There are different ways to protect the lining of the womb using the hormone progesterone. You should visit your doctor if you are having lesser number of periods in a year. She will then prescribe a medicine to help you get the period. PCOS does not increase your chance of breast, cervical or ovarian cancer.
5) Depression and mood swings
The symptoms of PCOS may affect how you see yourself and how you think others see you. It can lower your self-esteem.
6) Snoring and daytime drowsiness
PCOS can lead to fatigue or sleepiness during the day. It is also associated with snoring.