Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. JagtapYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 years old. I'm studying degree second year. I'm very well in studies. But I have been losing concentration power gradually. Please help me to gain and grow my concentration power for my education.
I think I am suffering from anxiety disorder I consulted psychiatrist but there is no use my thoughts are running same I am feeling very bad and always feeling sad and sometimes happy I think my world was going away from me. I have suicidal thoughts also please give me a good suggestion to control my emotions and I am always crying and I am fearing to do my regular activities also. Why this happens to me only I can't understand.
: I'm a 23 year old male, recently having severe anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, and fear for no reason. I've beennoticing new white hairs on my head daily, and. I do not have depression but do have bad anxiety issues. I've been on Wellbutrin 300mg for a few months. My anxiety has worsened. My doc has added Cymbalta 60mg to my.
I am suffering from cold for around 2 weeks and from now my whole body is pain can you plzz tell me what happening to me.
I had not scored good marks in gate exam this year. This failure is continuously heating in my mind. I am depressed and unable to concentrate on my study. Please help me.
What I do in mental depression ? My body is so sensitive so depression is very effect on me so what I do?
Hi My age is 29 I have serious mental and stress problem not getting how to solve it it's all about a girl whom I want in my life. What should i do?
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual, which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses. Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life.
Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse.