Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.D Mahajan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. J.D MahajanYour feedback matters!
My age is 35. I was teacher. Now I left my job. Now a days whenever i tired on stressed. My throat and voice get affected. Sometimes my voice sounds like a man. Sometimes I cant speak. I got bad throat. Please help me with this
Doctor, three days back I developed sore throat. Two days back had fever (100.5) took only one paracetamol and after that body temperature till today (3rd day) is Normal .but I am having joint pains ,heavy legs and very mild cramp .i went MD doc. He did CBP. He told everything is normal. Platelets are adequate, lymphocytes 36% .can this be dengue? I don’t have fever .i have only joint pain in left elbow and legs are heavy.
I seriously need to shed some weight. Recently I have starting snoring a lot. N get tired very easily. Have become short breathed. N heart pounds like hell even on small workouts.
I have heartburn, acidity problem from a long time. Always having irritation in throat. I want to consult a doctor in gurgaon. please help me.
I am 21 years old male, I am having my throat infection for near about a week, I tried home medical like warm water with salt and pepper milk but it temporary temporary relief and the pain is acute and is not tolerable now. What to do now.
I have sinus problem and in morning very much problem with nose so please tell me proper solution of sinus.
I have a dry cough from the last two days. I take some syrup suggested by doctor but there is no relief at all. And I am feeling some type of pain in my throat. So pls suggest me some medicines that gives me quick relief from this?
Hi, I am 51 years old I frequently get back pain. I work as a steno in my office for 8 hours. Right now I am suffering from fever, running nose, throat infection. Please provide me an proper solution.!
Almost I do not take ice water but when i take ice water I suffer from throat pain and cold, what is the reason?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!