Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hiremath
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. HiremathYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. My blood pressure is 137/92 is it good or bad. Because my backside head paining. How to control it suggest me.
Sir what are the symptoms for heart failure. How can we identify. How to cure that disease. Why and how do we get.
I am 31 years old. My weight is 85 kg. I have lots of stress, tension and depression symptoms these days due to personal reasons. Due to this my b. P becomes high while during sleep and because of this I feel numbness in my hand and sometime in legs what should I do? What type of diet and exercises should I do so that I could avoid medicines. Can I take himalaya lasuna for this. Because I do not want take allopathy medicines. Regards.
In Ayurveda, the heart or Hridaya is most vital since it is the organ that is responsible for enabling proper circulation of blood all over the body while governing your emotions so as to keep you fit and energetic. When it comes to the development of heart ailments, a highly stressful lifestyle, and poor eating habits are considered to be the main culprits of heart diseases or Hrudroga. As a consequence, these causes bring about the hardening of the arteries, leading to problems like angina (ruja) and angio-obstruction (vata dosa). Factors like high blood pressure, heredity, diabetes, smoking and high cholesterol make you predispose to developing problems of the heart.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda offers safe and innovative preparations for the handling of heart diseases. Plants like garlic, Arjuna, cinnamon and their preparations are used for treating heart ailments. Depending on individual cases, certain very effective natural preparations are recommended by a practitioner of Ayurveda along with lifestyle changes like:
1. Getting rid of stress - When it comes to the heart, Ayurveda propounds a holistic approach in the treatment of this organ, which encompasses both physical and emotional considerations. Herbal formulations that contain ingredient like Ashwagandha are known to reduce tension in the mind as well as the body while strengthening the heart muscle.
2. Eating right - Developing the habit of correct eating is vital for improving heart health. According to Ayurveda, the ideal food portion should be one that fits into the cups of your palms. Having meals three times a day at fixed timings can help in training your digestive system to not only anticipate but also digest the food consumed. For stimulating a slow digestion salt, ginger and lime can be consumed.
3. Removing Ama (arterial plaque) from your body - For enabling a proper functioning of the heart regular cleaning of the internals is recommended as per Ayurvedic teaching so as to flush out the arterial plaque that gets accumulated in your blood vessel. From eating a high fiber diet and drinking lukewarm water to going to sleep by 10pm, Ayurvedic treatment of the heart consists of these recommendations.
4. Exercising regularly - The key to a good heart health is exercising regularly but in moderation. In this context, Ayurveda believes in the concept of Balaardh, which is exercising to about 50% of your capacity. This reduces instances of strains and injuries received due to exercising. Walking for about half an hour every day is considered to be a great metabolism booster as well and it brings about an improvement of the heart.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How to Control Hair Loss Through Ayurveda?
I'm hypertensive on 5mg amlodipine once a day. But my blood pressure is above 140 for the last three years. What should I do.
Sir my age is 29. My blood group is b positive. My fasting sugar level is 106. I am suffering from palpitation last 4 months I have consulted to cardiology dept rml Delhi. ECG and echo report are normal please suggest me what can I do.
When the normal functioning of the heart shuts down suddenly due to heart disease or any other cardiovascular condition, then this is known as sudden death due to a heart problem. Every year, there are over 100,000 deaths globally due to this reason, as per various medical studies. Sudden Cardiac Arrest or SCD is a cause of death for many adults who may or may not be suffering from chronic heart disease. Let us find out more about this condition.
- Difference between Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD) and Heart Attack: A myocardial infarction or heart attack can happen when there is a blockage in one of the arteries of the heart which prevents the passage of blood and oxygen to the heart's varied chambers. When the oxygen present in the blood does not reach the heart in adequate amounts and on time, it can lead to a heart attack. In the case of SCD or sudden cardiac arrest, the problem happens due to a shutdown of the heart after a malfunction in the electrical systems which can lead to varied irregularities.
Accelerated heartbeats, fluttering and quivering of the ventricles which are also known as ventricular fibrillation, as well as other similar causes can ensure that the blood does not reach the heart on time, which can lead to sudden death. The patient usually loses consciousness within the very first few minutes as the blood does not reach the brain.
Symptoms: There are a number of symptoms that are associated with this phenomenon. While losing consciousness is one of the first signs, others include a racing heartbeat as well as heart rhythm problems and dizzy spells. The symptoms usually take place suddenly without prior warning and lead to a complete shutdown of the heart and its functions.
Causes: The main cause of SCD is a condition known as arrhythmias which is basically characterized by abnormal heart rhythms and vertical fibrillation which leads to disorganized impulses to be released from the ventricles due to which the heart cannot pump blood properly. It can lead to death within a matter of minutes if it remains untreated.
Revival: On an emergency basis, the patient will have to be given CPR by an expert at the emergency unit of the hospital. This is a manual process of retrieving the patient by pumping the chest and breathing into the patient's mouth. Portable defibrillators can also be used to revive the patient in such cases.
Risk Factors: Patients who have suffered heart attacks in the past and have a family history of heart disease and heart attacks, are at maximum risk when it comes to SCD. Also, factors like obesity and diabetes can increase the risk.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!